L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Waterproof

3.8

on 7/8/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing amazing mascara!! My lashes are long but very straight. This mascara keeps them curled all day and all night. And in the rare case, I fall asleep with it on, they're still curled in the morning. My only problem is it's IMPOSSIBLE to remove

on 3/11/2015 10:00:00 AM

I've always used natural looking mascaras, this was the first time I've ever bought a mascara that would add volume or length and boy am I impressed, I love it! After reading reviews that the non-waterproof version flaked, I bought waterproof on Ebay for $5, though the normal price of $10 is certainly reasonable for this product. This stays well put throughout the day, after a 12 hour work day I have maybe one or two individual flakes that aren't even noticeable unless you're really looking.
My eyelashes are very long and thick and when I put this on it looks like I'm wearing falsies in the good way, praise the Lord! I work with it while it's wet and put on two coats, once it dries it's not as easy to work with. I absolutely adore the look, it's very 60s and doll-looking, while still being just tame enough to wear to work.
I wish the tube were more portable friendly, it's so big and long which makes it difficult to cram into my little makeup pouch (that's what she said! I'm silly...) but at least it's gold and fancy looking and very sturdy so I put in the same compartment as my pens and don't worry.

I have been using L'Oréal mascaras since middle school. I've tried other brands of drugstore mascara, but I always keep coming back. Original Waterproof Voluminous has been my go-to for years. When this one came out a few years ago, I had to try it. I've been using it non-stop ever since. My lashes are already naturally long, so this just gives that extra wow factor that I'm looking for. It makes me feel like I would never even have a need for false lashes. I always make sure to pick up the waterproof one because it doesn't flake, and holds its shape and color all day long. This is definitely for a full-makeup, glamorous look. If you want a more natural look, I would try something else. I agree with other users that the consistency is better after you break it in, but that only takes a few days. It's totally worth it!

on 12/26/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

For a long time this was my go-to mascara for my oily eyelids. I do like that this mascara lengthens and thickens (clumpy is okay with me, I have thin wispy Asian lashes). I like the brush, I find that it helps to coat the lashes better than others. The only major flaw is that throughout the day, the ends of the lashes touched my eyelid and slowly creates a black smudge on my crease. I put eyelid primer, setting spray, I am just that oily, so I saw this as something I couldn't prevent. I also find, when you first purchase the mascara, it's a bit too liquidy, I like it once the formula dries up a little.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i Had read some good reviews about this mascara online, because i have been searching for volumizing mascara for months , and i havent decided what to buy yet , then I went to Watson's and saw this it was 25percent off sale so i decided to try it...Then excitedly went home and tried this , it was epin amazing! I was stocked in the mirror silently adoring my eyelashes and was so excited to wear it in school. But then...... after hours passed by , i noticed i have dark circles below my eyessssss,.. :/ Ughhh.. many of my friends and classmates complimented my lashes buttttttt ........the PANDA EYESSSSSSSSSS is HURT

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara did not disappoint. Let me start by saying I have dark normal lashes. They aren't short or sparse so what I look for in a mascara is something that is smudge proof, mildly voluming, lengthening, and defining. This mascara delivered in all aspects. Using this mascara my lashes look even more full, long and feathery without looking clumped together and the mascara did not budge all day. It really does look like I am wearing a pair of "natural" falsies.
This mascara however does not apply like your typical mascara. The formula is rather thick and full of fibers and the brush britsler are short so my first recommendation is DO NOT rush applying this mascara. Place the wand against the base of your lashes and SLOWLY glide upward with a light hand. Applying it too quickly or with too much pressure will results in a clumpy application with too much product (fibers) sticking to the base or tips (wherever you seem to apply the most pressure). Doing this, you should only need 1-2 coats of this mascara. Beyond 2 coats this mascara starts to look clumpy but unless you want to look like Tammy Faye Baker you will probably be satisfied with two coats.
I can't really think of anything I don't like about this mascara. Formula, wand, packaging, application... love it all.

on 8/5/2014 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging is really nice but this is one of the worst mascara that I tried from L'Oreal. This mascara is only good for clumpy looking lashes and giving you panda eyes. Not recommended at all.

Cons: Make you look like a bimbo with clumpy lashes. Horrible brush.

on 7/4/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

It did hold a curl for a while. It made my lashes black. It clumped a bit. After they got all droopy, after an hour, I lightly went back in with my lash curler (don't judge me) just to give my lashes a little kick in the butt and my lashes stuck to the curler. This normally doesn't happen with any other mascaras I've tried a full hour after I applied it. Sticky mess. In with the other losers it goes.

on 6/25/2014 11:29:00 AM

I want to love this, but I'm disappointed. When my makeup is done and I'm sitting in front if the mirror, I LOVE the way this mascara looks. It really looks like falsies. But much like a fab hairdo that only looks good before you leave the house, this doesn't hold up. My lashes hold curl well, but this mascara weighs them down and droops the lashes downward. The key to applying this is not to do the "vlogger wiggle" application technique. Do not wiggle and tease the lashes. Just slowly comb the wand through the lashes in one straight smooth motion. This avoids clumping and allows the lashes to look kind of like the falsie look they intended.

on 6/18/2014 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I liked this mascara, was it awesomely amazing? No. It lengthened and thickened my lashes, and has held most of its curl all day. I didn't feeI as though it gave me enough definition on it's own. I like long, thick lashes that don't look like a spider. It is okay for me, but at the end of the day it was really dry and flaked a lot. I paired it with Clinique's High Impact mascara and it did well, but clumped my lashes easily. I will finish this, but probably won't be buying it again.