April 19, 2014 | 1708 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$8.99 USD. This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever used for me. I have short, straight, and skimpy Asian lashes so I thought this would be perfect for both volume and length. First, the wand - the brush is very very long. It's so clunky for me to use and impossible to get into the corners without smudging and getting all over my eyes. Second, the formula flaked really badly on me, and I had major raccoon eyes about half-way through the day. The volume it gives is decent, but I definitely didn't notice anything outstanding about the length. I think it's not the formula but the brush that's terrible as the brush doesn't grip my lashes well when I put it on - I feel like the wand just kind of loosely covered my lashes with clumps of the formula that later flaked out on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a nice surprise! I've been on a mascara quest for several months now. Tried lots of DS mascaras, learned that I'm a total klutz with the newer plastic bristles--and that they hurt, I might have vowed to overcome the klutziness for an otherwise wonderful mascara, but it wasn't happening. Loved NYX Propel My Eyes, but it isn't waterproof, so ran even with a serious yawn. Tried some WP and got this sort of microsmudge and microflake in a couple that were really nice otherwise. But this! Oh my. Longer and thicker than any of the more HE ones I've used. No smudging, flaking at all. And--not only does it hold a curl, on my lashes it actually creates the curl! Not only that, but it feels soft and comes off easily with cold cream. I am crossing my fingers that Raving about it doesn't jinx it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Uggghh...I went back and forth about this mascara for months. I am a mascara junkie and having used SO many drugstore brands, I desperately tried to love this.

MY LASHES: Stick straight, sparse, short, VERY resistant to curling

FORMULA: Very wet at first which made this a huge no-go initially. It used to take forever to dry. I kept using it and as it dried out, the better results I got.

LASH EFFECT: As the formula dried out this gave me AMAZING lashes. They were long and voluminous to the point that they touched my eyebrows. The look was dramatic and perfect for smokey eyes, almost like falsies.

CURL: Held my curl all day - my lashes didn't droop even a bit.

LONGEVITY: Alas, the deal breaker that broke my mascara-addict heart. While this held the glamorous "look" of my lashes all day, it tragically smudged to my lower lash line within hours of wear. I changed up my liner on both top, bottom, and waterline as I was desperately hoping it was not the mascara. Finally as I wore it on its own it revealed itself as the culprit. To add insult to injury, despite it smudging it is IMPOSSIBLE to remove. I have to put this through two rounds of oil-cleansing with olive oil to get *most* of it off (not all - I still wake up with black smudges the next day). I will commend this mascara for not flaking off at all, especially because most fiber mascaras tend to do so for me.

As a side note, I will add that my eyes "bag up" underneath my eyes when I smile so I am positive this contributes to the smudging problem. If your eye shape is not like this, I am sure you will have better results. A shame this did not hold up better as it was THIS close to being HG. Alas, the journey continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by kayleigh83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just bought this mascara and am using it today. I am loving it so far! I have had it on for the past 6 hours and have had no smudging, or flaking which I was concerned about as I had heard this mascara does in the non-waterproof formula. But no such issue with the waterproof, not a single flake!

It really gives a long, lush appearance to my lashes - I find it very noticeable enhances both length and volume, and maintains my curl which is very important as the majority of mascaras I have tried pull all the curl right out of my lashes.

I waited about 4-5 hours and it still looked very good, like I had just applied, it wasn't fading off or anything. I tested to see how adding another coat at this point on top of hours old dried mascara would look, and it still layered on beautifully, no issues at all.

All in all I think this is a new favourite!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by drmngangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Shiseido discontinued a waterproof mascara that I was devoted to for some time, and after searching for a replacement, this seemed like the best option. I tried higher end brands like Dior, but L'Oreals was the best price and product for me.

I prefer waterproof because it prevents raccoon eyes best for me. This one does the trick. It maintains my curl while lengthening and thickening (after two coats). This doesn't flake or smear. It doesn't create spidery lashes with multiple coats, and I don't use a lash comb much.

I usually apply three coats to get the desired length. I won't say that it's as great as false lashes, but its close enough to add drama as though your lashes were naturally long and thick. I don't go for the clubbed-out look during the day, so this is perfect to make my eyes pop and define them.

It's price friendly, and after shelling out so much for designer mascaras this is definitely worth trying out for a daily use. I've continued using this mascara for over a couple of years now, and while it's not the holy grail, which I am starting to wonder if it really exists, this works perfectly well for everyday length and volume without the fuss or hassle. Easy to remove, too.

Also, if I want fat false lashes, I use this and layer on two coats of Maybelline Volum' Express Mega Plush Washable Mascara, Blackest Black.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by jgamble0007

I have tried many different drug store mascaras (within the last year), the regular voluminous millions, CG lash blast, revlon lash potion to name a few. This one takes the cake, it's waterproof, doesn't flake and most importantly makes my lashes actually look longer. I have been asked before if my lashes were really, or if I was wearing false lashes by different people. Hands down my favorite mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by fourfootnine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this mascara! I'm Asian, so I have the unfortunate thin, stick straight lashes that tend to point downward and they're somewhat sparse. Luckily, I do have some length to mine. Anyway, once I put a single coat of this on, you can actually SEE my lashes. One or two coats is enough to see an effect, although I like to add a few more because I like the dramatic look. Works WAY better than my Diorshow mascara, and at a much friendlier price! I'd definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by acalab2781

Two or three coats makes me look like I'm wearing false eyelashes, but it doesn't flake or smudge. It's waterproof and doesn't move until I take it off with some remover. I will repurchase it again

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this stuff. Mine dried out too quickly which sucks when your cheap like me but I decided since I hadn't been using it that long I knew it had more in there so I added a drop or 2 of vitamin e oil and castor oil to my tube. It wanted to clump together at first but a little pumping and a little twisting (that sounds dirty sorry) I got it all incorporated and this stuff is better than ever! Now it does effect the waterproof aspect a little but I was crying the other day with it on and it only smudged a little mostly under my bottom lashes. I like it better now b/c I don't have crunchy lashes anymore but still have some waterproof protection. This mascara really pumps up the volume and makes my eyes pop without having to put on any other makeup. I still need a lash separating comb especially since I tinkered with the formula but I can live with that. Everyone should try this with their mascara if it dries out and when I really do run out I may put in a little more castor oil and vitamin as a night time lash treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by enchantedlullaby87

Awesome mascara! I was a fan of MUFE smoky lash but at nearly 30 dollars I was looking for something more affordable. This mascara is everything I was looking for. My lashes are naturally full. This mascara gives me more volume and length. Most importantly for me, it does not smear on my oily eye lids. I got this for around 7 dollars and it is just as good as my MUFE smoky lash.