July 26, 2014 | 1880 users online

Lipstick - Illamasqua - Kontrol

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by amandaprefect

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was used on me at an Illamasqua Beauty Transformation... and transform me it did! Bought it afterwards - it's a very intense blue-purple (matching my hair!) and just lasts and lasts. Well worth the price tag. The only slight downside is it's a little on the dry side, but for sheer staying power and the ability to turn heads, it's well worth it. Tip: Was used with a top layer of Underworld for a show-stopping, UV finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh god, how I want to love this. It is SUCH a beautiful, unique color. It just does not work well with my very yellow, warm toned, pale skin. With the proper eyeshadow and blush colors, I can pull off this color, but I'm dissapointed in the application. It's not as opaque as I expected, and it takes lots of building up to appear so. I still love this lipstick for how beautiful it is in the tube, and I'm determined to make it work!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a terrific blue-violet lipstick. It is truly a dark blue-violet, slightly greyed, quite opaque, with a satin-matte finish, a little dry going on, but i did not find it drying.
This is a HG color, since true blue-violets are so hard to find. You have to be committed to wearing this color with confidence and assurance. It is probably NSFW for most jobs. But when out on the town, this is a real eye-catcher and head-turner.
I don't have a camera so i can't post pictures, but Christine of Temptalia has some excellent shots in her review:
Illamasqua lipsticks have a slight vanilla scent. Because they apply somewhat dry they stay on quite a long while, but salad dressing and hot food will take it off a bit.
For times when i want more moisture or a bit of shine, i apply Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Boost over Kontrol. They are not the same color (Boost is a bit lighter), but both are blue-violet and highly compatible.
If you are jones-ing for a blue-violet lipstick, this could be the one for you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh. My. God.
I bought this for myself for my birthday last week, and I just tried it on for the first time... Let me start out by saying that I'm usually a Revlon red girl, but this... AMAZING! I wasn't sure how it would look on me, as I'm super pale with jet black hair and blue-green-grey eyes. Looks incredible! LOVE IT! Definitely not for the lipgloss-only kinda girl, but if you like intense lipcolors, you must try this lipstick! So happy I shelled out the dough for it!
FYI I did the rest of my face the way that I would if I was wearing my usual red lipstick, black cream liner and thickening mascara, and that's it. LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by kabukiKILLER

I just got this lipstick and I was wondering why I waited so long! It's a deep, slightly greyed purple, but still very vibrant. It's not very red like a lot of other purples. I find that mine was creamier than a lot of my other Illamasqua lipsticks. This posed a problem with it rubbing off more on my straws and whatever came in contact with my mouth, but after about 5 hours at college, I still had a full mouth of lipstick like I did when I left home.

The biggest downside for this would probably be that it's not meant for everyone. It's not really a skin color and tone shade, but a personality kind of shade, and what you pair it with. It's a bit tricky.

I like to pair it with neutral eye and face make up, a thin line of gel eyeliner and neutral brows. Either that or full on heavy everything make up. Nothing in between. It's just not one of those colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by emisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

gorgeous violet ls with a satin finish, 2 swipes for full opacity. not drying at all. has the same vanilla scent that mac ls has. love it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 5:50:00 AM More reviews by AdreeC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This lipstick is definitely not for the feint of heart. It's the most unique shade in my collection for a very good reason. Kontrol is a blue purple, violet, and is very pigmented. When you swipe it on your lips, the color of the stick is the color that goes on your lips. It's extremely opaque and saturated. The finish is a matte, and I've tried other matte lipsticks from Illamasqua and have found the other to be quite drying. That is not the case with Kontrol, it has much more cream and moisture to it while still giving that matte look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by medusacanibal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

"Kontrol" is a creamy deep blue violet with a satin finish. It has a little shimmer but it's almost unnoticeable and it disappears easily. Depending on the layers you apply, it's the type of lip product you get: it goes from a sheer blueish stain to a deep violet moisturizing lip color. It's very versatile and different from other Illamasqua's lipsticks.

If you're into violet lips, you must try this one!