July 30, 2014 | 1850 users online

Fragrances - Tom Ford - Violet Blonde

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by su

This is amazing (EDP)!. It lasts for many hours on my skin. It's a really unique, sophisticated, feminine fragrance. My husband loves it on me. I wear it all year long. I've almost finished a bottle of Violet Blonde, definately would buy it again. It's expensive, but I don't mind to spend a bit more for such a great fragrance. I also like Black Orchid, despite that it seems quite masculine. Though, I prefer Violet Blonde.
NOTES: pink pepper, violet leaf, mandarin, iris absolute, jasmine Sambac, Baie rose, suede, cedar, musk, vetiver and benzoin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by thattystehli

Smell like granny, buy I will buy other fragrances of TF.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I got the biggest size as a gift (3.4 fl oz/100mL Eau de Parfum Spray) plus a mini and it's just not my style. I tend to go for warmer oriental scents. Used the mini once or twice. Not sure what to do with the huge bottle.

Nothing bad or wrong with the scent, just not my taste. The 1-2 times I wore it once seemed to last all day, great staying power. Packaging is nice and elegant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This bursts forth with violet, citrus and leafy greens. All scents I don't care for but somehow this mixture works on my skin. I'd say this is a more formal than casual fragrance but that too is subjective. Dry down is powdery violet and cumin (?) or perhaps some other exotic spice but lovely nonetheless. I don't think I smell like I'm in need of bathing but others may not concur. What I find fascinating with this scent is the dry down on me varies. At one wearing I clearly sensed the scent of a vintage 1950's lipstick my late mother wore. Go figure. I'm on the fence here but leaning so far in that I will cave and buy. Thus far I've subsisted on multiple samples provided by Sephora. My only gripe here is the price and the fleeting staying power (on me), which I think is a good thing as I am infamous for wearing potent scents. Hubby liked and at the end of the evening my dress smelled really pretty. Will. Buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by discoclemonade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Violet Blonde. How I love the way she smells but I don't love how short of a time she sticks around. I was coveting this scent for quite sometime and looking for a signature scent that many other women haven't claimed as their own (coco mademoiselle, miss dior etc) I needed something striking and unique but easy enough for everyday wear. I love sophisticated scents with an edge and when another member described this as the love child of chanel no.5 and gray flannel I was sold. I went and bought it the next day. I was so excited to spray it and did the day after and to my disappointment the scent disappears before it even develops. The scent is delicious, captivating and has something special about it. The sillage and longevity are dissapointing. I have worn body sprays that stick around longer than this. I even tried to layer it and spray it in my hair but alas, it just doesn't stay long enough. Now it stays on my vanity looking pretty, could be good as a room scent. Three lippies because like I said the scent is intoxicating in the best way possible.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by tessture

This went on my skin as sweaty wood and violets, like sharp dry woodshavings from teak and sweat. It was almost a cumin note, but not quite. Then it dried down much nicer and the sweaty wood became woody suede with floral notes to keep it light. In the end, nice, but the sweaty onset will keep me away in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

I tried this mostly because GlamDiva below says that it has a very well done rounded fruity impression, plus occasional bubble gum. I also slightly feared a powdery, vintage violet impression because that what violets turn into on my skin most of the time. I certainly got the lovely, bright, fruity aspect and the bubblegum note- albeit for a passing moment. Happily, the violet note was not dusty or too powdery. Altogether it's a rather chic fragrance with good sillage and lasting power. It makes me think of long hair, skinny jeans and leather accessories. Very nice but not FB worthy for me because I find it almost too polished.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by sarabeegee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love some of Tom Ford's other scents, so wanted to give this a try, too.
This perfume did not smell good on me at all. From initial sniff to final dry down, it was a very strong, powdery, vintage 1950's-type floral.

Loved the packaging, but little else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by karaer

I first tried this perfume when I got a little sample sized sprayer with a Sephora purchase. It was definitely love at first sniff. After using up my sample I asked for and received the largest bottle from my SO for christmas but ended up dropping it a few months later and it shattered everywhere (thank goodness not at home! I can't imagine how strong it would smell, I feel awful about dropping it in a public restroom). Anyway I recently repurchased a more manageable medium sized bottle and am so glad to have it back. I can only describe this perfume as haunting, the smell is super unique (to me, but I am not really "into" perfumes) and absolutely lovely. It smells really, really expensive. just a tiny spritz is enough for the whole day and you smell absolutely fabulous (different, but amazing) when you wake up the next day too. I don't usually like powdery scents but this is just slightly powdery in a good way. It is my absolute favorite perfume, especially in the spring, summer, and fall. In the super hot (Texas) summer I prefer to wear something with bold gardenia like michael kors. Anyway, I would suggest trying it out, especially try wearing it for a day because it just keeps getting better and better. Maybe not for everyone, but I love it. It smells grown up, expensive, and bold but also soft and familiar. Really beautifully done. A new classic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love this scent. It is so different from anything else that I wear. It is a beautiful sophisticated floral. It also smells expensive and classy. The staying power is wonderful and it doesn't give me a headache!