Boots 17 Magnetized nail polish

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/17/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted the Nails Inc version since its release so I was delighted when I spotted this at half the price! I got it in Lilac which is more dark purple than lilac! Easy to use and has 2 main advantages over other versions. It has a shaped rest on the lid so you can rest it over the polish without smudging, and also the magnet lid is detachable from the polish lid for mess free magnetizing. a great little dupe!

This nail polish is a dupe of the Nails Inc magnetic nail polish that costs 12. The 17 version only costs 5.99. It has a magnet in the lid, you rest the ridge on your finger at the base of your nail/cuticle, hold for 10/15 seconds and it drags the nail polish to create the effect. I have compared the grey Nails Inc to the grey 17 and the amount of "magnet effect" you get is the same, but the Nails Inc one definitely has a more holographic look to it whilst the 17 one is less shiny, more sand duney. However for the price difference, I don't really care, the 17 version is good enough! Also 17 comes in shades that aren't available in Nails Inc, you can get it in grey, blue, purple and green. I believe Nails Inc comes in grey, gold and one other colour. All in all, if you want to try this new craze but don't think it's worth 12, definitely pick up 17 in Boots instead.