October 20, 2014 | 1135 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Kumainu

The packaging is really nice but this is one of the worst mascara that I tried from L'Oreal. This mascara is only good for clumpy looking lashes and giving you panda eyes. Not recommended at all.

Cons: Make you look like a bimbo with clumpy lashes. Horrible brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It did hold a curl for a while. It made my lashes black. It clumped a bit. After they got all droopy, after an hour, I lightly went back in with my lash curler (don't judge me) just to give my lashes a little kick in the butt and my lashes stuck to the curler. This normally doesn't happen with any other mascaras I've tried a full hour after I applied it. Sticky mess. In with the other losers it goes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by KathieL

I want to love this, but I'm disappointed. When my makeup is done and I'm sitting in front if the mirror, I LOVE the way this mascara looks. It really looks like falsies. But much like a fab hairdo that only looks good before you leave the house, this doesn't hold up. My lashes hold curl well, but this mascara weighs them down and droops the lashes downward. The key to applying this is not to do the "vlogger wiggle" application technique. Do not wiggle and tease the lashes. Just slowly comb the wand through the lashes in one straight smooth motion. This avoids clumping and allows the lashes to look kind of like the falsie look they intended.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked this mascara, was it awesomely amazing? No. It lengthened and thickened my lashes, and has held most of its curl all day. I didn't feeI as though it gave me enough definition on it's own. I like long, thick lashes that don't look like a spider. It is okay for me, but at the end of the day it was really dry and flaked a lot. I paired it with Clinique's High Impact mascara and it did well, but clumped my lashes easily. I will finish this, but probably won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I love this mascara! I have very pale, thin lashes that are about average length and I have to wear waterproof due to teary eyes and oily lids. This is the first waterproof mascara I've used that doesn't transfer, smudge or flake. It makes my skimpy lashes full and long without clumping.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Lemondr0p

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

L'Oreal makes some of my favorite mascaras, so I was really disappointed when I tried this one and it was not up to the usual standards. I hate it when companies think flashy and funky packaging will make up for a lackluster product. The bottle is uncomfortable and the brush is extremely awkward and makes it difficult to apply. The brush/applicator is a little over an inch long, straight, and has short bristles. The formula came out clumpy when applying but did it's job staying waterproof. I wouldn't buy this again, especially when there are a gazillion other (better) mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Arlene619

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! It adds volume and length to my lashes. I love the waterproof formula. I have been using this mascara for over a year.. I'm the type that is always on the hunt for better mascara. lol. I'm hard to please. I've tried benefits they're real.. it is pretty good. But for me, it doesn't hold a curl. urban decays cannonball is awesome. Quite compareble to loreal false fiber mascara, but not as much volume. Ysl babydoll is a definite close 2nd to this mascara, it would be better if it came in a waterproof formula... With that said. I always end up coming back to the loreal mascara. It's wonderul, waterproof, holds my curl allll day, and a definite steal for $9 usd

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$8.99 USD. This is one of the worst mascaras I've ever used for me. I have short, straight, and skimpy Asian lashes so I thought this would be perfect for both volume and length. First, the wand - the brush is very very long. It's so clunky for me to use and impossible to get into the corners without smudging and getting all over my eyes. Second, the formula flaked really badly on me, and I had major raccoon eyes about half-way through the day. The volume it gives is decent, but I definitely didn't notice anything outstanding about the length. I think it's not the formula but the brush that's terrible as the brush doesn't grip my lashes well when I put it on - I feel like the wand just kind of loosely covered my lashes with clumps of the formula that later flaked out on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by rav2b

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a nice surprise! I've been on a mascara quest for several months now. Tried lots of DS mascaras, learned that I'm a total klutz with the newer plastic bristles--and that they hurt, I might have vowed to overcome the klutziness for an otherwise wonderful mascara, but it wasn't happening. Loved NYX Propel My Eyes, but it isn't waterproof, so ran even with a serious yawn. Tried some WP and got this sort of microsmudge and microflake in a couple that were really nice otherwise. But this! Oh my. Longer and thicker than any of the more HE ones I've used. No smudging, flaking at all. And--not only does it hold a curl, on my lashes it actually creates the curl! Not only that, but it feels soft and comes off easily with cold cream. I am crossing my fingers that Raving about it doesn't jinx it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Uggghh...I went back and forth about this mascara for months. I am a mascara junkie and having used SO many drugstore brands, I desperately tried to love this.

MY LASHES: Stick straight, sparse, short, VERY resistant to curling

FORMULA: Very wet at first which made this a huge no-go initially. It used to take forever to dry. I kept using it and as it dried out, the better results I got.

LASH EFFECT: As the formula dried out this gave me AMAZING lashes. They were long and voluminous to the point that they touched my eyebrows. The look was dramatic and perfect for smokey eyes, almost like falsies.

CURL: Held my curl all day - my lashes didn't droop even a bit.

LONGEVITY: Alas, the deal breaker that broke my mascara-addict heart. While this held the glamorous "look" of my lashes all day, it tragically smudged to my lower lash line within hours of wear. I changed up my liner on both top, bottom, and waterline as I was desperately hoping it was not the mascara. Finally as I wore it on its own it revealed itself as the culprit. To add insult to injury, despite it smudging it is IMPOSSIBLE to remove. I have to put this through two rounds of oil-cleansing with olive oil to get *most* of it off (not all - I still wake up with black smudges the next day). I will commend this mascara for not flaking off at all, especially because most fiber mascaras tend to do so for me.

As a side note, I will add that my eyes "bag up" underneath my eyes when I smile so I am positive this contributes to the smudging problem. If your eye shape is not like this, I am sure you will have better results. A shame this did not hold up better as it was THIS close to being HG. Alas, the journey continues...