January 26, 2015 | 1974 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Danielle312

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know I am tardy to the party on this review, but this product is still going strong as the day it came out...so, I'm sure nobody cares! Hahaha!!! They have an array of beautiful colors. The packaging is very pretty to look at as well. Until this product came out I tended to avoid lipstick. I had a few choice colors I would wear, but that was it. The way it is formulated gave me the guts to experiment with many colors. It goes on with a sheer layer of color that is very buildable. It is nothing like traditional colored glosses or balms due to the level of rich pigmentation. The better term for it would be a sheer lipstick, if anything. It is the perfect beginners lipstick in my opinion, either in general or as a sort of first step towards becoming comfortable with wearing reds, orange/coral, or vibrant pinks.

The down side to a lot of lipsticks is that they do not perform that well. They are drying, powdery, or settle into the creases of the lips. This is a brand that has that already covered. These provide a good amount of moisture and are not greasy or sticky. You will never have to apply lip balm first before wearing. Depending on the shade though, you may need to use a lip liner to keep the color neat looking. Some colors can be a little too buttery.
The downside to them is that they have a short wear time....maybe 2-3 hours. The color will be visible, but the vibrancy and shine will be muted out. They reapply very nicely and do not cake up on the lips. Some shades have shimmer in them while others do not. The shades Peach Parfait and Berry Smoothie have shimmer in them and feel slightly gritty. This is only after they start to dry and fade after eating/drinking or hours passing. The colors are gorgeous, so it is forgivable.

I think that this brand should come with a disclaimer that once you buy one, you will become addicted. Everyone I know who has tried a couple at first, has almost the entire collection. I am included... I am at fourteen and counting. There are a lot of colors to choose from. It goes from a variety of neutrals to bold colors. The interesting thing is that the colors tend to fit everyone's skin tone differently and yet make it a suitable shade for them to wear. They are kind of inexpensive and tend to go on sale a lot, so you can try a few shades you like without going broke. I hope they continue to add more shades to this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 10:27:00 AM More reviews by princessho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like these!! I got my first one last week after seeing a cute display at Ulta and I really like both the pigmentation and how moisturizing it is. My lips dry out easily but not with this, and the pink shade of the one I got is lovely. I wish the packaging was better (cap is a little hard to get on and off) but that's okay

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2015 10:07:00 PM More reviews by teenadearr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I own maybe seven of these lippies! My favorite two are Red Velvet and Creme Brulee. Red Velvet is my go-to shade, and it doesn't look too dark on my skin. I find that I don't need to swipe the lip butter. I dab gently with Red Velvet because the pigmentation is great! I get many compliments on this one!

Creme Brulee is the one I use when I feel like a more natural look. However, I find that I often have to swipe my lips multiple times if I want the nude to really show through, so I use more product with this one. Even so, I can't see myself running out of this lipbutter!

The lip butters glide on and feel more like lip balm than lipstick. They don't last very long on the lips, and I find myself reapplying throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 7:44:00 PM More reviews by clairesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

this is my go-to lipstick. i have many shades of the lip butters, as they have so many gorgeous colors. the texture of the bullet can vary depending on the shade--some of the shimmery shades have a kind of grainy bullet rather than creamy like the "matte" shades. this applies easily (i sometimes prefer to use a brush on the more pigmented colors) and feels nice on the lips; it's moisturizing, not drying or sticky. only 4 stars because it doesn't last very long--i find myself constantly re-applying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by 4Everlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own one of each color. I really love these lip balms. They're super moisturizing, long-lasting, scentless, and the colors are gorgeous. You can use them alone, with a gloss on top or over lipstick. Great variety of colors to chose from. Cute packaging. Very affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by xxmizzle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I heard such good things about these. People say that it's super moisturizing and it is. I have super dry lips, it hurts when I kind of peck my lips together. I applied the product and the pain got away, even if it took a little bit of time, but it's interesting since it is not really a lip balm. It's like a mix of a balm and a lipstick. the color is a little bit sheer for a lipstick, I got mine in crème brûlée and my lips are a dark pink, and it's a brown nude. You could see the colour, but not that much. It costs I think 8$ at walmart, and I think it's expansive for something that isn't really a lipstick, but revlon is more expansive than maybelline or rimmel. The packaging is ok, it's cute, and i habe no problem with it. So, it's really moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous shades, some really original ( there is NOtHING like candied apple, a neutral/ warm/ orangey/ red out there, nothing!), they apply well. Staying power is not so good, and they're not as moisturising as their name would suggest, but they're tremendous value for money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by cRod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Must reapply often. Lips felt dry after wearing product for a few days. Product is very creamy and can break easily. Will not re-purchase. ...may actually just toss them before using them again...sigh

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Celinaadb

Really love this product. I have Sweet Tart, and i like that you can built up the color. It's not really moisturizing, but i find it moisturized enough, tho. The package is super cute ! Would definitely purchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I wish I could give 3.5 stars on this product.
It's very smooth and hydrated but not pigmented enough in my opinion, but I know that depends on the colour and I had gotten this lipstick in the colour Sweet Tart. It's more of a sheer, glossy finish than what I normally expect from lipsticks - which is a thick bright finish.