October 23, 2014 | 1170 users online

Hair Removal - Shaveworks The Cool Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by francie197

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample size of this product and, having tried similar products in the past, had low expectations. Imagine my delight at the results! I really like this product for two reasons. First of all, it really does take away ugly razor burn and redness from shaving. I am very pale and tend to have rosacea, so my legs can look red and irritated after shaving. This product seems to prevent that from happening. Secondly, it makes my legs super-smooth and seems to slow down regrowth. I am finding that I do not have to shave as much. A little goes a long way, so after a few months' use I still have a lot of the sample size left, but I did purchase a full-size bottle. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second tube of this. I love it so much!

Its a medium consistency gel that heals razor burn in a swipe and aids in the healing process of ingrown hairs. It may sting initially, but its really quick and not that bad. If your sensitive to pain you might want to be aware of that, but I guarantee its not even moderately painful. The itchy feeling of razor burn is immediately gone after one use. If you use it after shaving, it does help prevent ingrown hairs too.

You don't need a ton of product, it spreads easily. A little tube lasted me just about a year with regular use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cool fix is light blue gel/lotion that contains glycolic acid and salicylic acid. Also contains Boerhavia Diffusa root extract which is listed as being an strong anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. This does help eliminate irritation and ingrown hairs from shaving. Has a delightful, light scent. Contains alcohol so there might be a bit of an initial sting. This works the same for me as the less expensive B & C skin tight, so I will prob. stick with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by spiffingly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had in-growns, bumps and small scars from picking out in-growns in the bikini region for months now, but after maybe 2 weeks of using The Cool Fix, they're all gone.
There's a slight burning sensation upon application, but it only lasts for maybe 2 seconds. Smells like sunscreen and feels like aloe.

I haven't tested it out on my legs yet, but I'm definitely keeping this lotion around.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I got this as a sample from Sephora. I thought it was designed for women to use on their bikini line, but it's actually for men to use on their faces. I had some really bad ingrowns and razor bumps along my bikini line, and they are just so ugly, so I thought I would use this to make them go away.
I really didn't notice much success with this. My ingrowns and razor bumps were a bit better, but they by no means did not go away completely. I found it to be very irritating and it stung like crazy. When the ingrowns and bumps went away on their own, I used this immediately after reshaving (in ope to prevent them) and again, it stung so much! My eyes teared up.
I won't buy this in full size. It was worth a try, but I'll leave this to the men.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by TashM84

The best razor bump solution I have ever used. I am an African American female with hereditary male pattern facial hair growth.I shaved my face everyday and had the WORST razor bumps along with scarring until I started using this stuff. Ive seen a great difference and I still shave everyday!!! Most of the ingrowns are gone with about 3 weeks of use. Better than Skin Tend and Skin Tight. Got it at Sephora along with the Jack Black Beard Lube that I shave with. Stings a little but worth the clear skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by ari496

I got this as a sample from Sephora. I love it so much! It prevents and gets rid of all ingrwons, anywhere, so quickly. There's no redness or irrtation, and it doesn't sting. It works so well, I can't live with out. This is such a necessity.