April 18, 2014 | 1053 users online

Eyeliner - L.A. Colors - eyeliner & brow pencil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by anndiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is as good and better than many other more expensive drugstore liners I have tried! I use the twin brow/liner pencils in "Black" to line my waterline, which I do daily, and I find this has really good color payoff and lasting power. This will wear off a bit after a few hours, but so has every other gel, pencil, or liquid I have tried. A lot of pencils either don't show up at all on my waterline, or just end up smudging off onto my under my eye area, but this one doesn't do that. I wear WnW's liquid liner on my upper lid, but I have used this occasionally and had no issues with it smearing. For the price and performance, I will look no further than these for tight-lining.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first eyeliner I ever used. You see, I live near the dollar store, so the makeup I buy from there isn't exactly high-end quality. It's okay for a first eyeliner for me, though it lacked staying power on the waterline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to eyeliner. Since I do a daily red lip I don't do dark smokey eyes. I do a simple light wash of white eyeshadow on my lids, a ton of mascara (top only) and this eyeliner on my water lines (I'm over the cat eye look). This little eyeliner can't be beat. It goes on so easy and its dark, rich and creamy but not overly soft. Its a very pigmented black, you don't have to put on several layers to get color payoff. It doesn't pull or tug. It stays on with minimal smearing. Its not waterproof so if you are crying it will run and fade a little but still it holds up quite well on my waterery allergy eyes. It comes with two little pencils and sharpener. For a dollar its so much better than the .99 cent wet n wild and n.y.c liners. Its even better than many higher priced pencil eyeliners from other drugstore brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by vm1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this eyeliner so much!! it's very smooth when applying, it doesn't smudge above your upper lid and it was cheap! It comes with a sharpener and either a mascara tube or a liquid eyeliner. The liquid eyeliner is just as good! Very great product for very cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the first reviewer! My friend is just as much into makeup as I am and she uses this. Her eyes looked really good one day and I asked her what she used and she told me about this product. Its only a dollar for two pencils and a sharpener so I figured for the price I would go buy some and try it out. It goes on really well and its super smooth. I haven't had a problem with smudging or anything. I have really sensitive eyes so when I find an eyeliner that doesn't irritate my water line its really great. I use the black brown shade and its perfect. Two sticks have lasted me such a long time because you don't need much because it really is pigmented. My last stick has less than an inch left. Thats how much I use and love it!

Overall this is an amazing eyeliner. If you're looking for a good stick eyeliner you should definitely try this one out. Its worth it because its so cheap and it works wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG LINER! attention- Holy Grail eyeliner! i swear ive added this review a few times & for some reason i dont see it added? anyway- this liner is absolutely the best eyeliner ive bought & tried! The LA Colors Brow/Eyeliner is amazing!!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- this eyeliner pack comes with not one but two decent size eyeliners. and they cost me only $1!! yes a dollar! yOU can purchase this pack @ Dollar Trees, Dollar General, Family Dollar & possibly CherryCulture. It says its an eyeliner and eyebrow pencil.
SHADE/FORMULA-
These liners come in two different shades- Dark Brown and Black. I wish they would come out with more bc these are probably my favorite liners. Black is def a dark flat black- very pigmented. Dark Brown is a dark dark brown almost black but not as harsh. very pigmented!! The formula on these is pigmented cream liner. its creamy & soft but not too much that it smears. ive had no problems with smearing or running of this liner. even with my watery allergy prone eyes in some weather. with a primer- using this on the lash line, it will last at least 6-7 hours which is great considering others that cost me alot more cant even go on smoothly like these. these are so dark & pigmented & define my lashline wonderfully. they also are great for the waterline. they define the waterline & make your eyes look smoky. the dark brown is my fav since i have pale skin & most days i wear neutral looks & want something different than black. the black one is also amazing i love using it on the waterline & for tightlining. its made it real easy. and whats great too is even though these are nice creamy liners, i dont have to sharpen them with every use. they do keep a point pretty well. i do sharpen them every 3 or so uses since i do like a point esp on my lashline so i dont have too many missed spots. ive also found these can be blended out for those smoky eyes. just like my cream liners, these can be used as a base for some looks.
PACKAGING- these are your typical eyeliners. wooden sticks with the liner pencil- they come with a metal top. the top stays on very well and keep your liners safe. not too loose or too tight- just right. these pencils are about the size of my hand so like 6 inches. which is a generous amount of liner since you dont have to keep going over the lines. i like the simple packing. the pencil is the actual shade- like the black is a black pencil with a silver metal lid & the dark brown is a dark brown pencil with a gold metal lid. i can distinguish between the two. Ive actually made it through one pencil within the last year. which i honestly think is the only liner i got the whole way thru. i still have a tiny piece left which shows that the product runs the whole way thru.
Overall- the dark brown is my HG liner. the black is my fav too. they both serve diff purposes within my makeup routine. these are also small & convenient to throw in your purse for touch ups if you need. i always take these with me where i go bc this liner just always makes my eyes look so much better!! The softest liner with the best staying power! wow! if you havent tried them, dont write em off so quick- even though they are basically 50 cents a piece, they beat my Revlon, Almay, Maybelline, Covergirl- they beat em all! I will always repurchase and buy backups just incase they ever take these away which i beg LA Colors dont! they are a must have in my opinion!