October 25, 2014 | 1401 users online

Hair Color - N'Rage - Demi Permanent haircolor - Purple

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Jazztsui6

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This dye is on of the best I've used hands down. I have really dark Asian hair and I bleached the bottom half so I could get the purple. I used the splat bleach/dye duo and I found the colour had an OK lasting time. Then I used ultra violet by manic panic and that was OK too. But this dye is the best out of them all c: It has a really thick consistency and turns out verrrry dark if you use it like that alone. I personally like adding a lot of conditioner to it to make it a smoother and easier application. The colour lasts me for about 2-3 months when washing my hair every second day (though that regimen is not super consistent) when you add conditioner it seems to enhance the pleasant sent that comes with the dye itself. The vibrancy of the dye shows after you wash it quite a bit (it also depends on how much conditioner you add to it) The price is great because you only need a little bit to get a bold colour (again, I add conditioner to it) The bottles design is not great because it's hard to get dye out of the intended top piece. I just end up taking the entire cap off and squeezing a little bit into a hair dye bowl. I love this brand of dye and I also use both of their reds and the fuscia :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by debbism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to cover the grey to get fun streaks of color and wanted to find something that lasted longer than manic panic or glosser type colors like Jazzing or Adore. The woman at Sally's suggested this as a longer lasting color.

The up side is that it is thick and is easy to apply with a color brush to get it exactly where I want it without drips, it is easier to keep off my scalp as well. It also smells pleasant but then again, these demi permanent colors like Jazzing and such usually have little to no odor anyway. The color is intense to say the least. Very bright and vivid

The down side is that once the application was finished and all excess dye was removed and hair is washed and dried, if I touched my dry hair, even with dry hands, to put it up in a pony tail, I end up with purple stains on my hands. Even after a few shampoos, the stuff comes off on my hands. If I shed a little on my bathroom vanity and it is damp or foggy, I get purple marks on the counter so eveytime I brush my hair, I must spritz the counter top with bleach to remove the stain. I now brush my hair outside - thankfully, I live in So Cal and it is not freezing outside.

As for the packaging, it is a good quality bottle however, it is the WRONG type of quality bottle. The thing is so heavy and thick that it is near impossible to squeeze product out that is so thick. It is thick enough that the color should either come in a softer bottle like Fudge Paintbox or in a tub like Manic Panic or Punky Colors.

Now while I am writing this less than a week after coloring, I don't feel it necessary to give it time to see if it is behaving better in a few days. I don't give a damn if a color is amazing; if it stains my hands days afterward like this, it is crap. I normally wash my hair every other day with my shampoo bar BUT this color is so horrific to deal with as it stains my hands every day, that I am going to buy a harsh sulfated shampoo and see if I can strip this out enough so that it stops leaving marks on my hands and counter tops every morning.