April 20, 2014 | 1027 users online

Bronzers - Cover Girl - Queen Collection - Ebony Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After seeing a few black youtube gurus go on about it, I decided to buy it and see for myself. I'm somewhere in the middle about it: I use it as more of a contour than a bronzer and although it does warm up my complexion and gives it a nice glow, it takes a bit of build up to get there. From the other reviews, I will say it does have a bit of red in it and some shimmer, but it doesn't bother me as much. Its not exactly silky to me, but it does go on okay enough with no issues. It comes in a brown and clear compact which makes it easy to see what you're buying and its around $9 on drugstore.com since it seems I couldn't find it anywhere around me. Anyway, its nice for what it is which is a line made for us dark girls and I appreciate that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Collage909

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I was excited about this because it's been raved about but I don't love it. It is compactly packed, so the brush dosen't pick up much and I have to layer if I want to see color on my face. It's also a dark reddish-brown, which I wasn't expecting. Also, while I like the little glitters, I was hoping for a matte bronzer. I think this is great for a "glowy" look but i'm not sure about it for everyday wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Rosegold29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this bronzer but I feel like it's just a bit too red, so I wouldn't recommend contouring with this. I use a really light hand and apply to wear the sun would naturally hit. It's great to add some warmth to the skin after applying foundation, but I wish it wasn't so red! However I would repurchase for my kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by RoseeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a gift from a friend. It was hard for me to find a bronzer to contour with for my dark skin (nw47). Finally something I can contour with. Wish the compact came with a mirror. a must for chocolate skin ladies (and some gents)!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this product as a crease color. It's too dark to be used on my cheeks (they look dirty), but its perfect for contouring and in my crease. I used it today on my crease and received so many compliments on my makeup. I wouldn't repurchase because you get so much. This will last a long time for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this product as a bronzer because I have a face shape that doesn't need to be contoured. I do however, love it as an all over face powder. It gives my skin a nice, natural glow. I can apply a lot of this stuff and it never looks ashy or cakey. If you have problems with it being cakey you let me know. I love how the shimmeries are not obvious and it looks beautiful in pictures. I hope Covergirl never discontinues this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product because I have a very hard time finding a bronzer dark enough to contour my face. It has decent color payoff and not too much shimmer, which too many bronzers have. Very much like the price compared to other brands.
My biggest problem with this product is that it is difficult to find on the ground for me, so that takes away from the experience.
Also, the packaing is decent in that protects the product on the bottom but the top is just clear plastic - no mirror as in other compacts and leaves the product vulnerable to light/sun. If this were improved I would like it better because it would be more portable.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by calet22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a medium-brown complexion and I use this bronzer to contour my cheekbones and I also sometimes use it as blush on my cheeks. This bronzer works well for my complexion and it doesn't break me out. I think it's just as good, if not better, than some of the more expensive brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this as a contour. Great for us chocolate girls as bronzer or contour. Has a little bit of shimmer, but not too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer, but as a contour powder. I purchased this after watching lipSH0CK on youtube contour with it.. She is amazing btw. Anyway I had never contoured before and now I see it was the missing piece of my overall look. Ebony bronze is the perfect contour color for my skin tone (NC 45 for reference) plus you can't beat the price.