Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Body Lotion

3.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have dry skin, and at least for winter, this is doing nothing at all for me. I use it primarily for my hands, and in less than two hours, my hands are just as dry as they were before I applied. It's very thin, so the 2.7oz tube I've been using often dispenses too much product. I also really dislike the scent, which is hard to describe but kind of smells like warm sprite. I much prefer cheap drugstore body lotions to this.

on 8/26/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I too was introduced to this product staying at the Hilton. I didn't think much of it at the time. It felt sticky going on. It smelled masculine. But once my skin absorbed it, it left it supple and the fragrance almost gone. My skin felt great. I used it during my entire trip. Once I got back, I missed it. So, I purchased the full size.

on 4/1/2014 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I stayed at a couple Hilton hotels throughout my 2 week Eurotrip so I used this lotion throughout my stay. I wouldn't consider it mega-rich since it doesn't hydrate more than a standard lotion. I do like that it is a thinner consistency so it is easy to spread, but the thin consistency makes me want to use so much of it. I don't think I would buy it for the mere fact that it is too expensive for such a basic lotion. The smell is a bit masculine; but everytime I smell this lotion it will remind me of my Eurotrip.

on 3/29/2014 1:07:00 AM

This cream smells delicious but hardly moisturizes. After one hour, already my skin felt dry and tight. This cream is way to expensive to do nothing.

on 3/6/2014 3:57:00 PM

My assistant got a tube of this from a friend and we tried it at the office; upon first try, it seemed ok. I contemplated buying a tube for myself, but the price: yikes. Fast forward a few months, and I was staying at a Hilton, and they had a full complement of PTR products in the bath (shampoo, conditioner, facial bar, and lotion), so I lucked out and got to try each. I have intolerably dry hands and body (not face), I'm sure largely due to a low-fat diet, sub-zero climate, and a space heater I sit over for 10+ hours a day. This lotion felt too light to me upon touch, and proved to be upon application. I could easily have reapplied a second lotion over the top without overdoing it, that's how light this stuff was for me. I was also disappointed in the scent: yuck. Kind of masculine, kind of low-end cleaning product smelling. I am glad I held out on purchasing until I got another chance to try this. I will not be buying a full-size and would not recommend this to anyone with severly dry skin.
**UPDATE**: I am dropping my rating by one lippie. This stuff is doing absolutely nothing for my dry skin. And I am beyond sick of the fragrance.

on 1/30/2014 10:57:00 PM

I have been using this lotion for years only because I've been collecting it from hotels. Only within the past week have I used it consistently day after day and I cannot believe how incredibly soft and smooth my skin feels. The product sinks in immediately, so I have no qualms about applying it to my dry hands even right before a business meeting. I am now convinced I have to have the full size--and I am not one to be spending so much on body lotion.... I've also grown to really like the smell.

on 10/6/2013 11:06:00 PM

Like any before me, I got this in a sample size from a Hilton Hotel. I love it, it absorbs quickly and smells divine. A little goes a along way. Will definitely be purchasing a full size bottle.

Expensive yet mediocre lotion. It did hydrate, but not any better than most others. It felt heavy upon application, but that soon disappeared, and actually within a couple of hours my skin felt unmoisturised altogether (& it's not even wintertime). I applied right after my shower, so it should have had a great effect. I would prefer if my skin felt hydrated for the day. The scent is not terrible, but not good either, smells a bit cheap. I would choose a Keri lotion over this one, and at 1/2 the price. This lotion is better as a hand creme rather than a body lotion.

on 4/28/2013 10:19:00 PM

I have several mini tubes of this I got from the Hilton at Fiji. Really good for a kid's body lotion as it absorbs well, has a pleasant (not overpowering) smell and leaves skin smooth and moisturised without being greasy at all. I use a more perfumed lotion myself but I'd recommend this one for a daily moisturiser. :-)

on 2/22/2013 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I got this lotion in the sample size and I've been using it for a couple of months now as a hand cream. As a hand cream, it's probably one of the best I've used: fast-absorbent, moisturizing, and non-greasy (this being especially important because I have SUPER dry hands and I reapply every time I wash my hands). I'm not sure about how effective it is as a body lotion, but judging by how well it worked on my hands, I'd wager it'd be worth the buy.