November 22, 2014 | 1792 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Rouge Dior 644 Rouge Blossom

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The shade is gorgeous, the consistency is creamy and very smooth. However, the staying power is really bad.

If you like the shade but want a more mate lipstick, Givenchy Le Rouge lipstick # 203 colour is identical but it stays on lips for much longer. If you apply a lip balm with SPF on top (and you should!), you'll get the same creamy colour as CD 644 but with a much better staying power!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I have repurchased this several times and this is the very few lipsticks that i have actually finished. This is a beautiful subtle shade of red which can be worn on an everyday basis to the office, out an about, etc. It doesn't shout 'RED' at all. If you want to start off with reds, I would definitely recommend this one. On me, it leans more warm. I really love this colour and texture of the Rouge Dior lipsticks. They are so buttery soft and smooth. Super hydrating and leaves a nice stain when it fades. I am a Rouge Dior devotee! For reference, I am NC20, dark hair and eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by albrygold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice shade of red lipstick -- not too loud but is still bold. The color lasts all day and, best of all, it doesn't dry out my lips!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

I happened to stumble on Dior's Rouge Blossom 644 by way of a brand new tester at Nordies, when I asked the young man for some samples. Disappointed that he said, "Pardon me?" I said, usually when someone makes a purchase you usually get samples, especially when you blow $150! Well, he gave me 644 in a tiny little tester, unblemished, brand new, and I swallowed, looking at the pathetic little tester. Nonetheless, I remembered my manners, and said "Thank you," and left with just one "freebie."

I happen to wear it for the first time today and absolutely LOVE IT. It is described at Sephora as a berry-plum category. But it looks like a red that a novice or newbie would buy, just short of "really red." So, depending on the light of the day, it casts either pinky-red-coral combination. I found the lipstick buttery and with one swipe, it definitely was QUITE APPEALING. It lasted a good, 4-5 hours without re-application, without drinking, without eating. I lined my lips with a bargain lipliner from Sephora called Sienna which matched it beautifully. ($3 bargain, regular $12). No feathering occurred and it felt comfortable on the lips, with only a slight stain visible on the lips as it disappeared by the end of 5 hours. Most silky, moisturizing lippies slide south at times or just evaporate after an hour or two. Not this one. It made my lips look plumper, as well. I will definitely buy the full size lippie in this color.

I understand Dior did a lot of revamping of the line and before the revamping I adored Star Fuchia as well as Spotlight Violet. Don't know if these are still available or not. But those were my faves in the Dior line. This one will join them!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a shade I am in love with!
It is a beautiful rose-strawberry-red, that can easily be worn for everyday or for office looks and that will compliment your look with femininity, without screaming for attention.

If you are fair-skinned like me (with neutral undertones, red hair) I advise wearing it with something colorful from your neck and below, since it needs some colour close to your face for its beauty to show. Otherwise it contrasts the skin on your face/neck and its horrible. Eg I wear it with a white V-neck blouse and its ewwwww! I can't run fast enough to take it off! But I throw a green / blue / floral blouse and it just brightens my whole face. Put it on the right canvas and it will work like magic! Also, I suspect it would not look so good on my tanned skin. So I will wear it all winter and see how it looks next summer.

It is very smooth upon application, lovely, creamy texture. As with the other Rouge Dior that I have (#999), I do not find it moisturizing or plumping. I really cannot see any difference on my lips. But it does not dry out my lips and it can be a little forgiving to any minor imperfections. It wears out after 2-3 hours of coffee and talking to a nice, even stain, barely there but still detectable. I use one "hand" and I do not need a pencil to line it, neither does it bleed. If you DO need a pencil, the SA matched this to their Lipliner pencil in 833 Acajou (Mahogany). I already have it, it matches beautifully but for everyday use I find it unnecessary.

The packaging is cute, it has survived its journey in my handbag and any scratches it may have (I also keep a nail file there) do not show, at least for the moment. The golden packaging of the YSL Rouge Pur was horrible because of the wearing showing so badly on it.
The cap clicks safely and the bullet does not seem too "buttery" to fear it will break upon application.

The price is high, as is to be expected from the Dior counter, but it is one of the few products I bought whole-price and do not regret it. Plus, I can see myself getting a lot out of it because I am usually good with just one go on my lips.

Finally, I say its a lovely colour for fair-skinned redheads, absolutely adorable. Great quality, very pleasing to wear and will definitely buy again.