December 19, 2014 | 841 users online

Polishes - Essie - Carry On

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Love this brownish plum color but wish it applied more like OPI. This is a bit runny and yes I agree it needs a wider brush!!! However, I would buy it again just because I love the color. Nice to have a super dark color that that does not look black. To get the color in the bottle you do only 2 coats because if you do a third it turns very very dark but still pretty.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

My review seems consistent with the other reviews here. Great concept for color, but because of the streaky formula, and requiring too many coats, which means much darker color pay off when it dries. Womp womp.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by debaser94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous, quite nuanced brownish plum shade that's perfect for Autumn/Winter. However, the formula and the brush are quite thin which can make the application difficult: a fair few coats are needed to get an opaque colour. Like every Essie polish I've tried, it's got a chipping problem (sigh), even with my best top coats. It's got a 4 mainly because the shade is just so lovely and in the time before it chips it looks wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by MariahB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Essie: Carry On #388

Amazing shade. It's a nice rich plum (almost black). It is a very sultry colour, it's a little too dark for spring (however, it's not quite spring yet!). This colour goes on excellent (as do all Essie polishes). To get the full intensity of this colour, two coats are definitely needed (sometimes for some shades, I can get away with one).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a dark, brownish-plum color perfect for Fall and Winter. I wanted to have a dark color for the season just to see if I could pull it off and I was not disappointed. This is a bold color to use so beware. If you are into neutrals or the "barely there" look, this might not be for you then because this nail polish is SO dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by loopymonkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this difficult to apply, its a thin brush and a thin formula, I need three coats, two would have done but brush strokes were visible. This is the only Essie polish that Ive not been happy with and I have about 5/6. I wouldnt repurchase this colour again because I like my polish application to be as simple as possible, but I do like the colour and will continue to use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by xwhereswaldo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the polishes I have been complimented on (from a guy too)!

I really like the colour of this, dark maroony purple colour with no shimmer.
Perfect for the cooler times of the year (Fall/Winter). The consistency is a bit thin for my liking but that's just seems to be Essie in general, it doesn't pose a problem. Wear time/chipping is pretty good with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict76

LOVE the color, dark plummy brown color, perfect for fall but w/two coats and SV, only lasted few days on my nails.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color. It's a plum/raisin dusty color. Very dark and in dim light it can be mistaken for more of a black color but in any light it is amazing. I have a warm skintone and some purples are too cool. This one is an easy wear for me. It is vampy with a capital V. I had no issue with formula in bottle I purchased. In fact, one coat was fine for coverage. I only wear a mani for about 3 days anyway and then I change out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

This is the kind of color I love! The application was very easy & 2 coats where all it took. No streaks wich kind of surprised me. I use Bordeaux before (also from Essie) & it was very hard to apply. A beautiful dark purple, I would probably purshase again if it ever became part of the regular collection. True, it is a color that is fairely easy to find with other companies.