July 23, 2014 | 1997 users online

Hair Color - N'Rage - Demi Permanent haircolor - Purple

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by debbism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to cover the grey to get fun streaks of color and wanted to find something that lasted longer than manic panic or glosser type colors like Jazzing or Adore. The woman at Sally's suggested this as a longer lasting color.

The up side is that it is thick and is easy to apply with a color brush to get it exactly where I want it without drips, it is easier to keep off my scalp as well. It also smells pleasant but then again, these demi permanent colors like Jazzing and such usually have little to no odor anyway. The color is intense to say the least. Very bright and vivid

The down side is that once the application was finished and all excess dye was removed and hair is washed and dried, if I touched my dry hair, even with dry hands, to put it up in a pony tail, I end up with purple stains on my hands. Even after a few shampoos, the stuff comes off on my hands. If I shed a little on my bathroom vanity and it is damp or foggy, I get purple marks on the counter so eveytime I brush my hair, I must spritz the counter top with bleach to remove the stain. I now brush my hair outside - thankfully, I live in So Cal and it is not freezing outside.

As for the packaging, it is a good quality bottle however, it is the WRONG type of quality bottle. The thing is so heavy and thick that it is near impossible to squeeze product out that is so thick. It is thick enough that the color should either come in a softer bottle like Fudge Paintbox or in a tub like Manic Panic or Punky Colors.

Now while I am writing this less than a week after coloring, I don't feel it necessary to give it time to see if it is behaving better in a few days. I don't give a damn if a color is amazing; if it stains my hands days afterward like this, it is crap. I normally wash my hair every other day with my shampoo bar BUT this color is so horrific to deal with as it stains my hands every day, that I am going to buy a harsh sulfated shampoo and see if I can strip this out enough so that it stops leaving marks on my hands and counter tops every morning.