MooGoo Fresh Cream Deodorant

3.9

Demineralized Water, Magnesium Hydroxide, Corn Starch, Xantham Gum, Witch Hazel, Organic Lemon Myrtle

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a breast cancer survivor I was cautioned against using deoderants with aluminum in them - which basically covers 90% of all drugstore deoderants - then I heard about MooGoo! It is my lifesaver. I sweat and I sweat even more after treatments, surgeries and now medically induced menopause. I had tried other natural/herbal brands but was very disappointed. MooGoo has been my go to deodorant for 2 years now. It even held up during July in Gulf Shores, Alabama - seriously one of the hottest places in the USA. I will never be caught without my MooGoo deodorant!!

I love this stuff. I had already been using Tom's of Maine natural deodorant for about a year, but I always needed to reapply, and sometimes I would end up smelling worse with the deodorant than without. So when I tried this, my body didn't need time to adjust to it as I hadn't used an anti-perspirant for a long time.

Let me tell you... as someone who sweats an embarassingly abnormal amount, this stuff is a godsend. My pits smell like nothing. LITERALLY. It's amazing. The trick with this stuff is you need to let it dry before putting on clothes, so I put it on pretty much right when I wake up (or after shower), and am wearing a sleeveless shirt. I will then go about my morning and get ready for work so that it dries by the time I have to get dressed. But I have been using it for over a week now, and haven't needed to reapply it during the day.

Granted, it is only spring, and this hasn't faced the true test of endurance (40C australian summer days anyone??), but I will update once the season rolls around.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have not had any staining issues like some have claimed. Overall I am happy with this deodorant - it does control odour pretty well for me and I use it twice a day. Although I don't stay odour free *all* day, I find this to be much more effective than the anti-persperants and other deodorants I have tried. Great that it is free of aluminium also.

Pros: smells nice enough, doesn't leave a strong scent on your clothes and it definitely works well

Cons: it has stained my clothes white (and dabbing with a damp cloth wasn't enough to get the stain out) and it left residue on my skin, so not good if you're wearing something sleeveless.

Since I bought it I'm going to keep using it until I finish the bottle and see how it goes. Perhaps I've just been applying too much since I wasn't sure if it would work. If that solves the problem, I'll definitely repurchase as I've tried Salt if the Earth, Lush solids, Jason, and Dr Organic aloe Vera and none worked as well as this. If I can't sort out the residue issue I'll be switching to a differently scented Dr Organic one.

Unfortunately this smells delightful but stops working quickly, leaves residue on the skin and actually makes you smell worse later :S

I love everything else Moogoo though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I LOVE THIS DEODORANT! I've become more conscious of what goes on my body as we absorb so much from our skin. I don't like the thought of absorbing aluminum in normal deodorants which could possibly contribute to Alzheimer's!

I have tried OTHER natural or organic deodorants. Those crystal ones which claim to have no aluminum still do! The crystal part is the aluminum. I also tried Desert Essence's deodorant but it didn't work as nice as this one.

This one works very well. Yes it's not as effective as the aluminum deodorants but it works very well in minimizing the sweating and preventing odor. I've never had anyone tell me I smelled or felt like I was too sweaty. This does an excellent job and I have gone through 2 of these deodorants. This is my HG deodorant now.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I foundit kinda scary how aluminium in deodorants may have some unpleasant effecs and didn't like the idea of it in my breasts. So I tried this. It didn't work very well at first, I had to reapply constantly and I still kinda smelt. However I heard when switching to a natural deodorant you have to wait for the ducts to become unclogged and adjust. It works alot better now, however on really hot sweaty days you may need to reapply, as I found myself getting slightly smelly throughout the day. I don't know how it would go for someone who sweats alot or tends to have bad body odour and need to use really strong deodorants though. It smells quite nice too, sweet and lemon like without smelling artificial. I don't like how it can leave white stains on clothes though, although you can't really see it cos it sticks to the inside of your clothing. But if you put it on and then get changed it can sometimes transfer to the front. It washes out easily enough, just a little annoying. I like being aluminium free but have found another alternative.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't routinely use deodorant as I don't have a bad BO issue. It is however nice to use this product as I find it refreshing. I have an active job and workout 5-6 days a week. I find that it helps to reduce the perspiration of the armpits. Pity the rest of me sweats - darn my efficient body cooling system.
It's great that it does not contain aluminium, I used deodorants that contained aluminium and found that it has left dark marks on my armpits.
If you don't use it for awhile, the applicator can get stuck. I find that it can leave white marks on your clothes but nothing that can't be fixed by giving the bottle a good shake and waiting an extra 10 seconds for it to dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To be honest, if you are looking for a deo that is anti perspirant, this is not the product for you.
But, the reason why I don't mind this product is that it does not make me stink alll day, no matter how much i sweat (gross, i know).
It does take a while for it to settle into your skin, and when it does it leaves back a white residue so beware, but i take a tissue and verylightly dab it.
Also has a refreshing lemony scent to it, which is light as well.
I do admit that this product is nothing to shout about and I feel like it doesn't make that much of a difference of me applying deodarant since i sweat but i just don't mind it because it doesn't me stink and "dries" my armpits even after the hot summer heat takes me over so I don't have a residue of sticky sweat building up. And since it is aluminium free, my skin is happy.

There was only one other review on here for this product and it was a negative one, so I just wanted to put my two cents in so there's another view available..
I have to say I really was quite surprised when I received this and tried it out. I didn't expect it to work at all being an all natural aluminium-free deodorant however I was pleasantly surprised. I have been using this for about 2 months now and have not used my old aluminium deodorant since. This has worked well for everyday use, I put it on after my shower and in the morning before work. When I come home at the end of the day I do not smell any BO, however I do have a desk job and don't really do any strenuous activity. It may not hold up as well during exercise or in mid-summer heat? I've been using it through winter and I find it works just as well as any other chemical-ridden deodorant during the cooler months, not sure about physical exercise or summer yet but I will keep you posted!
I think either way, it is good to give your body a break from constantly absorbing chemicals and aluminium in that area, so even if this is just my winter deodorant I'm happy and will repurchase as it works much better than any other aluminium-free deodorant :)

Top Rated MooGoo Products