December 21, 2014 | 1754 users online

Highlighters - Soap & Glory - Hocus Focus Instant Visual Flaw-Softening Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by missgray10

Having been on a bit of a shopping rampage buying liquid illuminators recently and I had tried HP on my hand a few weeks back and I knew I wanted to purchase this. I either blend this into my foundation and it makes a really lovely subtle dewy base that catches the light over your cheek bones/forehead and if you're wanting a more obvious look you can tap a tiny bit over cheek bones and forehead and it looks really lovely. It is subtle but just makes your skin look naturally beautiful! (If I do say so yourself). It does not have any sparkly, shimmery particles so is entirely dewy and sheeny and looks like a slightly pinkish/nude metallic colour to it. The consistency is light and liquid and has a scent to it which is nice and not overpowering. Get a cheeky test of this before you buy perhaps and see if you like it? Would have preferred not such a high price - but with Soap and Glory, I suppose you are paying for the brand. Would definitely buy this product again but I reckon it will last me ages as you only need a really small drop.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Poli93

My mom bought this for mistake and gave it to me. It sat in my beauty drawer for ages before I actually started using it and now I wear it everytime I put makeup on (sometimes I just can't be bothered).
It's subtle, not too shimmery, not too pearly and you need the smallest amount. I usually put a half a pump on my fingers, massage it in between my hands and dab it on my cheekbones, then what's left on inner eyes, cupids bow and brow bones. I feel like I don't even have to wear foundation with this, just a bit of concealer, some bronzer and my face is done. Super simple, subtle glow that doesn't give away the fact that it's a highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favourite liquid Illuminator, I use it on its own, mixed with foundation and dabbed on the cheekbones (on ultra special occasions I use benefits sun beam with it). It's very expensive and in an annoying squeezey bottle, £13 for highstreet product?!?! But I love it too much not too repurchase, it has no shimmer or glitter and would work for a lot of skin tones. Smells lush too. Photographs beautifully, doesn't exaggerate any fine lines or imperfections

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Halefire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this highlighter quite a bit, mostly because as a lotion I can use it in various ways. If I'm not wearing a lot of makeup I'll just add a little to moisturiser to brighten my skin up. If I'm doing my usual makeup I mix it with my liquid foundation to create the perfect effect. If I'm doing a full "big" makeup look I use it on top of makeup as well to add highlights on cheekbones etc. It blends really well, and provides a nice dose of light right where you want it.

It is quite pricey for what it is, but you only need a tiny amount so it does last.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by nrooney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would buy this product again but its quite expensive for all that it does! It adds a glow to your skin and makes your skin more radiant but if you have a good foundation with light reflecting pigments then I doubt this woukd be off any real benefit.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This really is a very nice little product. I usually just buy the basics - foundation, blusher, mascara, concealer - I bought this on a whim and I really was surprised by how much I like it. I would say 13 is a little overpriced for what it does, but it's the sort of thing that I would repurchase if I had a bit of spare money, and you only need to use a little so I imagine the bottle will continue to last me a fair while.

What I like about it is that it is very versatile, if you had good skin you could easily just mix it with moisturiser to get a glowy/dewy complexion. I use it as a cheekbone highlighter, and it brightens my complexion and makes my skin more radiant. Especially good for those Winter months where my skin tends to be slightly drier and less glowy.

All in all I would recommend this product, it does make a positive difference to how my skin looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by mjo2288

I'm nearly out of my first bottle, which was left at my house by a friend and after my first use, they weren't getting it back. I absolutely adore this product. I like how versatile it is, although i tend to add a few squirts to my moisturiser in the morning which gives my skin a beautiful kick of light and leaves me with a glow most of the day. The only flaw I can find with this product is it has a tendency to make your skin a little greasy but if you use a primer like Benefit's 'the porefessional' on top of it, you shouldn't have a problem and they work together beautifully, giving you a warm dewey glow to your skin without the overly shiny and greasy feel - not a look any of us like rocking. I also like to use it neat from the bottle on my collar bones and brow bone as it gives a powerful shine, especially in photographs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this product, I don't think I can rave on about it enough! Basically this is designed to be a highlighter to soften the imperfections of the face. It is a multi-purpose product that can be used as either a cheek highlight, mixed in with moisturiser to act as a skin brightener, or mixed with foundation to make for a smoother, brighter application, or as a primer. Personally I use it as a primer because I feel it makes a really nice base for the foundation because its pearlescent shine is really subtle and deflects attention away from problem areas. It also helps make my foundation last longer, meaning I don't have to go for extra touch ups during the day. On the packaging it claims to use 'long wearing lightscramble lumispheres' which I have to say I have no idea what they are but they are used to help diffuse the appearance of large pores, wrinkles and uneven pigmentation. It just gives such a pretty dewy look that is usually quite hard to achieve I find. The only negative I would have to say would be that it is a little pricey, as you only get 30ml for 13 (around $20 ish) but for a product that works this well I would most definitely splurge, but if your on a budget then maybe not. I would recommend and buy again!