December 20, 2014 | 1607 users online

Polishes - Butter London - Pink Ribbon

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by keishanicole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very pretty color, would look good on most any skin tone. Did have some trouble with the brush and it did some streaking. You have to be pretty much an expert not to get any streaking. Do like the color not sure about longevity yet. Butter is hit or miss with how long you can wear it. Used three coats, two would have been fine. Used different brand for base and top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by pkuyken

This is my first Butter London polish and i use it over the Butter London base with the Butter London Top Coat. I love how this combination looks - like pale pink nude color. It wears well and the pale color allows a small chipmto go unnoticed. It is my go to color for summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by chiara11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A peachy pink french polish that ist creamy/milky, sheer, but not clear(not as sheer as many ESSIE french polishes). Definitely a warm peachy/salmon shade, not a cool pink! I did not find it streaky... applied quite smooth!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by brs4

I don't know why people complain about Butter London packaging. The square lid is cute and you can take it off if you hate it so much. The color is supposed to be sheer (according to their website) as is the perfect peach/pink for french manicures.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Melzy323

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to tell you, I am underwhelmed with the entire Butter London line. The colors look gorgeous (in the bottle anyway) and the names are too cute but the lasting power of these polishes - even with the BL base and top coat - is a 2-4 days. I might as well have bought a ds polish instead of a $15 dollar one. Having said that, I do like the colors - particularly Pink Ribbon. It's a little streaky (especially for $15!) but the color - a milky, cool pink "jelly" - is pretty enough to deal with the total lack of wear. It is the only BL shade I haven't traded or given away. The packaging (double caps) is ridiculous. (Hello BL, Chanel, Fekkai and anyone else who double caps their products - not cool!) For half the money and twice the wear, not to mention a wide color range AND "3-free", Zoya is a much better buy! Don't waste your money on this unless it's for the colors alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by tangomaya

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hunting for a pale peach "crelly" (cross between a cream and a jelly) polish when I spied this Butter London candidate at Ulta. I guess it's named "pink ribbon" after the pink ribbons on ballet shoes, which are actually more peach than pink, as is this polish. Just by looking at the product in the (stylish!) bootle, I knew this shade would be sheer, but I thought it would be somewhat "buildable." And is IS, but boy you better be the PATIENT sort! The first coat goes on almost clear, just a hint of peach. That might otherwise make it perfect for a french manicure, except that it was a tad streaky. The next two coats went on even more streakily, which was a real disappointment for such an expensive nail polish. After FOUR (thick!) coats, it finally started looking very pretty... almost every bit of the streaking was gone, and what I had was a pretty damn gorgeous pale peach manicure that (due to the jellyish formula) looked nice and fresh and still somewhat translucent rather than completely opague. It was super shiny too, even without a topcoat. Wear time was good. All said, it was almost the look I was going for, but in my opinion it was really begging for a fifth and final coat, which I REFUSED to do. Life is too short my friends. So this went promptly back to Ulta and I exchanged it for some Butter London "Saucy Jack" instead and can't wait to try it, despite that I later found out that polish is named after Jack the Ripper, which I find utterly deplorable. Shame on you, Butter London. But I digress. Pink Ribbon is the hothouse flower of nailpolish... pretty and delicate looking, but a LOT of trouble getting there.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by elizabethmariecorbin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that the reason that I was first interested in this polish was because of the beautiful minimalist packaging. This put together with raves of the Butter London line led me to purchase this when I saw it at Ulta.

The color is a sheer pink that gives your nails just a polished healthy look. This is the only type of color that I wear on my nails but it's very common and there are millions of cheaper dupes. This polish has a thick consistency which causes it to dry slowly and not go on smoothly.

I have to rant about the packaging that I thought looked so lovely. It is beautiful and sleek from the outside but I hate hate hate that you have to pull up the cap and then twist in order to open the bottle. Why? It's so deceptive - rather than the cap being a solid rectangular box, it's basically a hollow cover over what is similar to a regular nail polish cap. I consider this extremely cheap and for the price it should be solid. Also, the brush had splayed fibers sticking out from the first time I opened the bottle which came sealed. It wasn't just a fluke - I bought a set of three polishes and they were all that way. Poorly and cheaply made at a high end price!

I prefer Essie Sugar Daddy which has a thinner and smoother finish at half the cost.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by rcmann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very sheer pink. It has just enough color (after two coats) to give nails a classy but low-maintenance look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

Pink Ribbon is a very sheer pink. This is the perfect nail polish for a french manicure. I don't think this goes opaque if you tried...it's meant to be sheer. The formula is smooth though.