October 23, 2014 | 1207 users online

Fragrances - Penhaligon's - Juniper Sling

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Really pricey but smell's really really crisp and clean! It has a long staying power and a little already goes a long way! Preferred not to buy this one again though because I have other favourite Penhaligon's scents as my go-to's.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

A multi-faceted experience on me. First gin and tonic, then cheesy socks before it gives way to something cool, serene, herbal and very slightly sweet. I can't make out any notes but it somehow resembles Angeliques sous la Pluie (I've read something about this on Perfume Shrine too) - though that one was too warm and messy on my skin. I'm a book translator and I imagine that I could work well with wafts of this final stage. But I'd have to think about the cheesy socks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by babydials

4.5 - This is a very unusual scent. It starts out Gin & Tonic. At around the 45 minute mark it disappears completely and you give up on it. Another hour goes by and it comes back a completely different scent. You catch pleasing wood and musk notes with a touch of sweetness, but nothing cloying. Strange, but I like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I spoke to someone who worked on the marketing campaign for this one and he told me that the working title was 'gin'. This is exactly what the topnotes smell like - a really good gin and tonic made with Bombay Sapphire gin and amalfi lemons. As you wear it though, it changes into something much more complex and aromatic with a brown sugar note which never overpowers, but does sweeten up the musky drydown. Sillage is pretty good, as is the staying power. This one is marketed mainly at men but it could be a unisex classic, especially in the Summer. It smells very understated in an expensive way. I love how it smells on my dh and may just have to steal a little now and then. I have taken one lippie off and I don't think this would work very well in wintertime, but I am just being picky.