November 24, 2014 | 1376 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Pure Matte - Montego Bay

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by MACalleycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my first attempt at Matte Lipstick. I have small lips and shy away from anything too bold. I first prepped my lips with balm. I blotted so as to only have a very thin layer on my lips when I put on the lipstick. I thought the matte texture would create some "drag" when applied; but it did not. The slim line makes it easy to apply without the need of lip liner. The color is vibrant, but as another reviewer said, "like your lips only better". Montego Bay reminds me of Nars Orgasm, minus the gold shimmer.

You could use this lipstick alone, for those who love a matte lip. But it's great as a stain under gloss too.

The only draw backs are that it is a bit drying and I expected it to have a bit longer staying power. I generally need to reapply it more if I wear it alone rather than with gloss. Also it leans a tiny bit orange, so if your teeth aren't gleaming white it may bring attention to yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

This is the 4th color from the NARS pure Matte line that I have purchased. This is the first light colored matte lipstick that I have ever owned/worn actually. I usually wear glosses or sheer lipsticks when wearing lighter or nude colors but I have really moved away from glosses in the last couple of years because I want more color, and color that lasts.

This is a really soft, lovely light rose-peach pink lipstick. Its a color that brightens up the whole face and can pull more rose-pink, nude or peach depending on the rest of your makeup. It reminds me a bit of a Matte version of NARS mayflower, a color I love and have purchased and used multiple tubes of. Both are a light peachy-pink and suit my warm-toned complextion. I feel that I look younger when I wear colors like this. Its a youthful look yet sophisticated at the same time because of the matte look. (and no shimmer, glitter or frost). This is a bit too light to be a MLBB for me but is close.

This looks gorgeous with rosey pink blushes as well as peachy pinks. (NARS deep throat, super orgasm, Amour and BB rose petal come to mind) I agree with the reviewer who said that this works as a cheek color! In fact I wish they would make this exact color in a cream blush, it would be to die for.

EDIT 6.26.2013 I ended up buying a back up of this because I love the color so much. It could stand to be less drying. I would also appreciate a little more product per item.....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great peachy pink lipstick that looks really good on my tan skin. It's great for a natural look, not too vibrant like mac's lipstick so it's accessible for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by tearupyourphotos

First off, I love NARS' lip products. That being said, I was a bit skeptical when the Pure Matte line came out because the semi-mattes already dry my lips and you get less product for the same price. It stays on with lip balm underneath, so problem solved (IDK about the latter though...).
Montego Bay was actually the answer to the void in my lipstick collection: a "nude"/MLBB since I mostly wear bolder colors. I tried Honolulu Honey and Barbarella? before and they both didn't look good on me. For reference, I'm NC 20 with strong yellow undertones and it shows up a peachy pink that's a touch lighter than my pigmented lips. I like the packaging better than the typical rubber NARS packaging. Added bonus: it's not as noticeable as Scarlet Empress et al. on my boyfriend's lips after we make out ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by arieeel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My second lipstick from this range; my first was Mascate. The only NARS counter in Singapore (Tangs Beauty Hall, fyi) was sold out in this, and I was devastated -- until they suddenly found a new tube hidden away in the back of a drawer, just when I was walking away. Looks like Montego Bay and I were meant to be together, after all. I've been on the hunt for the perfect MLBB lipstick since forever, and while this isn't quite it, it's close. A rose-peach mattte, it's a pure pigmented color that applies smoothly. I prefer a balm underneath this, but it doesn't seem to have that drying quality that's so often the dealbreaker with many other matte lipsticks. I heard it contains wild mango butter, which is good. The lipstick is housed in a slim tube, dressed in the iconic sleek black NARS packaging, so no complaints there. I've yet to wear this out to see how long it lasts, but it seems pretty promising.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is a great your-lips-but-better lipstick. Not quite a nude, because it does lend some warm peach tones to my pigmented lips. It's not nearly as drying or matte as some of the other Pure Matte lipsticks or matte lipsticks in general. This is a staple in my collection, even though it's not super exciting or unique. For reference, my other MLBB shades are MAC Kinda Sexy lipstick, NARS Napoli lipstick, and NARS Chihuahua lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 7:46:00 AM More reviews by ElusiveCreature

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this about 2-3 months ago after a nice nude lipstick.

This was recommended to me and is a lovely pale pink colour but not too pale pink - my lips have colour already but this sets them off nicely.

Use Turkish Delight lipgloss over this as catwalk makeup artists do and you'll have a great look.

My only downside is yes it is a bit matte but use a good lip balm before hand (I let mine soak in and then blot) and you should be good to go.

Oh - I also use this as a blush sometimes (Joan Collins tip) and it blends in well and looks great, I think I'm NC25.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by kim080464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had to come on and write a review for this. This is my first Nars purchase and honestly, it hurt me a little to throw down $20+ dollars for a lipstick. But I am so glad I bit the bullet and did it! This is a gorgeous lipstick. It says matte and it is, but it is not drying at all. It has some creaminess to it but still maintains the matte look. Check temptalia for a full color description and swatches. On me, it looks coral-pink, with a bit of rose. It is gorgeous on my cool/neutral skin tone. Revlon colorstay in Buff for reference. Blonde hair/blue eyes. It lights up my complexion and my overall look. I love this. This will be one of the first ever lipsticks that I will have a back-up of. I don't do that often but this lipstick is worthy. Definitely going to check out all the other NARS lipstick range.