July 30, 2014 | 2115 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ego QV wash

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by ashaleyyy101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZE! My HG shower product. I will not use shower gel or soap bars anymore!
Great for acne prone skin, sensitive skin and dry skin. Just amazing all up.
Also great for the face aswell.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by sophie_au

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product performs reasonably well, I'm a bit disappointed by the QV wash, because despite being soap-free and containing 10% glycerin, the second ingredient is sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) which is a known irritant! It's a positive control used in scientific studies. When they want to see if an ingredient is problematic for skin, they compare its propensity of adverse reactions to that of SLS.

SLS is mentioned in major journals like the European Journal of Dermatology and the American Journal of Contact Dermatitis as causing sensitising reactions in relatively large numbers of people.

So given that Ego Pharmaceuticals created the QV range specifically for the Dermatology department of Queen Victoria Hospital (hence the name) to use for their patients, why on earth would they include SLS, let alone as the second ingredient? Perhaps this is why they also make a QV Gentle Wash which is SLS-free.

Ego has this to say about their Gentle Wash: "Recommended for cleansing drier skin as it contains a higher concentration of moisturiser than QV Wash." Really? AFAIK, all they did is replace the SLS with sodium lauroyl sarcosinate.

This could have been a great product without the SLS. Next time I'll be buying the Gentle Wash instead, which is unfortunately harder to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by vanillacandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have an acne prone skin,oily,sensitive.. i've used a lot of different products,numerous kinds of facial washes and skin cleansers.. but they're all failed for me.. it hurts my pocket too.. but with this facial wash,you will never get wrong! this is the best i've ever tried,my pimples and oiliness stopped just like a miracle! The skin is hydrated,soft and moisturized after washing.. i'm using this qv wash for almost a year,it's effectiveness stays the same.. the price of this product is a bit expensive but it's worth it! the packaging of this product is simple and nice.. you can get this qv wash in 250 and 500 ml bottles.. give yourself a try and experience the difference with QV wash! 😊👍👏😊

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I just finished off the huge bottle of this, and I will most definitely be repurchasing. I use this as a body wash, not a face wash. I have eczema all over my body, as well as dry and sensitive skin. My skin can't take those highly frangranced "soapy" sort of products, that just makes my eczema worse.

I moisturise about 3 times a day, sometimes more, so I need a wash that is gentle, but cleans off all those layers of moisturiser, and this wash definitely does it!
I also scrub twice a week with my own homemade sugar scrub that has quite a bit of grape seed oil in it, which can feel a little sticky, and well, oil-like (duh), and this washes it all off too.

It's much more liquid-y than any other product I've tried, so you do need a lot for one wash. This isn't really a problem, because it's pretty much like that all across the board for any soapless body wash. It lathers pretty well too.

I've also tried Physiogel and Cetaphil cleansers, as well as Palmer's shea butter body wash and although they don't irritate my skin, they just don't wash off all the moisturiser and leaves a film on my skin. It feels a little gross, like I haven't showered properly because I can still feel a layer of product on my skin. The QV wash really cleans my skin and refreshes it, without making it feel dry. Definitely going to use this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry and sensitive skin that tends to react to most body washes. I would get really itchy on my chest right after my shower. Been using this for the past few years and loved it. Sometimes i even use this for my face in the morning and it works great. It cleans well and doesn't dry out my skin. I've tried QV's gentle wash, I find its too gentle for me and doesn't clean well enough ie. areas where my skin is oily, like my upper back and chest.

This product is fragrance free and lathers very well.

Product description:
Ego QV Wash is a mild, effective cleansing treatment specially formulated for dry or sensitive skin. For the treatment of dry skin, scaly skin, winter itch, ichthyosis, xerosis, dermatitis and other dry dermatological conditions. For the relief of symptoms of atopic eczema and psoriasis. Particularly suitable for infants and the elderly.

QV Wash is free from lanolin, perfume, colour and propylene glycol to suit the most sensitive skin types. QV Wash moisturises as it cleanses. pH 6.