August 20, 2014 | 1062 users online

Lips - Avon - Slick Tint in Glossy Rose

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I am pretty sure my last Avon order come from the back of their Warehouse and has been sitting for years and years. I wanted to like this tinted balm but nope, it really is awful! It smells rancid! I mean it smells way too old, but I had to go ahead and try it to see if the smell was only on the top. LOL Yeah like that was it. Nope it stinks all the way down apparently and once I rolled it up, it would not roll back down! Yes it is cheap 69 cents is what I am supposed to pay but I would not pay a cent for this. I am sure if it were good stock that it would be fairly okay looking but I will not repurchase to find out!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by xosandy

I wouldn't repurchase it even for 99 cents. I really dislike the cheap plastic smell. It is supposed to be a "slick tint" and while I do think the color is pretty, application is such a mess and it really dries my lips out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by rawrcatx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I agree with the reviewer that said this tinted lip balm is very underrated. For 99c, it's awesome! I know for some this particular shade won't work because it's a bright-ish pink, but on my lips (which are quite red to begin with) it's a nice, maybe MLBB shade. I was expecting this Slick Tint to be quite sheer- but it's not. You can build it up to full opacity by coating your lips twice.
It's also somewhat moisturizing, which I like- I've had products that just dried out my lips and this doesn't do that. The cons? Packaging and scent. The packaging is, of course, simple for a 99c balm but the way it's wrapped makes it very easy to rip off the entire wrapper when you take off the cap. My entire wrapping peeled off when I took off the cap. The smell is also very plasticky; I wish it was slightly flavored/scented to take away the cheap lipstick smell.
You should definitely get this, considering how cheap and great of a product it is for just a buck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was in the mood for a hot pink lipstick for this spring/summer. I totally forgot I had this in my makeup stash... so glad I found it in time before purchasing a department store brand! For 0.99 cents, it's a bargain! It's the perfect bubblegum/punchy pink that can be soft but build-able in color! With more layers, you can definitely add drama without going down the red lipstick route! I love this color! Although there is a noticeable "lipsticky" scent, it doesn't bother me at all. I really like the unassuming lip balm packaging as well! I have all three shades, this one, the wine, and the opal! Albeit it's not a color everyone could pull off, but it's worth a shot for under a buck and if you're in the mood for a good pink lipstick/gloss. It's more opaque than a standard lip tint, but this is why I love this formula! It's pink love! A staple forever I'm sure. Thanks Avon for helping keep beauty accessible for any babe on a budget... and even if you're not, these products are pretty awesome quality-wise as well:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This little lipstick/gloss/balm is sooooo underrated. I have been searching for the perfect pink - that wasn't a pale icy pink ( have that)and that wasn't really a true full out full coverage lipstick and had a little less sheerness and shine and more staying power than a gloss. This is perfect!!!!!! It is truly a lipstick balm hybrid that feels and looks like a balm but covers like a sheer lipstick and has the finish like a soft gloss. It is a very pretty medium/hot pink that yes, can look to 80's if applied to heavy. I am not crazy about the slight "plastic lipstick" taste so to fix it I apply it over my Avon Flavor savors bubble gum lip balm ( which I adore but its a little to untinted for my liking) to make it taste good and gaurantee non overapplication. I am kicking myself for avoiding it in every single Avon book I have looked at for the past 5 years!!!

It is normally .99 cents its currently .50 cents and am going to order 10 more!!!! If you have tried any of the Slick Tints and weren't happy try them over your favorite flavored balm you may be pleasantly surprized!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

This looks hot pink in the tube, and is a sheer hot pink on your lips.

PROS: Nice, buildable color. Fairly pigmented. Great price (99 cents!). Mediocre at moisturizing.
CONS: Smells and tastes plasticky, and, as one reviewer before me said, it also smells a little like crayons. While the plastic tube itself is decent, the plastic printed wrap over it is not very good (I accidentally ripped it when trying to open the tube). Not very cute packaging. Tastes like plastic.

Overall, won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 4:21:00 AM More reviews by fihe

this stuff reminds me of a crayon: smells and tastes like one, with a bright color you may find in a box of Crayolas. on my lips, it is a nice shade of bright pink. however, I need to make sure it doesn't get around the sides of my mouth or else it'll look like I just ATE a crayon :O overall, I don't mind as long as I keep it within the lines. it's basically a lipstick in lipbalm form.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail pink shade for lips!! I love this color, great for MLBB spring summer. I cant believe it took so long to try it out, but its the perfect warm pink shade for a medium skintone (not a frosty pink most companies make).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by rainbodragon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i threw this into my last avon order and i love it, its the one thing ive gotten from avon that hasnt disappointed me. its so cheap but i love the color. its a little pinker and glossier than a natural lip but not a bright garish pink at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a light pink but still very flattering colour on my lips. It isn't very noticeable, but I haven't used it with a lip liner yet and I'm sure the effects would be different. I usually just slick this on before I go to the gym, it makes me look pretty and natural and the moisturizing factor helps keep my lips from drying out in the extreme air condition. Comes in a red lip balm tube, and at a bargain of 69 cents!