November 23, 2014 | 1561 users online

Hair - Remington - S9951 Shine Therapy Frizz Control, Humidity Resistant Ceramic Flat Hairstyling Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by monarose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many, many hair straightening tools over the years, but this Remington Frizz Therapy flat iron is by far the best one I've ever used! I have a very full head of thick and frizzy, long hair. This flat iron not only makes my hair super straight, it also lasts and lasts, even in hot and humid weather! It's very easy to use and never gets caught in my hair. It has adjustable heat setting, can go up to 430 degrees, which I really like. At first my fingers kept pressing the heat setting buttons by accident, but after one or two uses, I got used to where to place my hand. I've been using this flat iron for almost 2 yrs now and have even bought a few spares, in case it gets discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by misshillary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aaahhhmazing flat iron! I've been doing some research on the best flat iron and came across this one. I am soo glad that I did! Just bought it tonight and I am soo amazed at the results. My hair is super straight and shiny...also soft and looks great! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This flat iron gets my hair really straight, even straighter than my Sedu flat iron; however, it does damage the hair over time, which I don't get from the Sedu curling iron. Honestly, my hair still reverts if the humidity levels are really high no matter what iron I am using, and I have used several brands. Also, a must have to keep my hair smooth is Matrix Sleek Look Shampoo and Conditioner Duo (33.8 oz). This product is a dream come true for unruly hair that does not want to cooperate.

S9951 Remington Pros:
*Straightens hair very well, and it typically lasts longer than when I use my Sedu (my hair is natural- no relaxer, and very frizzy)
*Makes the hair shine.

Cons:
*The flat iron tends to pull strands of hair out if you try to flat iron large sections of hair at a time. You have to do very small sections to avoid snagging the hair.
* The flat iron really does not get as close to my hair roots as I would like. Blow drying my hair with a comb attachment has been great at getting my roots straight.
*Damages the hair more than other flat irons.