April 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - Eclat Miracle

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Dannigiirl

Wonderful illuminator! Works wonders for a natural glow! I use this with my foundation. I use it several ways. One way is that I mix a little of this with my La Base primer. The second way is sometimes I will mix a little with foundation. The last way is I will just apply it over my foundation on my cheek bones (highlighting areas) when I want more of a glow. All I can say is AHHHMAZING! A little goes a long way, expensive but worth every penny and lasts and lasts!! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Like another reviewer said before, I bought this product and it sat in a drawer at first. I found it nice as an all over luminizer under my foundation, but I need more surface correction from a primer because of fine lines/pores. On the days I could stand another layer under my foundation, I did use this over my primer but under my foundation to give my face a very subtle glow...but some days I just couldn't stand the extra layer. It is not heavy at all, very light in fact, and VERY watery. Make sure you shake that puppy good, or you'll get a seperated watery mess! I suck at using liquid highlighters over my foundation so I have not used it that way.
FAST FORWARD 3 months...in a grueling hunt for a new HG foundation, I had become quite frustrated and hopeless. Recent changes in my health have lead to big changes in my skin...and NOTHING seemed to be agreeing with me. I finally found hope in Chanel's Perfection Lumiere, as it was long wearing and wasn't drying or mask like...BUT it was a matte finish...my makeup enemy! I was horribly disappointed when this foundation worked in EVERY aspect except the finish made my face look flat and dull. Then one day I remembered I had stashed the Eclat Miracle...and also remembered seeing a review here on MUA about it being mixed with foundation. I mixed a drop of this product with one pump of Perfection Lumiere...and TADAAA!!!! All the awesomeness I could want in a foundation!!!!! It didn't affect the long wearing properties of the foundation, and I found it made it a bit sheerer and it also seemed to spread easier. It still had a somewhat matte quality, but the flatness and dullness were gone and in their place was a glowing (but not shiny, glittery or greasy) complexion! I have since mixed this with many of the foundations I had accumulated along my quest, only to get great results then as well. I couldn't be happier about purchasing this product...when at first I thought I was going to regret it. I love that sort of surprise! I had also racked up a few Guerlain foundations that although gorgeous, I had deemed unwearable because the lightest shade was too dark for me. However, when mixed with the Eclat Miracle, they become light enough for me to pull off in the summer months...what a relief! That could also be a word of caution too, because I have found that mixing this with certain foundations will lighten the shade ever so slightly...which usually isn't an issue with me and my paleness ;) In summary, I have found this to be a wonderful product with many possibilities...and if I ever perfect my technique with liquid highlighters, I suspect this would be beautiful in that respect as well. The only reason I took off a lippie was because the consistency can make it a bit messy to work with...but it also makes the product sheer enough to mix with all different kinds of foundations...so it sort of works to it's advantage too. I have mixed it with everything from liquid foundation to long wearing foundation, to things with thicker textures like Bobbi Brown's Extra Repair foundation and D&G's Perfect Finish Creamy foundation...it always results in a very flattering finish. I also found it takes the "chalkiness" out of a few of the "aqua" formulations (at least for me). I can now wear my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and Guerlain Parure Aqua, both of which sat unused in my vanity drawer because they dried to a chalky finish on my aging combination skin...so I think it's safe to say this product has already kept me from throwing a ton of money down the toilet. It does have quite a pearly appearance when it's first dispensed from the tube, but don't be alarmed, it's not at all sparkly, glittery, or "disco ball" like. I also like this because unlike many liquid illuminators I have used in the past, this does not emphasize large pores or imperfections. I will definitely buy again when I run out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by alexandraxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought it and stuck it in a drawer. Now I ask myself why because it's really good quality.
It's rather pricey, but not that much, especially if you use it as a highlighter on strategic areas, such as cheekbones and outer brow bones. In this case it will last ages!
Despite non using foundation, Iíve tried to apply it as it should, i.e. as a highlighter, and Iím happy with the result. Also in this case you need a very limited amount, otherwise your skin will get greasy, this is what happened to me, at least (I have combination skin).
The texture is fantastic and easy to apply: very light and a bit runny and so luminous, it looks like it's made of thousands tiny mirror specks. It gives my skin a beautiful radiance.
As I said above, it is slightly greasy, which I don't entirely see as a negative quality, to tell the truth. It's moisturizing and doesn't dry out the skin, sth I have experienced with base lumiere Chanel (I posted a review on this).
Let's say that eclat miracle it's ideal for dry to combination skin, but not for oily skin.
I dare say it wouldnít be a good choice for very light or dark complexion.
To my medium one Ė slightly on the rosy side (not sallow) - it gives a marvelous dewy, glow. It illuminates. On very light complexion it could be too cold and create the "ghost effect". And, in my opinion, it is too white for dark complexions, I doubt it would blend well.
It comes in rather soft plastic tube, which is ok. You can dose it all right (shake well before use), but for its consistency - a bit runny - an airtight pump dispenser would have been more suitable, also for hygiene.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by lisa4gail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I mix this product with my foundation and brush it all over my face with a foundation brush. It gives a lovely, illumined finish with no oiliness. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by rsonawane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great Product. Gives an amazing shine to the skin which I thought only japanese girls carry. Good lord the secret is out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by tdhx0

This is my HG. I cannot do my makeup without this stuff!! I put it on first on my cheeks, tear ducts, brow bone and down the nose. Then foundation and the rest of my makeup. Then right before my bronzer and blush, I reapply to cheeks and wow. Just wow ladies. The number one thing I get complimented on us my skin and how glowy it looks. This is my secret weapon. I also use this on photo shoots. The models skin always appears radiant and reflects light beautifully. It's definitely pricey but trust me, it's worth it! It doesn't leave that watermark like most liquid highlighters seem to do. HIGHLY recommend

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by fadexscape

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Primer? Illuminator? Miracle in a tube, definitely. It gives a great natural looking glow without any chunks of glitter found in drugstore/cheaper brands. I usually wear this over another primer since it doesn't do a thing for large pores. I also like to mix this in with my Mac pro longwear since I hate that completely matte look. Best of all, it's oil free so it won't aggravate my oily, acne prone skin. Expensive but very worth it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't planning on buying this but was just sold on the spot to me whilst shopping at Selfridges&co. Very happy with the purchase. Feels amazing on the skin! If applied sparingly in long strokes, it creates a seemless finish. Just makes your face feel so smooth! Not sure whether it keeps my make up stay in place all day. Definitely doesn't as I still need to touch up once or twice at least however I'm sure if I try different methods applying foundation, it may result an even more better long lasting finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I received a good sized sample of this recently and thought big deal, another primer. I've tried about 10 primers and never been wowed until this one. It only takes a little and it adds such luminosity to aging skin without obvious shimmer. It does lend a pearlescense which makes my skin looks so much better than without and improves every foundation I use. It also makes my foundation wear better throughout the day and allows bases to glide over rough and flaky areas. I was so taken with this primer I purchased a full size and that's saying something. It is not scented and it feels weightless. Really if you are a women who is "seasoned" and are discouraged with the dullness of your skin but do not want obvious disco ball, you should try this primer.

Ingredients:Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Magnesium Sulfate, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No