September 16, 2014 | 1225 users online

Lipstick - Tarte - Lip Service Lip Surgence collection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I bought a set of these thinking they couldn't be much different than a normal lip balm with color, but they are. These are super hydrating and last a long time (4 hours). Natural stuff in them and nothing to worry ingesting.

Tarte always has amazing products and this is no exception. All the colors are pigmented and rich.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by honu66

My review is on the Exposed Lip Surgence stick. I bought a set, but find myself using primarily this color only. I like the feel, the color and the satin finish. It is convenient and easy to use, travel with and apply without a mirror. I carry it in my purse and in my pocket and can apply it anywhere w/ease. The color Exposed is very neutral and can go with any look. I apply it first thing before any other makeup, so my lips can enjoy the balmy feeling it gives. It's pigmentation is good. It lasts as long as a typical lip color to the lips. It doesn't appear to have any spf in it. Overall, if you like the colors offered, then you may like this. It's on the pricey side for sure, so if you can get it on sale, that would be the way to go. At this point, that would be how I would purchase my next one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by jshuipetitefille

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nice lippie but the only thing holding me back is the price. Too expensive for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This set is a great deal and it comes in different finishes (mine is the 2012 holiday collection). You get 5 for $34 which makes it less than $7 each. All full sized which if bought separately will set you back by $24 per lip tint.

From sephora's website:
2 x LipSurgence™ Lip Luster in Escape, Sweet
2 x LipSurgence™ Lip Tint in Enchanted, Elite
LipSurgence™ Matte Lip Tint Exposede

If the color is too dark, I just use a light hand and I get a natural, sheer tint. Works well for my dry lips (the only other ones I like are the Sugar Tinted lip treatments). Major plus for me - like Fresh's products, Tarte does not test on animals. Nor do they sell in China which mandates animal testing (archaic, unnecesary and cruel since so many skin and cosmetic products have already been produced without animal testing and have been used around the world by so many people without any problems).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by rizariv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product. I melted them down into a palette. Spo I can carry them all in one place and have a mirror and a lip brush. I liove all the collors,

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by kris4life4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like these pencils (very similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks) and the set of 5 was a great deal. However, I really only like two of the colours (the more neutral ones). The bright pinks were much too bright for my liking. Would have preferred a set of all neutrals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jcrsehy

I absolutely love this set! With 5 for $29 they are as cheap as a drugstore lipstick but much better quality. While these are not the most pigmented, they are suppose to sheer, they are very moisturizing and still leave a noticeable wash of color on the lips. I think these are perfect for the winter when lips tend to get dry and lipstick can sometimes enhance the dryness. I'm usually not the type to wear any lip products with shimmer but the luster tints leave just the right amount of shimmer and the glitter is not gritty Overall, I totally recommend these and wish the sets were available year round

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by GMJAG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is amazing! I love the pop of color it gives, adn the smell is even pretty appealing. It gives fresh, natural looking color. As for lasting power, I would say 15-20 mins. tops for how long your color will stay. It is rather creamy, so it doesn't really stick like a lip stain would. But I still like it. So right before making a big entrance, pull this out, lightly go over your lips for some pretty color, and BOOM! You got it, girl! :) It's a little too expensive for my taste. I got this as a gift, and you know how tarte's prices are...so I don't know if I would repurchase for sure. It's a maybe there. But I do think it will last a while, so it might be worth re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by cheriebeary73

This was my first Tarte purchase. Picked up the deal of 5 for $29 at Sephora. It was a great deal, I find they last long time on the lips. I do prefer glossy look so I apply a lip gloss in coordinating color lightly over top of these. I tend to prefer the more neutral shades over the brighter corally/red ones, they just don't look right on me. I like to do my eye makeup more bold, and smokey, so I feel if I wear the bolder lip I look too made up like a freakin clown! I wish they would have done 2 different sets, one with 5 bolds for those who prefer that and a set with all neutrals. Other then that this product is real nice and I would definatley buy the neutral colors again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by shamlet16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ordered this set based on the great reviews, and have no real complaints, other than I really wish the color section would have been a little more varied (and that's the main reason I wouldn't re-buy). As they are now, all the colors are sort of in the corally/peach/pink family. While most of them (except the lightest peach shade, maybe) are flattering on my pigmented lips and NC40 lips, and very moisturizing, I'd love to have seen a plum or maybe brick red shade, just to mix it up some. Other than that, it was a great value (i got it while it was still in stock for Sephora F&F) and i'd consider picking up more of these in different colors (perhaps during tarte's F&F in a couple of days).