October 23, 2014 | 926 users online

Eye Shadow - Shiseido - Luminizing Satin Eye Color

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Nagaika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I have it in a very nude color (BE 701). I always carry it with me as it has a little mirror and I can use it to quickly conceal something minor as well as just eye shadows.
As eye shadow it gives this Serena van der Woodsen look, when your eyes are kind of glowing, but you can't understand what it really is, it illuminates the eyes from the inside, it's difficult to explain, but the look is very fresh and energetic. I would totally recommend it for daily business looks and light spring/summer makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by yellowkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color delivers. The pigment is intense and glides on like silk. The colors are even better on than in the pan. Many colors seem to have several tones and depth to them. The colors are elegant, not glittery, do not bleed or flake off. The pigment lasts 8 hours + until I remove it. I wish these came with little brushes. Shiseido makes excellent brushes. I don't like the sponge tip applicator although it isn't a cheap fall apart one. The simply case feels solid and not cheaply made. I wish these were less pricey. The Trio Palettes feel like the same quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

I have tried all of Shiseido's satin colors and I must say that as a makeup artist I hate them. They are not overly pigmented and their color selection is horribly limited. Most colors won't even go on darker complexions! Another drawback is that Shiseido sells to an "older" market in North America at least, so the colors are sometimes too funky for them. I think that for the price, you better get yourself another brand like MAC, Lancome, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in V1720 ghost. My goodness this is beautiful. It is explained as a silvery lavender. When used lightly as a wash it seems almost lavender/pale gray. It is one of those colors that really shouldn't compete with any other colors. Its sublte but very unique. I plan on using this almost like a signature look...all over wash, tight line bottom and top lashes and mascara. As I'm getting older, I'm realizing that less is more in the shadow dept. My eyes pop when they are not competing with smokey shadows etc. This shadow is expensive ($25) for a single color...but I'm purchasing another as back up, its perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MystiQu3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a replacement for Bloom eyeshadown in Bone which had been my favourite nude eyeshadow. Then I somehow crossed path with Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color in BE202 (Caramel).

This eyeshadow in the BE202 is my favourite my-lids-but-better eyeshadow. I have medium tan/olive brown skin tone characteristic of Southeast Asians and this eyeshadow, in my opinion suits this kinda skin tone very well. I use it every day as an all-over lid colour. I sweep it across my whole eyelid it just looks great! It blends flawlessly, hence giving you a natural, no-makeup look. I find it amazing that just by applying it as an all-over eye colour (the easiest and basic eyeshadow technique), this colour adds depth and dimension to my eyes!

The formulation and finish is satiny, with ever so subtle shimmer. I find that this eyeshadow really lives to the claim that it is silky smooth. In fact this is the smoothest eyeshadow I've tried so far (I have tried Bobbi Brown, L'oreal and Bloom).

The lasting power is also amazing. Today I wore it in the morning before I head out to work, then after I hit the gym, even after a sweaty workout session, this eyeshadow does not fade away! Simply amazing,

I give 4 lippies for price as it is expensive, but you get 2g and I think it lasts a long time. I will definitely buy again and I'll try other colours too!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

Perfect eyeshadow!!! I have these in Kombu, Paperwhite, Slate & the Boudoir Trio. Shiseido does not fail to please me on their every product! Finely milled satiny finish, with beautiful iridicence (in some colors) that's not OTT nor chunky glittery when it comes to its shimmer. Not too creamy nor powdery. Very easy to blend. Color stays true to the pan color. Lasts long for hours. It's just a very luxurious eyeshadow from a luxurious brand that makes skincare & makeup worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm inclined to think you can't go wrong with Shiseido Luminizing Satin Finish eyeshadow, my favorite powder eyeshadow formula. The texture is soft, even fragile. It's so finely milled that it sweeps on effortlessly. It has a satin finish that leans to the shimmery side of the spectrum, but you can't see chunky glitter, just shine. Very pigmented. Great lasting power over a base. The singles and trios are identical in exceptional quality. One of the best shadow formulas out there, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The smoothness of this finely milled powder really makes it easy to apply. I've applied once for a sheer EVEN color or build for more intense color. The glitter in the product is not "in your face" shimmer, it is a soft subtle shine which works very well for mature eyes. This is the best formula eye shadow I've found on the market, unfortunately the colors are limited. Staple colors: RD709 is a favorite for a soft natural daytime eye. It provides a very natural coverage, even tone. GY913 is good for lining the outer lash line.
Packaging is excellent.
Formula does not dry out in the case.
Formula is long-wearing: 8 hours no problem!
I use all the time and the product goes a long way, so it is worth the price of admission.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by HRubin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love shiseido eyeshadows, and they always rate HG status for me. This product (I have Serpent GR711) is a smooth, shimmery perfection of an eyeshadow. I have slightly oily lids and use no primer.

The Packaging: Like all shiseido product, the packaging is of the highest quality. It comes with an elegant but sturdy case that snaps closed, a small mirror, and a double sided sponge/sponge liner applicator. Perfection.

The Product: The shadow is finely milled and smooth, and blends well. You can apply it sheer, but it also builds to a deep intensity. There is no chunky glitter, and all shimmer is soft and fine. I have worn this shadow 12-18 hours with only a tiny bit of fading. :D HG of shadows.

The Price: Worth it. The product is high quality, with great packaging. All around good quality.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No