November 25, 2014 | 1792 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - Witches Brew

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For years I was afraid of the patchouli in this scent but I brought two tarts yesterday and melted one and was hooked. As a matter of fact one whole tart is too much you only need half due to the strength of this scent. It's very deep and pungent and perfect for fall and Halloween. It's not all patchouli it has another note but the patch is the stronger. The scent lasts for two days in my Scentsy warmer. For the record it doesn't smell like Yankees patchouli

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by ariraven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Reminds me of sandalwood and patchouli smells wonderful

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I absolutely LOVE this candle. My grandma surprised me with this candle when I went to visit her around Halloween. She knows I love Halloween, horror, and old Gothic things, so she thought I'd like this candle. I'm so glad I received this as a gift, because I think if I smelled this in-store, I would probably pass it by. On first sniff, this is a very earthy, herbal scent. But the more you smell it, the more complex you realize it is. Witches' Brew is a really unique scent that is perfect for Halloween.
The main note in this candle is patchouli, which I normally hate with a passion. Witches' Brew is one of the few times where I feel patchouli is done right. It's mixed with some spicy clove scents and just the right amount of vanilla to make this smell sweet, rather than too cloying and earthy. Even though I got this candle like 5 months ago, I just started burning it recently and I'm totally addicted. I have this in the medium jar size (burn time 65-90 hours) and I burn this in my room. The scent completely fills my room and if I leave my door open, I can smell this throughout my apartment. The smell is so warm and spicy but very comforting and inviting at the same time.
I'm so happy I tried out this candle. This is a limited-edition candle that only comes out around Halloween, and it sells out FAST. I received this in early October and once I realized how much I love the scent, I went to 3 different Yankee stores and online, and Witches' Brew was totally sold out in every form already. I'm already waiting until October to buy several more candles in this scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Typically, I don't like patchouli scented body care/perfume items. I bought this simply because it was black and called witches brew and it's Halloween!

This is earthy, mossy and yet has a hint of spicy sweetness. the other review for this product nailed it..it is very perfect for fall and it's not what you imagine when you think of patchouli!! This is less 60's hippie and more sexy witch-y!!

I find that the tarts and tea lights give off a stronger scent than the ar candles.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 7:06:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WItches Brew is scented around patchouli, which would normally scare me off - I don't like patchouli in perfumes or body products as it has a strong scent that can feel suffocating to me, not to mention that it can give me migraines. But I've now found that when the patchouli is not in contact with my skin I actually like the earthy/sweet contrasts to it.

The fragrance is best described as smelling like damp soil, with a undertone that has a kind of organic spicy/sweetness to it. The spicy tang reminds me of cloves, or aniseed. I can't pinpoint the sweeter notes, but overall the results smell vaguely like cola to me. These above notes combine to create a darker incense note, with the smokiness of burnt wood underneath everything else. This is the perfect fragrance for Halloween; the perfume conjures up the image of a freshly dug grave, with the perfume from nearby funeral wreaths and smoke from bonfires lingering in the air.

As with all Yankee candles, the entirety of the wax is perfumed; I've used some candles where the fragrance burns up before the candle does, but that is not the case here. The fragrance lasts as long as the candle does and is strong enough to travel over the house. I even catch occasional wafts of the perfume whilst the candle is unlit.

WITCHES BREW was originally released under the name Purr-Chouli and, as the name suggests, the wax used to be black like the traditional witches cat, rather than the dark purple colour the wax has had for the past few years. So if you should come across a site offering the discontinued Purr-Chouli candle at an inflated price, there's simply no need to part with your cash.