Tarte Lip Service Lipsurgence collection

4.6

lovee these! they are moisturising and easy to throw in my handbag for on the go touches of colour. I also love that the darker colours look stunning but the lighter ones can be so natural looking - like bee stung lips.

I quite like this lip stick. Staying power is soso, but the color - adorned - is lovely. Not too shiny. Goes with my pasty sallow skin. Perks me up a bit.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this and overall am not impressed at all.. Only two colors look good on me which are the nudes and the pink ones are too bright for my liking.. I actually prefer Clinique Chubby better.. Sorry Tarte..

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought a set of these thinking they couldn't be much different than a normal lip balm with color, but they are. These are super hydrating and last a long time (4 hours). Natural stuff in them and nothing to worry ingesting.

Tarte always has amazing products and this is no exception. All the colors are pigmented and rich.

My review is on the Exposed Lip Surgence stick. I bought a set, but find myself using primarily this color only. I like the feel, the color and the satin finish. It is convenient and easy to use, travel with and apply without a mirror. I carry it in my purse and in my pocket and can apply it anywhere w/ease. The color Exposed is very neutral and can go with any look. I apply it first thing before any other makeup, so my lips can enjoy the balmy feeling it gives. It's pigmentation is good. It lasts as long as a typical lip color to the lips. It doesn't appear to have any spf in it. Overall, if you like the colors offered, then you may like this. It's on the pricey side for sure, so if you can get it on sale, that would be the way to go. At this point, that would be how I would purchase my next one.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Nice lippie but the only thing holding me back is the price. Too expensive for what it is.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This set is a great deal and it comes in different finishes (mine is the 2012 holiday collection). You get 5 for $34 which makes it less than $7 each. All full sized which if bought separately will set you back by $24 per lip tint.

From sephora's website:
2 x LipSurgence™ Lip Luster in Escape, Sweet
2 x LipSurgence™ Lip Tint in Enchanted, Elite
LipSurgence™ Matte Lip Tint Exposede

If the color is too dark, I just use a light hand and I get a natural, sheer tint. Works well for my dry lips (the only other ones I like are the Sugar Tinted lip treatments). Major plus for me - like Fresh's products, Tarte does not test on animals. Nor do they sell in China which mandates animal testing (archaic, unnecesary and cruel since so many skin and cosmetic products have already been produced without animal testing and have been used around the world by so many people without any problems).

I love this product. I melted them down into a palette. Spo I can carry them all in one place and have a mirror and a lip brush. I liove all the collors,

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like these pencils (very similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks) and the set of 5 was a great deal. However, I really only like two of the colours (the more neutral ones). The bright pinks were much too bright for my liking. Would have preferred a set of all neutrals.

I absolutely love this set! With 5 for $29 they are as cheap as a drugstore lipstick but much better quality. While these are not the most pigmented, they are suppose to sheer, they are very moisturizing and still leave a noticeable wash of color on the lips. I think these are perfect for the winter when lips tend to get dry and lipstick can sometimes enhance the dryness. I'm usually not the type to wear any lip products with shimmer but the luster tints leave just the right amount of shimmer and the glitter is not gritty Overall, I totally recommend these and wish the sets were available year round

Recommended for Medium Skin