July 25, 2014 | 941 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Peter Thomas Roth - Mega Rich Body Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I stayed at a couple Hilton hotels throughout my 2 week Eurotrip so I used this lotion throughout my stay. I wouldn't consider it mega-rich since it doesn't hydrate more than a standard lotion. I do like that it is a thinner consistency so it is easy to spread, but the thin consistency makes me want to use so much of it. I don't think I would buy it for the mere fact that it is too expensive for such a basic lotion. The smell is a bit masculine; but everytime I smell this lotion it will remind me of my Eurotrip.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by alina08

This cream smells delicious but hardly moisturizes. After one hour, already my skin felt dry and tight. This cream is way to expensive to do nothing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

My assistant got a tube of this from a friend and we tried it at the office; upon first try, it seemed ok. I contemplated buying a tube for myself, but the price: yikes. Fast forward a few months, and I was staying at a Hilton, and they had a full complement of PTR products in the bath (shampoo, conditioner, facial bar, and lotion), so I lucked out and got to try each. I have intolerably dry hands and body (not face), I'm sure largely due to a low-fat diet, sub-zero climate, and a space heater I sit over for 10+ hours a day. This lotion felt too light to me upon touch, and proved to be upon application. I could easily have reapplied a second lotion over the top without overdoing it, that's how light this stuff was for me. I was also disappointed in the scent: yuck. Kind of masculine, kind of low-end cleaning product smelling. I am glad I held out on purchasing until I got another chance to try this. I will not be buying a full-size and would not recommend this to anyone with severly dry skin.
**UPDATE**: I am dropping my rating by one lippie. This stuff is doing absolutely nothing for my dry skin. And I am beyond sick of the fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by flixbix

I have been using this lotion for years only because I've been collecting it from hotels. Only within the past week have I used it consistently day after day and I cannot believe how incredibly soft and smooth my skin feels. The product sinks in immediately, so I have no qualms about applying it to my dry hands even right before a business meeting. I am now convinced I have to have the full size--and I am not one to be spending so much on body lotion.... I've also grown to really like the smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like any before me, I got this in a sample size from a Hilton Hotel. I love it, it absorbs quickly and smells divine. A little goes a along way. Will definitely be purchasing a full size bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Expensive yet mediocre lotion. It did hydrate, but not any better than most others. It felt heavy upon application, but that soon disappeared, and actually within a couple of hours my skin felt unmoisturised altogether (& it's not even wintertime). I applied right after my shower, so it should have had a great effect. I would prefer if my skin felt hydrated for the day. The scent is not terrible, but not good either, smells a bit cheap. I would choose a Keri lotion over this one, and at 1/2 the price. This lotion is better as a hand creme rather than a body lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by TeishaBloss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have several mini tubes of this I got from the Hilton at Fiji. Really good for a kid's body lotion as it absorbs well, has a pleasant (not overpowering) smell and leaves skin smooth and moisturised without being greasy at all. I use a more perfumed lotion myself but I'd recommend this one for a daily moisturiser. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by nerminhhabib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this lotion in the sample size and I've been using it for a couple of months now as a hand cream. As a hand cream, it's probably one of the best I've used: fast-absorbent, moisturizing, and non-greasy (this being especially important because I have SUPER dry hands and I reapply every time I wash my hands). I'm not sure about how effective it is as a body lotion, but judging by how well it worked on my hands, I'd wager it'd be worth the buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by dianadelin

The Hilton in Santa Fe offers Peter Thomas Roth products. Nice touch for a hotel...but nothing I would purchase for myself. I brought the lotion home and forgot about it in a drawer. When I re-discovered, I applied it to my arms...1 hr later I was washing it off. (I never have to do that) I couldn't stand the smell mixed with my body chemistry. As far as moisturizing...nothing special...just over-priced lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a quite nice lotion. I got a few 30mL tubes of this from Hilton hotel stay, and I do like it a lot. The lotion is not thick but contains just the perfect amount of oil so that it hydrates normal skin very well without feeling greasy, absorbs well and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth. Tried it on my face and it is gentle enough to go on the face. Sometimes I need to apply 2 layers to combat dry flaky skin. The only part I don't like is the scent, hard to describe but smells a bit cheap and powdery and citrus, It's not annoying but I can't say I like the scent.
In the end I'd say it's a really good lotion, however I do not plan to repurchase because of the price ($18 for 250mL I think). There are lots of other nice lotions out there for ordinary people to afford.