October 30, 2014 | 1680 users online

Hair Treatments - Kevin Murphy - Young.Again Immortelle Treatment Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by bebikayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is comparable to a drug store serum. Doesn't even have a nice smell anyway. Way too pricey too. Doesn't moisturize my hair at all either. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loooove this. I have fine hair and this doesn't weigh down yet gives smoothness and manageability. A+

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A hairdresser girlfriend recommended Kevin Murphy and Young.Again to me. Since she bought it for me from her salon, I didn't have to pay a lot for it - $10 CAD for 100 mL. I like that Kevin Murphy is all about natural products with natural ingredients. This treatment is full of natural fruit and vegetable oils. It also smells amazing!!! I have double-processed bleached blonde hair, and this serum really does wonders for my hair. It makes my hair really soft, less frizzy, and a bit shinier too. It also doesn't travel up the shafts and make the roots oily the next day. I have waist-length hair and needs at least three pumps of products to cover all of my ends. I have been using the same bottle regularly for over a year now, and it's still half full.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

Overall this is a GOOD serum. Not great, not awful, but good.

I was intrigued to give it a try though I wasn't so sure I was willing to shell out $39 for it especially after reading a number of lukewarm reviews for it. Then I lucked into finding a sample sachet of it!

First off I was surprised by it's consistency. As it is described on the package as an 'oil' I was expecting something a little more runny but it's very thick, almost a syrup like texture. For me this proved to be a positive as my hair is so frizz and pouf prone that the only products which work for me are products with a thicker and heavier consistency. Also it has a pleasant scent, very light and fresh.

I massaged about a dime size dallop into my hair, let it sink in for about 10 min and then blow dried it straight as that is my preferred style. I was pretty impressed with how smooth and soft my hair felt overall, though my ends still looked a bit fuzzy die to some damage and split ends I've gotten after highlighting consistently over the past 2 years.

After a few more uses I was pretty happy with the results I was getting, then a humid day hit and even after using this serum my hair puffed into a giant frizz ball the minute I stepped outside.

So as I said its a serum which will give GOOD results, yet can't stand up to a humid day test. For that reason I'm not convinced it's worth the high price tag as there are drugstore products out there which cost about 75% less and have kept my hair tame even through humidity. My advice to anyone wanting to try this is to get a sample size first!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried lots of high end hair serums (Chi, Loma Pearatin, Paul Brown Diamond Head, Pure Argan Oil, L'Anza Neem Oil) and some mid level ones (Miracle 7, DHC Hair Serum, etc) and was always looking for one that actually did something amazing. Unfortunately, despite the fact I love the KM Angel Rinse and Hydrate Me Wash, the KM Young Again serum is a big zero. Wish it cost that.

Just didn't see any difference, improvement, or anything. Will keep rotating the product into my routine along with the other expensive ones, but it's just been a big yawn. DermOrganic Leave In Treatment is one that I actually see a difference with.

I'm really happy that others have found this to be an HG! Wish it worked as well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by ImSoBrunette

I used to work at a hair salon that exclusively carried Kevin Murphy products which is how I became acquainted with this product.

My hair type: Long, wavy hair which used to be smooth but has been colored so many times it's become so dry that I needed something to nourish and hydrate it. I have colored/bleached my hair over 6 times in the past 2 months.

My hair regimen: I used the Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Wash & Rinse

My overall thoughts: NOT WORTH THE $39 DOLLARS. That is the bottom line. I essentially used the entire line and when I say my hair is dry, it's dry. When I didn't use this product I didn't notice much missing however when I didn't use the Hydrating conditioner, I did notice my hair was parched so if you're looking to try a Kevin Murphy product that will hydrate your hair, try the Hydrate Me Rinse.

This product is so over priced when it's comparable to so many other hair serums. Moroccan oil is roughly the same price and works significantly better. I actually even tried an Organix brand Argan/Moroccan oil serum from Target that worked JUST as well and it cost about $8. If you have $39 to fork out for a serum which is essentially the same as a lot of other serums on the market, go for it. You're paying for the name because while it does have natural ingredients which may be beneficial to the hair, I cannot stress enough how I found several comparable and cheaper options which work just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:58:00 AM More reviews by masulliv55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best serum I have ever used. It's light, makes my hais shiny. I am 64 and my hair is colored and dry. I get compliments every day on how healthy my hair looks. I recommend this product to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a hairdresser, so I've literally tried every single serum out there! Well maybe not every one, but you know what I mean. I've had really dry, breaking ends for the last couple years, and this is the only serum/treatment that has actually helped them. I have noticed a huge improvement in the shine and condition of my hair from root to tip. My hair has had a really hard time growing past my collarbone, and only since I started using this it's stopped breaking and getting longer. The formula is truly weightless, I can apply on damp hair and then after it's dried. I can also go all day without my ends tangling together. Like I said, I've tried all the "trend" serums, like moroccan oil, argan oil, etc, but I can 100% honestly say nothing works like this. I have noticed no buildup yet, which was starting to become a problem with a few other serums. I've been using this for about 2 weeks and I'm very excited to see what my hair will be like in a month or two's time!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by bianc90

I love this product, I do change from Orofluido to this from time to time and do the same with both oils. I apply 2 pumps to towel dried hair and let dry naturally. It leaves my hair soft and manageable making it easy to style especially on mornings when im in a rush. It doesnt way hair down and I find that I dont have product build up with this. Highly reconmend it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by MOWCAM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried Maroccanoil (regular AND light), the Kerastase oil thingie (which won a Cosmo-award, I believe) and all kinds of serums, and this one is so far one of the best.
I put two drops in my long, fine, coloured hair after towel drying and blow it out - hair is soft, light and ends are smoothed. another two drops after styling (including straightening) glided over the hair, and it is shimmery, soft and frizz-free. Will last a long time, but is pricey - look online for a good deal.