December 21, 2014 | 1398 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lip Stain - Passion

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh. A sub-par lip stain that leaves unevenly-pigmented lips. The color payoff, when extracted from the tube, is quite bright, but the fact that very little liquid comes out for each application is disappointing. I think you must shake the tube for more stain to reach the felt-ish tip, right? I dont know. It is not my favourite at all. I had one by jafra that was da bomb & was hoping it would be similar to it -- It was not. Oh well. I will use it until it runs out. The only revlon product i do not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by ginabeebop

This product is okay, it does it's job, but not perfectly. It is very easy to apply this unevenly and give you two different lip colors, the color shade is okay, doesn't last all day. I do like the balm side it has a nice smoothing feeling, but that as well does not last long.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by MrsNicholson

This product is good. Plain and simple, but it is flawed. I have this in two shades, gothic and Victorian. The gothic colour, a vibrant red is beautiful on, it has cooler undertones making my teeth look white and is complimentary to the skin. But given the nature of the product you have to be extremely careful applying, if you create a crooked line it's a lot of work to cover it, there is no removing it.
The Victorian colour I was less impressed with because it took a few coats for the colour to really make a difference on my lips, but by the end I was left with a nice subdued pink.
If I stuff up the application of these stains I clean up the edge of my lips with a super thick cover girl concealer (sort of looks like a Chapstick?) and you can make the edges nice and clean, but it is time consuming to apply.
As for the balm, I cannot understand how nearly everyone snapped theirs off?! Sure it juts out and isn't retractable (which is a design flaw) but with gentle application there is no issue.

As for the coverage of this product, yes you need to have perfectly smooth and hydrated lips with NO other products on, completely clean but this fits in well with my routine anyway as I use something very hydrating (Amolin or Vaseline) on my lips then runs over them with a baby's toothbrush, this removes dry skin while hydrating and I do this so all kinds of lipstick look good, not just the stain.

Pros:
Complementary colours
Staying power (providing you don't eat or drink, otherwise the centre of the lips begin to fade)
Applicator tip is pointed and precise allowing for shaping

Cons:
Time consuming application (kinda worth it though)
Only a small amount of balm
Limited colour range (I mean brown. Who wears brown? This isn't the 90s!)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm in two minds about this product.

It's a real faff to use. There isn't enough colour delivered through the felt-tip, and I have to spend ages applying and colouring-in and outlining and going back over it. It's definitely not a good on-the-move product, and also needs to be stored upside down to get the colour moving through the applicator.

It's also useless over lipbalm, which always results in no colour staying on your lips, and the felt tip just getting all greasy and gunked up. Conversely though, if you use it lips that are too dry, it goes on patchy and unevenly and any dry, flaky bits of skin are always much darker and really stand out.

HOWEVER... if your lips are in great condition and nice and soft, and you've got a good 5 mins to spend in front of the mirror, and you've stored it upside down for a few hours... then this is a beautiful shade with a classic 'stain' finish which lasts for ages. And it probably is worth the effort.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Lil3MissSarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry to say, I don't lke this at all. This is lip stain is a total fail. I tried it right as I got home from buying it. The felt tip marker ran out of pigment before I could apply to my upper lip so my lips are too different shades if pink. I tried darkening my upperlip but the color did not budge from the marker. The balm at the end of the marker broke off upon contact with my lip. Such a shame since I was looking foward to wearing this beautiful shade for graduation. Oh well...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by CarmenLacey

I'm not a great fan of the packaging because the marker starts to gets yucky and starts to dries out within two weeks or so. It is helpful to put on say two layers or so as the colour will just show more and give a better effect or natural lips and whiter teeth. The balm is handy as it helps to moisturise my lips after I apply the stain. This product is a good investment for me. But I may replace this with the New Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stains. xo

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by agata87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The product looked lovely on the lips of celebrities in photos, but frankly it is hard to work with. You have to put in extra effort to make the color appear. Time that I don't have. I don't see myself using this product anymore. I don't know why I didn't return it in the first place, especially since it was expensive for a lip product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by casell

this product really lasts long! perfect for girls who wants natural looking and long lasting stain. :)
i always use this under my lipstick whenever i'm going to events so that when my lipstick rubs off, i still have that gorgeous color on my lips.
the lipbalm is okay. it just depleted faster than the stain.
definitely gonna buy just bitten again, but another shade.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the worst lip products I have EVER used. This was relatively expensive ($13.99 CAD) for a drugstore lip product and I still wouldn't use it even if you gave it to me for free. Now, I rarely hate products, but I just can't bring myself to like it. However, the only positive thing I can say is that it does give a relatively decent stain to your lips and it's pretty pigmented.

BUT, with that being said, this is just an crappy overall product. I've heard people complain about the balm end falling off but I haven't had that happen. The balm part is nothing special but what urks me the most is the stain end. It has a horrible marker smell and it applies very unevenly. It also dried out my lips almost immediately, even with the balm on top of it. I'm kinda pissed at myself for even spending money on this product but you can't always win.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Aoc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Great colour and lasts!

This pink (Passion) is a great contrast to my dark hair. It also makes my teeth look much whiter than they are!

The stain marker is quirky and everyone always asks what it is when I am applying it.
Whenever I wear it, I always get compliments (even from my other half!)

The stain has lasted really long, have it almost a year and it has yet to dry out completely although the balm ran out really quickly. I now use a little pot of Cocoa Butter Vaseline on-top for shine and to condition my lips.

For a stain, it oddly doesn't make my lips feel really dry and the colour takes really well.
No transfer whatsoever.
I have eaten, drank, kissed, brushed my teeth with this stuff and it will still be there after!

I am quite the penny pincher so I decided to try cheaper lip stains, thinking they would give a similar result but they were useless in comparison to Revlon! I tried Boots 17 lipstain (Berry Crush), 3 different shades of the Catrice lipstain as well as the Maybelline one, to no avail!

I love this stuff! If only it came with more balm!

Pros:
Non-transferable
Great colour
Non drying
Lasts ages!
Affordable
Happy boyfriend doesn't have lipstick face!
No nasty stains on my teeth!
Easy to use
Quick!

Cons:
Very little balm
Not a whole lot of shades in the range (although the ones available are really nice)