April 19, 2014 | 1811 users online

Skincare - Face - Neutrogena - Microdermabrasion System

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by chikanoka26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for over 3 weeks now, twice a week. So far im loving the result, it brightens my face a bit and my skin feels really soft and clean after every use. I notice it gives my face a glowing effect as well! Sometimes i even use this to my Underarms (im not sure if this is recommended or not :/ ) and it left my underarms smooth and i loved it!

The only problem is that my skin gets oily the day after usage (i have a dry-combination skin) im not sure why, so my make up tends to be cakey a bit. But it goes normal again in the day after. Other than that, i think this is a great product i would definitely continue using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by makeupavatar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is fantastic. I can't say how much I love this product. My skin felt totally smooth and soft after just one use, and my moisturizers are much more effective with it. I am so happy that Neutrogena formulated a decently-priced version of the Clarisonic face brushes (those prices just feel like highway robbery). I'm so happy with the Neutrogena version that I don't have a reason to try anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by alea0705

so I bought this to go with all of neutrogena s retinal cream and dark spot removal products as I still suffer from acne as an adult and scarring. worked great the first 2 times. .then it tore my skin up good. I didn't do anything differently I spaced my uses of this gy 3or 4 days. so I went down to once a week. makes my skin feel great and look good but the results do not last long term and I have been using this over a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Mimi7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product! I'm always skeptical of cheaper alternatives to expensive treatments but I think this one is great. I paid $20 for the brush and 3 refills (2 came free, it was a holiday set) so not a bad deal at all. You attach the puff, blue side up, to the head and massage it over your face for a few minutes; the box suggests 2-3 minutes or so for each section of your face. It does feel a little rough but you get used to it. There's two settings, low and high, and I use the low for each section then go over my whole face with the high setting for a minute then I rinse my face with cold water, as it feels really soothing and cooling after the rough pad. I use it about 2 times per week with at least 3 days in between as it's way too harsh to use every day. You really do see instant results; my face looks super clean and bright. It helps a lot with my post-acne pigmentation and flattening older bumps that just don't wanna go down. I would NOT recommend going over your active pimples with this because it'll pop and irritate it more so if you have severe acne or have a lot of active pimples at one time I wouldn't recommend this. I've never gotten real microderm so I can't say how it compares to that but I really like this and will continue to use it often! OH and you can totally use the puff twice (the third time the puff doesn't feel rough anymore so two is the most you can really get out of it), just make sure you run hot water over it to kills germs before using it the second time. I also recommend removing all your make up before using, I feel like this will just push it deeper in your pores rather than getting it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by kmg85

I have been using this system for 2 weeks now (3 times a week). I was skeptical when buying it, because most drugstore quality products do nothing for my skin, or they make it worse.
Anyways, my skin was feeling rather dull and I didn't have the money for microdermabrasion at a spa, so I decided to try this.

My first impression of the product was that it felt good on the face but only on the low setting...the high setting felt a little too harsh for me.
The discs are pretty scented, so I wasn't sure if this was going to irritate my skin or not. I have mild hormonal acne around the chin and jawline (currently no active pimples, but alot of scarring).

So far, this has not helped much with fading my scarring, but it has definitely made my skin super smoothe and soft. My makeup goes on much better and the oily spots on my face seem to be a little more tame. SO FAR I am giving this product a 4 out of 5 because I am seeing some positive results. Will keep you updated! :)

Also...it says to replace the disc each time (personally I think this is a waste! I get 2 uses out of one disc...but I also remove all of my makeup before using the system as well)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by movinon2013

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! Have been using it for a few months now and have no complaints. The first time I used it, my skin instantly looked brighter and fresh. No joke, I looked like I did in high school! Great product at a fair price! I need to go and get more refill pads.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by kptgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product! I've always been a diehard Clinique 3-Step and 7 Day Scrub fan, and I still love them, but THIS THING really sends those dead skin cells packing! I followed up with my Clinique Turnaround Concentrate, All About Eyes and my Dramatically Different lotion. My skin is dreamy!

For those who have had to endure the horrible "pleasure" of surgical menopause, you know how quickly your skin changes. This is an excellent product to add to your routine!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by lollylilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this after they discontinued the old Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System (which I actually preferred to this one - it was a miracle worker). This winter my skin has been quite dry and flaky, a problem I've never really had to deal with before. This does a great job making it smooth and getting rid of all flakes and buildup. I think it makes my pores look slightly smaller but it's probably imperceptible to anyone but me. My favorite thing about it is that it really helps speed up the healing of red marks after a breakout, which I also haven't had to deal with in a long time (dry skin + breakouts = skin hell this winter). Usually those pesky red marks linger for months on my skin but if I use this in conjunction with chemical exfoliating masks the process is much faster. I wish the pads for this were a bit cheaper but I suppose they're not too outrageous. This is definitely a new weekly staple in my beauty routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by miss_beee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was thinking about how gross my skin had been getting and decided it was time to spend the money and get a facial, maybe some botox or professional microdermabrasion. My skin was dull and just seemed dirty and these lines were popping up around my eyes at an alarming rate. I walked by this at target and decided to do a quick google search on the reviews ($20 is a lot to spend on something that I'm gonna hate) and it seemed decent enough to give it a try.
My pores are pretty big and my skin pretty dry,I don't usually break out but I get these weird almost deposits under my skin that I have to pop and play around with for a few weeks to get it and I've had these huge black heads on my nose since I can remember and they've NEVER gone away. I'm talking about using retin-a, and salicylic acid and scrubs and extractions. They're just black. ALL THE TIME. I also have tiny milia around my eyes which I sometimes pop with a needle (bad i know) so I decided to give this a go and used it for about 6 minutes on the highest speed around my face. I walked out of the bathroom and everyone asked what I had done, my face was glowing and clean and I felt like I lost 10 pounds.
The next day I woke up with about 6 or 7 huge zits on my face and some roughness around my eyes, almost like a rug burn because I had over done it and all of a sudden I realized this miracle product wasn't a great miracle after all. I examined my face becauze I am a picker, and realized these pimples were the spots where I've felt something brewing for the last couple months.So of course I popped them and went on with my day. I waited 4 or 5 days and did it again on the low speed for about 3 minutes, next day two more pimples so I popped those...Long story short its been about 2 weeks and now I dont break out after I use it and my skin is awesome. So awesome I feel like I can postpone all the botox and professional microdermabrasion for a bit.
Basically if you have under the skin pimples like me I think it just brings them up which is what I believe causes some people to break out. I do it every 3 days in the shower and my blackheads are gone and my skin is glowing...only downside is that I need to invest in a thicker moisturizer because it does dry my skin out

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by blushbye

I got it on sale today and just used it and the effect is immediate and very noticeable. My skin is smooth and glowing, my pores are smaller, it's amazing. I wouldn't have bought it at the regular price, so I'm feeling very lucky right now. I don't see myself using it every night, I think it would dry out my skin, but every two to three days is going to do wonders for my face.

I have normal skin to oily skin, with some barely noticeable melasma, and even the melasma seems better right now.

The one drawback is that you have to keep buying pad refills, which is going to be a little expensive, but I think it's worth it.

Update March 2013: I use it about once a week, sometimes twice a week, on my face, my neck, my chest area and even my lower legs (change the pad for my legs), it's a great exfoliation for all skin areas. Still works wonders and in combination with Retin A twice a week, and bio oil twice a day, my skin looks ten years younger.