October 23, 2014 | 2105 users online

Polishes - Nutra Nail - Gel Perfect UV Free Gel Color

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Beckedun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm probably one of the only people excited to stock up on this while it appears to be sold at clearance prices before being removed from shelves, but I'm in love!

Two reasons I'm as happy as I am? One, I'm VERY experienced and skilled at applying my own polish. Two, I picked up the "Enamored" (metallic army green) color for under $3 on clearance at my local Bartell Drugs.

Yes, it's hard to control the product, but if you're careful to follow the very clear and complete instructions, and have the steady hand and patience to carefully apply 2-4 coats of both activator and color products, the result is a shiny, beautiful and strong gel polish manicure that looks like it came from the salon.

My recommendations to make this product easier to use for first-timers are:

- Use a darker color. Lighter colors seem to streak more and require more coats.

- Apply activator to 2-3 nails at a time before going over it with the color coat. If you go one hand at a time, the activator may dry on some of the nails before you can carefully apply the color coat. It's important that the two products mix before drying.

- Don't rush yourself. Do both coats one nail at a time if you need, but take the time you need to apply an even layer of color and use an orange stick to clean up any wayward polish that gets on the skin or cuticles.

- Apply 3 or even 4 coats; don't stop until the streaks even out. The first coat or two will be streaky but that is okay, even expected.

- Finish up with a final coat of activator as a top coat.

Good luck ladies! Give it a shot even if you're skeptical-- you can probably find it discounted quite easily, if you're more comfortable risking it at a lower price point.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by sherideane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lame! I should have read reviews first but I suppose I didn't expect a product like this to be so disappointing. I tried it twice to make sure it wasn't just "user error"... Each time, my nails chipped within 12 hours! And not only at the tips, but after a full day, they lift and chip around the nail bed. Honestly, the "Activator" smells and feels like nothing more than super glue. Its poor performance makes me wonder if it is! They really should discontinue this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Hollylolly123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didn't really think this was too bad and it comes with step by step instructions, and if you want to remove it properly then you can buy special removers for this exact product and they work well! And there's five pockets in one remover pack! Great value and lasted for a about 3/4 days! So in my opinion it wasn't actually that bad despite the other reviews!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by yordanagi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really Disappointed About this product!
Honestly I am happy I bOught it on sale. At first is nice to have your nails dry and ready to go in a matter of minutes. BUT it doesn't even last a day.
I decided to get my nails done a for a wedding I had to attend on a Saturday. Thinking friday was going to be a busy day I opted to have them done on Thursday night. I applied the product following their video tutorial and everything look good. Regardless of the strong chemical fumes that came from the activator bottle (this product is not for people with a weak stomach), the final product was really gel like looking! Happy with the result. Went to bed for a restful night.
I Took a shower the next morning and headed to work. While I was driving I noticed that the nail polish had already started to come off!!! Really? not even 24hrs later... This continued the whole day and by saturday my nails look like CRAP!! most of them had the nail polish either half way chipped away or fully gone. And whatever was left I couldn't remove it with a regular nail polish remover because of what this product is made of.
COMPLETLY A TOTALLY DISSAPOINTED WITH THIS PRODUCT. WILL NEVER EVER BUY IT AGAIN, NOT WORTH YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by kcroyals

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know I am alone in this opinion but I love this stuff. I think it works so well for me because I have short nails. I think I could see problems with long nails ( maybe). It goes on easily, looks great and wears perfectly till I take it off. The best thing ( and worst) is that I will be able to stock up on the cheap until they quit making it. Until then I have beautiful nails, no salon visits and a ton of money saved! Oh, and it makes my nails strong ! May keep them short just so I can use this polish tho!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't normally do my own nails, but was attracted to the promise of a 'gel nail' at home manicure without UV/LED lights. This product failed to deliver on all counts.

The package came with three bottles: Activator, Nail Color, and Brush cleaner, with no clear instructions. I was confused at why there's be no step-by-step instructions, and instead a directive to watch a video on YouTube. That's silly, at the very least please include a pictorial.

I filed, buffed, and cleaned my nail beds before applying the 'activator', which then proceeded to run all over my cuticles and skin. Annoying, but not a deal breaker. I then followed with the polish, which was streaky at best, despite having been applied in thin coats (two).

After an hour, the polish hadn't set, so I used acetone (the 'brush cleaner' to remove it. I would not recommend this sub-par polish system to anyone. It was a waste of $11.99.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Princess817

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Unfortunately the bad reviews are true. I can't really add anything other than what was said....
Complete waste of money. Chipped after an hour. AN HOUR.
I suspect the 'activator' is nail glue, too..which I can't even get nail glue to stick to my nails (when I need to repair them because of breaks) so...yeah.
REALLY expensive for nail glue and the bottles are VERY small. And the color selection just sucks.
Boo. Very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Bafisher13

I will never use again. Stupid .. Just nail glue that I should of known from the smell. Chips within two days takes forever to get off even with pure acetone .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This product does everything it says but ALL IT CONSIST OF IS BRUSH ON NAIL GLUE and NAIL POLISH lol the "activator" is brush on nail glue,the polish is regular nail polish,the "cleaner" is nothin but pure acetone. You can get the same effect by spending $3 on some brush on nail glue and follow the same procedure (clean nails ,apply the brush on nail glue,apply polish,place polish brush in acetone and wipe offf excess polish,repeat and add one last coat of nail glue) i add essie 3 way glaze as a top coat,this stuff is really more of a rip off,i mean it does what it says it will BUT COME ON! REALLY $10-$15 for a mini nail glue,mini polish and mini bottle of acetone??? Never again for me. Btw to remove this you have to soak it off with acetone i can only imagine the mess,will update when i come upon that joyous event lol

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Maydaybabay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

RUN AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT. This stuff is DREADFUL. The activator is straight up nail glue. The "brush cleaner" is acetone. You are essentially painting your entire nail with glue. This made a WRECK of my nails. I'm painfully trying to remove them and my nails are now a complete ragged, bleeding mess. I HATE YOU NUTRA NAIL