N.Y.C. High Definition Volume Mascara

Price: $

on 11/26/2013 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Well well well, this is a pretty great mascara. Definitely underrated. It hides in NYC section, among the cheap 1.99 mascaras. But don't be fooled, because it's pretty awesome. The wand is the most interesting part, its a small silicone wand, but one edge has a slightly longer comb part. It's fantastic for separating lashes. I found it gave me good volume and good length. It was buildable and didn't flake or smudge (and I put a TON of mascara on). I think I paid 3.99 for this CDN at Target… so super cheap, and I think it's comparable to Buxom Lash or Telescopic (my favourites). I also found that it came off SO easily. I use Bioderma micelle solution, and this comes off the easiest of any mascara I've ever used.
So glad I decided to try this, what a good little find!!

on 1/17/2012 2:54:00 PM

I'm almost 62 so I've had about 48 years of trying every makeup brand there is on the planet. Now that my funds are limited, I've been trying some of the cheaper drugstore brands and I've got to say, this N.Y.C. brand is pretty darn good. The mascara is just as good as Almay or any of the other mid-cost drugstore brands and it's 1/3 the price. I haven't noticed anything different about it than anything else I used to buy! I highly recommend it, if you're on a budget. It doesn't streak and it washes off just as easily as anything else I've tried. Really, I can't see any difference at all except that I save quite a bit of money!

on 10/3/2011 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although my favorite mascara has traditionally been Maybelline Full 'n Soft, I quite like this one, also. It is fairly wet and very black. Separation is good on the first coat but some clumping occurs on the second coat (even done quickly). My lashes appear more spiky than with Full 'n Soft (but more dramatic), and the product definitely leaves the lashes much more stiff. I give it high marks for not flaking or smudging. Full 'n Soft does have a tendency to flake. N.Y. C. removes as easily as most non-waterproof mascaras. It is certainly superior to many of the higher-priced mascaras. EDIT: I have decided this mascara leaves lashes stiffer than I find acceptable but I will use what I have on hand.

Popular Mascaras