October 25, 2014 | 1701 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Pure Creation (Limited Edition)

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Gizzyxx

Part of 8 of paint pots in the Posh Paradise Collection 2011, Pure Creation is a gorgeous mid-toned blue with a frost/shimmer. Its darker than a sky blue and its lighter than a navy. It had medium pigmentation making it perfect for a light wash and can be layered for a gorgeous deep blue look. If layered you can achieve a lovely dark blue, leaning to midnight blue shade, very pretty – esp for evening looks.

Paint pots (for those who are not familiar with them), are cream eye shadows that can be used as bases for other shadows or just on their own. The majority of ladies can wear these without primers or instead of primers, and they are known to be extremely long wearing. I have oily lids and paint pots tend to crease on me so I have to apply these on top of primers – but I know I am in the minority in this regard.

As with all paint pots it is creamy and not too sticky or gloopy. I apply with a synthetic brush but these paint pots apply well with fingers too. My advice is not to apply too much of this as it may crease or look uneven. If you want to layer do it little by little spreading it thinly, letting it dry and then applying again. If you don’t let it dry its likely to crease later on.

Once these dry and set they don’t budge so correct any mistakes asap!

I tested the wear on this, as I do with anything which claims to be long wearing – I slept with the shadow on and in the morning, it was nice to see that the shadow had not smeared all over my face or anything like that – in fact it was about 70% in tact and had only faded about 30% which I think is amazing on my oily lids….in contrast Armani and Chanel “long wearing” cream shadows did not perform anywhere as well in this test, they faded a lot and they cost quite a bit more than these MAC paint pots. Just shows, once again – paying more doesn’t mean you get better quality!

These paints come in glass pots, so help avoid them drying out. Make sure you close the lid on these securely after each use. 5g is lot for these shadows, as you dont need very much. They are really good value in my opinion!

The closest shadow that I have to this is Shu Umera ME Blue 650, but the Shu is darker than the MAC. This MAC one looks to be similar to a an Illamasqua cream shadow that they do (I dont own it but they look similar by sight).

Paint pots are £13.50 in the UK and $17.50 in the US and you get 5g.

Check out my blog for some pics and swatches:

Hope the review was helpful!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No