October 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Foundations - By Terry - Hyaluronic Face Glow

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

This is an odd product indeed - it is offered in two formats (in a tube or in a lipgloss-like wand dispenser). I have both items and still have mixed feelings about .the product. It does deliver results: it evens out my skin, plumps it up,or so I think, and feels cool and delicious. Still, it is not a concealer and it is not a foundation nor is it a primer.. what is it then? It isn´t greasy nor creamy and is completely absorbed into the skin quite quickly, if you keep rubbing it will flake off. I have used it under foundation but I feel it doesn´t give me "slip" to make the foundation melt in.. I have used it as a foundation and it doesn´t give me coverage. I still like it though, as a pick-me-up for the eye area it pleases me a lot, but it needs to be tapped lightly on. I just don´t think this is a crowd pleaser , so pick up a sample at the By Terry counter and test it for a few days before commiting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is my first By Terry product. I'm not exactly sure what it is - the packaging says it's a "extra-smoothing filler long lasting bare skin". I was expecting this to be like a primer, but it's more like a tinted moisturizer/foundation. It goes on well and dries a bit... tight? I felt like my skin was a bit taunt after applying this, but it does even out my complexion quite well. I received this in shade 2 nude glow and it's more or less a match for my MAC NC30/NARS Alaska complexion. I'm not crazy about the scent and the fact that it's a bit drying for my combo skin. It's probably a good thing that I'm not a fan of this product, because at $65, it's expensive!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 6:45:00 AM More reviews by lmande

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wasn't sure what I was getting when I first ordered this online. It's more than just a primer but I wouldn't really call it makeup either. With that said though after I applied it I found I really didn't need much makeup. I put this on after moisturizer, then used some of the liquid blush also made by By Terry then followed it up with just a light dusting of Jane Iredale's pressed base foundation. I was happy with the result and it really lasted the whole day without transferring, melting or oxidizing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Sooooo wanted to like this product given its complexion enhancing promises. But not to be!

Caused burning sensaton immediately upon contact. Strange, uneven application, likely due to its chemical composition: clung to pores in some areas and 'rolled off' others.

Pity, as By Terry usually dependable in all things cosmetic, especially when it comes to foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by littlegem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Was recommended this originally as an oil free primer but was pleasantly surprised to find that it have just a good yet natural coverage that for everyday use I don't need an additional foundation. Colour is great and seamless. Although expensive at £44 I don't need a separate foundation and this seems to help improve my skin quality too. I have combination skin so can't really comment in the products drying qualities. It lasts me well and I have minimal shine throughout the day. LOVE IT!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by incognito51

I am a big fan of By Terry products, but this particular one is not a favorite. I concur with some of the other reviewers, as the result was a dry flaky texture on my skin. Perhaps, I am too old for this one....Perhaps I will try it again in the summer when there is more humidity. Fortunately I received a sample and did not buy it. I do love the Hyaluronic eye primer, though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got a 10ml sample in french glossy box.

Its easy to apply, leaves skin smooth, matte, healthy looking.

Skin might appear dry and its kinda sticky.

I never really thought I would need a base but its really nice to mattify the skin. Though not necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by SSKY

I am a product junkie and am constantly trying out new products.... I have combination skin with enlarged pores, and the trick with this product is to apply it on well moisturized skin and only apply a thin layer of it. Otherwise, your skin will appear really dry.

I then follow it with By Terry Light Expert foundation. I have since been receiving comments on how glowy my skin is!! I have used foundations from Sisley, Cle de Peau, GA, Suqqu, Becca....

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I didn't like this product much initially as other reviewers. I think mainly was because it wasn't explained to me well. I bought this in Paris so maybe language was an issue. The SA sold it to me as a primer and I used it as such initially. Then I thought it was strange like I was putting foundation on foundation. Then I started using it alone very lightly only on spots that I need coverage or more like a concealer, which turned out to be a much better idea. I agree this product is a bit trying. I use it in the summer months and bring it with me when I am travelling to humid places. Overall I do like it just not as a primer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was fortunate to be able to try a sample of this first. I agree with the first review. Very thick and made my skin look dry. It needs to be more sheer. I tried this with my hands and a brush trying to make it work. Would not purchase.