October 21, 2014 | 1764 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Positively Ageless Reconditioning Night Cream

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

Product - I wanted a moisturizer to wear at night, something without SPF. The sunscreen-y smell of my everyday moisturizer (SPF 42, bought on a whim) was more than I could take. So I picked this up. I detect a faint scent to it, but it dissipates quickly. Feels nice. It's light and creamy, lighter and less viscous than a typical lotion or gel but not intentionally airy/fluffy like a mousse or foam. Soaks in completely without residual greasiness. Labeled as a night cream, but since it's lightweight and soaks in so well I actually use this in the morning on occasion too (before applying TM). UPDATE - I've been using this for 5 months now and just realized that I haven't had any mid-afternoon t-zone oiliness while using this!

Comparisons - I know there is a listing for the Positively Ageless Night Cream. Maybe it's been repackaged and/or reformulated, since there is now a Restructuring Treatment Cream and a Reconditioning Night Cream...

Packaging - Not a huge fan of the packaging, which is a rounded beige tub with a slightly smaller round screwtop dark brown lid. (I had an Aveda product ages ago, with similar packaging, but the screwtop lid also had a fliptop built in - very convenient!) If it must be a round jar, then I'd prefer the sidewalls to be straight and even with the lid, so I can get at the last dregs without having to use my fingertips like a spatula under the lip of the jar.

Overall - The price was about $18-19, which seems kinda high to me, but then again everything seems to be costing more nowadays. Wow, I sound like an old frump. No wonder I need night cream now. :) Definitely would buy again. continued >>