October 20, 2014 | 1971 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

People seem to either really love or really hate Voluminous False Fiber Lashes. I'm picky about mascaras because I wear contact lenses & I have sensitive eyes. The first thing I noticed with this is that it is ophthalmologist & allergy tested, which I appreciate; despite that, it's not flake-free or fragrance-free like it claims. But, because I love this mascara so much, I deal with it because it's such a good product physically. The curl, volume, & length it gives my eyelashes is so amazing, I'm willing to overlook the fact it's not allergy-friendly. I don't like that it doesn't hold up to any of its claims besides being smudge-free & making my lashes voluminous. This clumps, flakes, it is fragrances, & (to me at least) it's not suitable for sensitive eyes & contact lens wearers.

If you apply more than one coat, you'll definitely get clumps (spider eyes) & that'll inevitable lead to flaking. I know it's weird I'm giving this 4 lipsticks even though I've been doing nothing but listing all the negatives—it's because of how amazing my lashes look when I wear this. I've only got one or two other mascaras that make them look as good as they do when I have this on & because of that, I'm literally overlooking all the issues with it until I can find another mascara that does the same job this does in regards to how look my eyes look when I wear this. I have such sensitive eyes, yet have two tubes of this mascara & the matching eyeliner… that's seriously how much I like this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Liked it when first used it, lengthened and volumized, but it would goop my lashes together into one middle lash and irritate my eyes. I ended up returning it to Rite Aid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by ehetho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this so sooo much. Would recommend it to absolutely anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by prtyleprd90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love L’Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes- it’s the only mascara I use (I’ve tried others but always came back to this one). I love the sleek, Gold (my absolute favorite metal) container, the amount of formula in the container, the size of the wand and, of course, the extremely black color. But, my absolute favorite thing is how this mascara truly adds length, volume, and some fullness giving the appearance of false lashes or long thick natural lashes. I naturally have long thick black lashes and this mascara emphasizes them wonderfully. I apply 2-3 coats back to back (while each coat is still wet) and do the same to the other eye. I don’t experience any flakes unless I try to apply more layers when the preceding layer has already dried. Also, I find the mascara easy to remove with my Equate Original Makeup removing wipes. Overall it greatly accentuates, is non-irritating to my eyes, easily accessible, and at $7-$8 I haven’t found a better mascara that can rock with the overpriced, department store brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by LouWithPeace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The fall out ruins this mascara.

It looks good when first applied. Throughout the day, however, it would flake all over my face. I'd have black dots in the oddest places. When I tried to remove them they would just smudge into my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by VirtualNancy

This mascara is really bad. When I use it there are flakes everywhere and it climbs a bit. The mascara breaks my lashes. The only pro is that it kind of extends my lashes longer. Definitely won't buy again. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i loved this mascara up until the moment i tried to take it off. Dont get me wrong it gave me length - volume - that nice flutter in my lashes i love. It almost looked like it was adding lashes for me my only problem with it was it didnt come out as black as i had hoped seeing how i had gotten it in blackest black. Fast forward to the end of my work day to my disgust i had raccoon eyes i do have oily eyelids so that can play a part in it but it was a lot. When i tell you it took me almost three days for this mascara to completely come off im not joking - i used cleansers and soaps galore even after showers it was still on and to top it off when it was finally gone i had lost so many lashes :(
disappointing because it had potential

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Disappointed. I have average lashes, most mascaras work for me. I had this in the color "blackest black", the waterproof version. First off, this flakes like crazy. secondly, I have watery eyes and this smeared all over my concealer on my bottom eyelid. Thirdly I didn't like the brush. The bristles were stiff and twisted in a bunch of directions, made getting close to the root of my lashes uncomfortable. I took it back to the store and went back to my clinique high impact

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ElleeA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lashes are long and I do not wear fake eyelashes so I tried this product to see if it would give me that false lash effect and it did! For a product at this price I would say it works very well. Normally I use MAC mascara but I needed to get something quick without going to the mall and I am very satisfied with the results. It washes of very easy for me and to avoid clumping be very patient and careful when applying. It definitely extends your lashes. I definitely would recommend this product because of the price and results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by bujiyama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't a mascara person until now. I have had long dark eyelashes my whole life, and then menopause began to hit. My eyelashes have become sparser and need some help. Ouch! So, I've been trying different mascaras. Got this one after reading "How to Look Expensive" by Andrea Pomerantz Lustig. She mentions the "tubing" quality of L'Oreal mascaras and how they stay put but easily wash off. After over-scrubbing to remove waterproof varieties in other brands, this is a valuable quality for me. So I tried this without expecting much.

I'm happily surprised and LOVE it! My lashes are now volumized to look even better than when I was younger, and there's no smudging. No clumping! Not waterproof, but that's why I got it. Easily washes off with normal face cleanser. I will repurchase.