October 30, 2014 | 1436 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - intense i-color smoky-i kit for hazel eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by scrapstitcher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my most used eye shadow palettes. I don't use the little sponge applicator that came with it. Instead, i use a couple different double-ended eyeshadow brushes i got individually at walgreens that i absolutely love. Love the colors in the palette. wearing it right now in fact.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Tanya86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this one when Almay products were on sale at one of the drugstores. The colors look nice in the package, but they're not when you apply them.
The white color looks like chalk and barely shows up. The taupe color looks like a slightly darker version of that and doesn't have much pigment. The gray is nice though. It would've been so much better if the other two colors were more pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPink17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product, and all of the colors are very pigmented and easy to apply. I do find that putting an eye shadow primer on before this eye shadow, makes the colour last longer and look more vibrant. But overall, this product lasts all night and gives a really deep and beautiful smoky eye if applied correctly; ive been given many compliments when wearing it. I would repurchase it for sure!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Sk8rGurl

This product was a great disappointment for me. I don't normally wear eyeshadow but it's good to have some for special occasions. Once i bought it I put it on as a test when I got home,it made my eyes look really dark and it looked heavy,probably won't buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by lolagreeneyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been looking for an eyeshadow trio for a smoky look. I have green eyes but liked the color in the hazel kit better. I was excited to find these shades, and for less than $8. When I got home to apply, I was very disappointed in the poor pigment of these shadows. I tried layering it to make it look darker and that didn't work. Guess I'll keep looking; I've heard that the Naked palettes are great, but I'm not ready to spend $50 on the kit.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree that these are poorly pigmented. They looked so pretty in the pan. Waste of money. :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

the colors are gorgeous but the pay off is rubbish (excuse my language) it just doesn't even get on the brush and the minute you blend them out they disappear. I got the one for green eyes to replace my mufe #39 and #160 eyeshadows since they were sold out but I'm honestly so disappointed :(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This eye shadow trio looks like the perfect fool-proof collection for smoky eyes. There's a light almost white shimmery silver with green and pink microglitter, a medium dusty taupe with subtle shimmer, and a smoky gray with the same green and pink microshimmer as the light silver. Sadly only one of these colors is very good.

The light silver is barely noticible other than a little shimmer. The taupe has a very hard texture and I could barely get any on my brush. After lots of going back and forth with my brush to load it up with eye shadow I tried to really pack it on my skin and it was pretty much invisible. I can hardly believe how horrible the pigmentation is since it's not a pale color. The smoky gray is very pigmented and goes on nice and smooth but the texture is a little off. Even with primer it seems like it's not blending into my skin, almost like it's floating above it. Because of this it creases very easily unless you put on a very small amount of it. The best thing about this color is how it looks if you apply it wet. I tried using it as an eye liner with a damp eye liner brush and wow! It looks so gorgeous; all the pretty pink and green microglitter just pops and it really stays put.

I wouldn't buy this kit if you're looking for smoky eye shadows. But if you want to use it as a beautiful gray eyeliner with tons of sparkles you might want to look into buying this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:03:00 PM More reviews by hotpink55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed in this product. I had never tried any eye products from Almay before but always thought the packaging was very classy looking. I received a pretty good Almay coupon from CVS so I decided to try this. The top silver color is pigmented, but the middle grayish/taupe color might as well be invisible. I furiously rubbed my finger on the color and tried to swatch it and barely anything shows up! The bottom charcoal color is not very pigmented either. Looked chalky on. Will most likely never purchase another Almay product. After looking at their reviews on here I see they dont really have good reviews for anything.