August 27, 2014 | 1865 users online

Blush - Hourglass - Illume Creme-to-Powder Bronzer Duo in Sunset

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by elleforlaura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is super adorable and I love the swirly mirror! The colours are perfect for my skin tone and is really to apply. The bronzer is amazing and it gives me a nice glow that lasts the whole day. Having said that, I don't know if it's me or the product but I find that the blush fades away during the day. Generally, I'm very happy with it and I am definitely considering buying it again after it touches pan - if I don't, it would be because of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by RebeccaC01

I don't really use the bronzer portion of this since I'm too pale but I love the blush. It blends well and drys into a powder finish that doesn't need powder blush on top. It goes well with the Immaculate foundation when I want a finished look. The only thing I can't stand is the swivel compact. I occasionally get it into the product and I just wish it would be a regular compact. I also hope they come out with more blush colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by FrauleinM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After putting on my mineral powder foundation, adding another powder blush looked too cakey so I tried this creamy blush and it's a dream. Really subtle color to the cheeks and the bronzer looks great as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Linda48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I will never use powder bronzers again. This is so easy to build up gradually on my very fair skin, especially with one of Hourglass's lovely soft dense brushes. There's no streaking and it's easy to blend. I just put a series of very soft swipes over cheeks and forehead till I have enough color, and then add a dab of the blusher. It lasts for ages as you need so little.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by AJT711

I always stayed away from creme products but this one is awesome! I apply it with their #2 brush and it looks so natural. It's winter right now and powders can be drying and emphasize dry patches on my face but with this product I don't have that problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I have to admit, I was really afraid of the bronzer at first. It looks orange, and swatches really dark. I went back and forth on this product for a week before I finally gave in and bought it because I couldn't deny all its good attributes, and I'm glad I did.

Packaging:
I love how the packaging is sleek and sophisticated. It's similar in size to a cell phone so its compact which I appreciate. I also love the BIG swiveling mirror that comes in the compact. I use it to apply my eye makeup, and even to check the back of my hair. It looks heavier than it really is, which diminishes its luxuriousness, but, on the plus side, its light enough to carry around for touchups!

Product:
One of the things I was most attracted to was the smooth velvety finish. Its a really wonderful texture. It was also good to know that this product is wax and oil free so it won't clog my pores. There are supposed to be other good ingredients that make it good for your skin so that's an added bonus.

The product is very blendable so no need to worry about streaks. I've been applying it with my fingers and it blends out to a very natural finish. It stays put all day and does not make my skin feel oily in any way. Apparently its also water and transfer resistant.

The blush is a very nice balance between pink and coral and should work on a lot of skin tones. The bronzer gives a really nice warm glow. I was afraid it would be too orangey, but it blends out really nicely. Both colours are VERY pigmented so a light hand is needed. I have very fair skin, and the bronzer is not too dark on me. I'm excited to try it in the summer because I think the colour will look great on tanned skin too.

Overall, I think its a great product with a really unique texture and finish. Even though its a bit on the expensive side I think its a good price since you're getting a blush AND a bronzer. Since the product is so pigmented, you need very little at a time so it should last a while too!

EDIT: I've been using the Sigma Angled Kabuki (F84) with this and it makes the application so easy that it makes me love this product even more. I apply this more heavily now that its summer and it looks gorgeous all day even with the hot weather. I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

I love, love, love this. I'm not a blush person AT ALL. I have pale skin that gets red quite easily so I usually end up looking ruddy if I apply blush or bronzer, but this duo is absolute perfection. I use this product with Hourglass's blush/foundation brush (which itself is a two-in-one product and totally worth the money).

The packaging is luxurious (the top of this sleek compact swivels backwards to reveal a large mirror on the other side). The colors are natural and glowy. The finish is creamy without being shiny and without glitter/shimmer! A couple times I've swiped the cream blush on my lips - it's a lovely pale pink. Personally, I prefer to use these colors separately (the bronzer makes a great blush on it's own IMO), but every now and then I'll use it to contour. Yes it's expensive but it's two-in-one.