Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balm in Brownie

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/8/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I heard, like many others, that this was supposed to be a dupe for Black Honey which I really like. However, this color was nothing close to that beautiful blackened berry-red for me. It looked really orange and muddy with my coloring and was not flattering at all.

The lip balm itself is fine (I also have it in Champagne, which I reach for often) and the pigmentation is great. It wears off fairly easily and isn't deeply moisturizing, but it does the job okay. It has some shine to it and no off-putting tastes of scents. Brownie's color was just a no-go for me.

on 8/13/2013 12:56:00 PM

This was my first purchase of a Palladio product. I really do like it. It's a very, very pretty rosy brown shade, just a really pretty color. Surprisingly well-pigmented for a tinted lip balm. Moisturizes well, stays on quite nicely. It's a great product for the price, and I would also like to try it in other colors.

on 7/25/2013 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great dupe for Clinique Black Honey! Moisturizing, easy to apply and good color pay off for a tinted balm. Nice little gem, for those on the go.

on 9/6/2012 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful red/brown color, smooth application and reasonably moisturizing. I can swipe this on without a mirror, which is always a plus. It's sheer enough for any old time, imo, so I usually have it in my purse. Fades nicely too. Cons are no SPF, and not terribly long-lasting. Still, the shade is lovely enough for me to hold on to while I painfully attempt to weed out my array of lip stuff!

on 8/14/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My favorite lipstick of all time is Cover Girl's Blushberry. Even though I have back-ups, my main lipstick obsession has been to find dupes- or at least shades which give a similar result. Which is why I am so happy somoene on MUA had mentioned this balm. The color is more brown but it's sheer and looks so very MLBB, and it's easy to apply anywhere without a mirror and since the packaging is so sturdy, it's easy to carry everywhere and use whenever. I don't tend to pay attention to how moisturizing lip products are, sorry, and they ALL disappear like crazy on me- which is why re-application ease is so important. So glad I have this, and that it's not discontinued!!!!

on 10/14/2011 8:27:00 PM

This is a great tinted balm that I find myself reaching for again and again. It has a smooth (but not slick or glossy) texture and a non-obtrusive scent (very faint vanilla). I wear a regular lip balm under this, but it's probably not necessary as I find this product to be fairly moisturizing on its own. I love the color of this - a somewhat opaque rosy brown shade with no shimmer. As the balm wears away on my lips, it tends to leave a subtle stain behind that actually ends up being flattering for me. Packaging is not much to look at (standard chapstick-type of packaging, only in black plastic) but it is quite sturdy. No SPF, but the balm I wear underneath this takes care of that. I find this product to be comparable in quality to Laura Mercier's Hydratint balm in Mocha Tint, but for a quarter of the price. Highly recommended!

Recommended for Medium Skin