August 31, 2014 | 1046 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Glaze Lipstick in Frou

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Annelien1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this and i'm wearing it. I told the girl at mac I wanted a frosty grey colour. She gave me this. I bought it, not knowing it's a glaze, because I dislike glaze lipsticks (frosts are my favorites). But I like it, very moisturizing and gives a frosty grey colour on my pigmented lips. I'm surprised to read all the negative reviews for this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by 1017

IMO, it is just a very outdated color...very late 90's when people were trying to leave the dark browns lippies of the early 90's behind them and went into uber frosty mode. I am sure, as with all lipsticks, someone could make this look good for a "look" they were trying to achieve. But especially on my NW20 skin this is the anti-perfect lipstick for me. Everything I hate in a lipstick...this color is: Frosty, icy, very dated...not good. Out of all the Glazes, this one is in the bottom two. If you like the Glaze finish, check out some of the other shades.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by hollydolly24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very boring colour, washes me out, makes lips look blue/grey! Also vdry drying

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an OK lipstick by MAC...Its best described as a pale, light brown with beige frost undertones. Its considered a "glaze" by MAC, however it seems more like a frost to me. I do wear it by itself at times however it usually looks best layered with other glosses and provides a great base for that purpose.
I wish I reached for it more often as I would probably re-buy if I was out of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by supersophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The only pros are pros of all the other MAC l/s... gorgeous vanilla scent, chic packaging etc...
However this is the least pigmented l/s I have ever tried! When I put it on it looks like a sprinkle of gold glitter on my lips settling into the cracks - it makes me look really washed out..
I don't really see how this would suit any skin colour! (For ref, I am NC20) It's just a "nothing" colour...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this one. im really into taupe/greyish lips with a true brown liner lately and this is such a good topping to my liplook for some extra, sexy, interesting sheen.
it's a glaze but it adds a nice silvery (not scary) shine...such an interesting pop of color.
btw, it's pronounced: FROH-OO

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Frou is not for everyone, but on the right coloring it is fabulous. I never understood the appeal of this lipstick until I saw it on someone with coloring like mine. For reference, I am LLL w/ warm undertones, dark hair, brown eyes & pigmented pink lips. When I finally tried it, I was skeptical (ugly in the tube, ugly when swatched), but when I put it on it was love! Frou tones down the pinkness of my lips and turns them a pearly light nude. I actually really like that it's not super glossy-- it makes it look more natural and last longer. It's surprisingly wearable and versatile. In fact, it's probably the best "My Lips But Better" shade I've ever tried. I can totally see now why it's part of the perm. collection, but I can also see why so many people hate it! It's one of those colors you just have to try for yourself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm surprised people don't like this more.

This is my go-to lipstick for when I want a nude that's a little bit more dressed-up and un-boring. I hope it doesn't get discontinued because while I wouldn't wear this every day, I would miss not having it.

Also, how do you pronounce "frou"? Is it like the German "Frau" (rhymes with "brow") or the French "frou-frou" (rhymes with "tutu")? If someone knows, please tell me, I'd much appreciate. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I used to wear this a lot in the 90's - so much that I bought a second tube. But I never wear it now - it is just too frosty for me, which makes my lips look dry, It also makes them sort of disappear (in the 90's I wore it with mega-liner in Spice of course!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 2:35:00 AM More reviews by svetlana89

My first MAC lipstick and I love it!

MAC describes this as a soft muted beige with silver shimmer (Glaze).

By itself, it is probably WAY too light it will wash you out no matter what your skintone.

Layered on top of something else, it is amazing!

I usually wear it on my bottom lips on top of another nude lipstick, and it makes both my lips and hazel eyes stand out. A must for any smokey eye look!

Would repurchase again!