Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System

3.8

on 4/5/2015 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I used this in the past and was not blown away with any results.
I find that exfoliating my skin with a scrub either weekly or every other night works the same.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Love it!!! I use it once a week when I just can't figure out what else to do with my skin lol. But seriously it is a recommended addition to your beauty routine. Smoother and softer skin! And it helps to soothe and get rid of acne! (Use it right before bedtime :) I love it!)

on 8/16/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

6 months ago I bought Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System for about $20.00 Wow,
the results are amazing. I am 59 years old and my skin is like butter. I use Roc Retinol
at night, AHA from Walgreen in the day under my make-up ( along with Vit C Serum) and this Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System
twice a week. I use it on high for 7 minutes. You get used to it. The first 2 months were hell. My skin was red and broke
out a bit from it. Why I stuck with it I’m not sure but boy am I glad I did. WRINKLES DISAPPEAR...I look in the mirror at my skin and just whisper
“Miracle”. I’m too poor for plastic surgery...but this is working for me. On the days I use this kit I do not use AHA. It stings too much.
I used to have to wait a day to look great after I used the kit...but now same day is cool. I am so bright! I love the product. I re-use pads one time and then throw away,
so the refill pads lasts me forever. I will never give this product up.

This is probably a hit and miss.

Got this on sale for $24 at Shoppers Drug mart, I am aware that you are only suppose to exfoliate your face once or twice a week.

Whenever I use it, it feels so good, like a gentle yet thorough massage on the face. After I finish, I look all squeaky clean, it also feels a bit tight but in a good way. However, the following day I notice that my face becomes flaky and red blotches start to come out and it stays for a week. It literally looks like over exfoliated skin from doing it everyday for weeks.

I think the pad or the formula in it is too harsh.

on 5/22/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a great little at home microdermabrasion system. I pad about $20.00 dollars for my system and the refill pads are affordable. It's easy to use. Simply attach a pad to the machine, wet your face, and gently let the machine buff your face. I don't use mine all the time, because I have very sensitive skin. I use it more as a boost once in a while to get rid of the dead skin. It leaves your skin feeling super smooth.

Edit: I've discovered the more I use this, the more I have to use it. I'm starting to believe the philosophy that exfoliating creates micro-calluses that cause you to have to exfoliate even more. Gently cleansing with a cleansing cloth or wash cloth will remove any dead cells that are ready to come off. If you're use to heavy exfoliation, it will take a little while for your skin to normalize, but eventually it will get back to normal.

on 4/26/2014 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this after a friend recommended it. I have to say that I love this! I would rather the pads not include any kind of cleanser due to the fact that I use my own and I don't know what's in them! I use it with my neutrogena naturals face and body bar , and only use this twice a week because I'm 18 and because things like this can irritate and overwhelm skin if used too often. It gives my skin a glow and I have noticed it taking out pimples right upon use ! I only use the low setting because the pads are abrasive and I don't want to scratch up my face. Overall I'm very happy with this product. (Also, they say to use a fresh pad every time but I feel like id rather keep the same one for a few uses so the cleanser inside it goes away.. At least that's how I've been doing it)

on 4/25/2014 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wanted to LOVE this Neutrogena Microdermabrasion Kit and for the first few uses- I did. Until I noticed clogged pores, white heads, and cystic like bumps forming on my cheeks, jaw, and the sides of my nostrils. This kit was the ONLY thing I added to my regimen – and I believe the Sodium Laureth Sulfate and the Citric Acid in the pads are what caused this reaction with my skin.

I have acne-prone skin that tends to be oily and can be sensitive when it wants to be bratty. So, perhaps you’re thinking: “You had no business using a product like this anyway.” But who can blame a girl, whom is in love with skincare, for trying a microdermabrasion kit; especially after reading and viewing the beneficial effects of it. So, for $19 I tried it. I used it PROPERLY (the suggested time/using a fresh puff every use). I experienced it. And the result was the massacre I described in the paragraph above. To remedy this HORRIFIC breakout I went off the rails crazy; trying this mask, that wash, this acne kit, that amazing acne clearing scrub, oh-yes the wonderful home remedies. The stress, constant change of products and roughness with my skin resulted in the same clogged catastrophe but now I have discoloration due to being lightly burned by the acne kit (*whispers*AcneFree 24 Hr Clearing System) I used. After calming myself and creating and consistently using a regimen that works efficiently for my skin(and halting use of this product) my skin is 100% clear of any pimple, cyst, or clogged pore and the discoloration/marks are almost all faded (the few that are left are red marks).

Despite the aforementioned, the product is very professional for $19- the hand held device, the 12 coarse rejuvenating puffs housed in their clear container and its overall appearance is clean and approachable. It’s very easy-to-use and the instructions are straightforward. Also, the head creates a vibration rather than a spinning motion.

I can totally rock with Neutrogena- but, unfortunately, this didn’t work for me.

on 3/27/2014 2:00:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've been using this product for over 3 weeks now, twice a week. So far im loving the result, it brightens my face a bit and my skin feels really soft and clean after every use. I notice it gives my face a glowing effect as well! Sometimes i even use this to my Underarms (im not sure if this is recommended or not :/ ) and it left my underarms smooth and i loved it!

The only problem is that my skin gets oily the day after usage (i have a dry-combination skin) im not sure why, so my make up tends to be cakey a bit. But it goes normal again in the day after. Other than that, i think this is a great product i would definitely continue using this.

on 2/24/2014 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is fantastic. I can't say how much I love this product. My skin felt totally smooth and soft after just one use, and my moisturizers are much more effective with it. I am so happy that Neutrogena formulated a decently-priced version of the Clarisonic face brushes (those prices just feel like highway robbery). I'm so happy with the Neutrogena version that I don't have a reason to try anything else.

on 7/19/2013 4:44:00 AM

so I bought this to go with all of neutrogena s retinal cream and dark spot removal products as I still suffer from acne as an adult and scarring. worked great the first 2 times. .then it tore my skin up good. I didn't do anything differently I spaced my uses of this gy 3or 4 days. so I went down to once a week. makes my skin feel great and look good but the results do not last long term and I have been using this over a month.

Popular Face Skincare Products