kleenex shine absorbing sheets

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/30/2015 7:29:00 AM

I am uber greasy and have tried every variety of blotting paper - powdered and unpowdered - over the years.

Most of them work to some degree but the powdered ones tend to be the wrong colour and the unpowdered are so thin & flimsy that it takes several just for my nose, oh & they feel a bit like the toilet paper you used to get in schools and public loos (only those as old as me will remember the stuff) which is faintly offputting.

These are amazing. Reasonably thick & not flimsy and with just one my nose is degreased and my glasses stop trying to make their escape for a good few hours!

I bought them by chance with my last delivery supermarket order of all things. I'm about to stock up from somewhere cheaper, and create a serious stash so I never risk running out!

on 7/18/2014 4:12:00 PM

I had a random packet of these stored away in a cupboard (can't even remember where they came from) and after my E.L.F. blotting sheets ran out I just grabbed these without really taking much notice of them. However, once I found out how amazing they were I went on a desperate hunt to track down more, only to find out that they've been discontinued in the UK!

I cannot begin to explain (in words that would do them justice anyway) just how brilliant these are. The ones from E.L.F. which are always a staple in my handbag, don't even begin to compare to how excellent these ones work. The packaging is sturdy meaning they stand up to being thrown into the bottom of a bag; there's a little sticky patch on the inside which grabs a sheet at a time each time you open the box, meaning there's no wastage; and the sheets are lovely and thick as opposed to the more papery feel of the E.L.F. ones. They're really easy to use too - grab one from the pack, swipe over the areas of your face that get oily, then stand back in amazement at just how much these pick up! They're not powdery, so they won't interfere with your makeup (if you've got any on) but they do leave you looking matte and a lot less oily. I usually find if I do my whole face it takes about 4 sheets, meaning they're pretty economical too (you get 50 sheets in a pack).

I can't remember how much I paid for the original box of these, but if you're in the UK you can buy them fairly easily from eBay. I just purchased a bulk lot of 20 boxes (equating to 1,000 sheets in total) which cost me 7.99 and the seller included free delivery, making it around 40p a pack (no complaints there!). I'm incredibly disappointed that Kleenex discontinued these and am still toying with the idea of emailing them to ask why, but for the time being at least there's eBay!

on 10/15/2013 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I discovered these after I ran out of my favourite Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets and didn't want to pay extortionate prices on Ebay or Amazon to have more shipped over from abroad. Incredibly, I found these in Home Bargains for 29p (!) - I believe they are soon to be discontinued. So naturally, like the crazy bargain-hunter I am, I piled my basket up high.

If you've ever used the C&C sheets, the texture will already be very familiar to you. However these wipes have a softer patterned side, so the 'rubbery' purple side is the only side you should use on your face. Simply dab the flat sheet on any areas where you want to absorb oil, dispose of and then dust some powder over the top if needed. Perfect for anyone like me who, midway through the day, gets a case of 'the shinies' and needs an easy, quick and effective way of re-mattifying the skin. The packaging is super-easy to keep in your handbag: thin and light. There is also a peel-off sticky tab to make removing the sheets from the pack much easier.

I can't believe how cheap these were and it's a shame they seem to be discontinued, but I'm glad I stocked up as I use blotting sheets every day. If you don't find any in store, there seem to be plenty on Ebay. I'd recommend them as an essential to any other oily-skinned ladies - I can't go out without some of these!

on 8/23/2013 6:10:00 AM

I don't think these are great but they are the best blotting sheets I've found, mines are purple and when applied to face they remove al the oil from your face they don't apply powder to your skin but leave a instant matte finish.

on 7/2/2013 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

A staple in my makeup bag. Fuss-free packaging and mine is in purple, and looks so chic with its simple design. It's affordable and very much readily available where I live--that's a plus. It does what it is suppose to do as an oil blotting sheet and never disturbs the makeup I have painstakingly applied. Press the non-patterned, slightly rubbery surface against your skin to remove unwanted shine while the patterned, textured surface hides any unsightly dark stains caused by the splotches of sebum absorbed by the sheet. Makes oil blotting a much more elegant act in public than it actually is, haha! Love this stuff, I'm on my 5th pack now and I will continue to repurchase this.

on 10/27/2012 2:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love these. I get oily on my T-zone a lot and normally blot with a tissue then repowder. I don't need to with these, as they blot the oil off but don't disturb the makeup that's still there. They are more expensive than others I have tried, but they are so good I will re-purchase for sure.

I have given a 4 for packaging, only because my kids found them and pulled them all out the little envelope they come in - a little latchable compact would be perfect!

on 5/18/2012 6:36:00 PM

I love these blotting papers - best I've ever tried!
The packagaing is cute and it helps you to get the papers out of the little box (which can be tricky) - just make sure you peel off the little sticker inside. The adhesive bit will stick to the next paper and pull it out the next time you open the little box - genius!
I love that the papers absorb all the oil on the skin without disturbing the makeup at all.
They are pricier than other blotting papers, but they are totally worth it. I have repurchased and will continue to do so :-)

on 1/20/2012 2:54:00 PM

best ones i ever bought and the only ones ill ever use,i love them

on 10/15/2011 1:13:00 PM

These are the best oil blotting sheets ever...the packaging is well thought out and super cute, the sheets are really effective and doesn't unsettle your foundation at all. I usually apply my foundation..wait a few minutes, then use one of these sheets, then powder and my makeup lasts nicer for longer.

You use the non patterened side (plain purple) against your skin..press it down and then peel it away...look at all that oil...perfectly removed from your skin...all ready for your powder. x

Popular Misc Beauty Tools