L.A. Looks Nutra Curl Moisturizing Gel

3.3

Aqua (Water), PVP, Polyquaternium-11, Carbomer, Panthenylethyl ether, PEG-11 avocado glycerides, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl propanol, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Methylparaben, Propylene glycol, Disodium EDTA, Benzophenone-4, Methylisothiazolinone, Parfum (Fragrance)

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

My hair is fine, thick, 2a-c, bleached/colored, and about bra length. It hates this gel. I usually have very soft hair, especially after a coconut oil soak, and this gel makes it feel rough and gunky. I tangle easier with this gel. I have to use a ton of it to actually hold my curls, so much that it doesn't crunch away and looks terrible. Using a small amount to avoid the soaked-in-gel-look only works at the very ends of my hair and makes the top poofy. 2 lippies because it was cheap and smells alright.

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

This gel did not work for me. I have 3b curls, natural salt and pepper color (have not colored in 7-8 years), shoulder length hair when curls are dry. My hair looked bleh; the curls did not retain definition all day, and my hair seemed flatter overall. LA Looks Sports Gel I use regularly, a few times per week, and I get better results with it so I am sticking with that product. I ended up throwing out the big bottle of Nutra Curl. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this gel on sale at a discount store. It's a huge bottle for very little money, so price-wise it's a good deal. I bought it based on the reviews here and on some other sites. I have colored, curly, dry hair that really needs moisture or the frizz will appear. I had high hopes for this gel. Unfortunately, after using this gel over well-conditioned hair, it left my hair dry, flat, and without volume. It was okay after blow drying and scrunching and I was actually quite pleased, at first. After a couple of hours, my hair felt super dry and there was little volume to speak of. It wasn't super frizzy, but it wasn't without frizz either. My day-2 hair after using this stuff is horribly dry and frizzy. I cannot recommend this gel. Unless you have super oily hair, I would stay away from this gel.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've heard so much praise about this gel and after not even searching for it, I found it by chance at Family Dollar. It is heavily water-based and not as thick as its blue cousin, which is good for my fine, low-density curls. It provides decent hold and tames frizz but when I SOTC, here comes a bunch of flakes. It left a film on my hair too. It's decent but not as great as I had heard.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I feel like you just can't beat this gel for the price. My 3a, fine textured, curls love this stuff! I bought this because my other products just weren't working that well this summer. I use this gel by itself without anything under or over it and get nice curl definition and hold. The gel doesn't seem overly moisturizing, but it isn't drying. For $2.59 at Harmon's it's shocking how well it works! The only negative I have noticed is if I put way too much there is a bit of build up on my hair, but I use palm fulls of the gel and probably go a bit overboard sometimes (product just disappears into my curls, so I tend to really glop stuff on to get good results).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I don't have curly hair, but as I age somehow my hair has gotten wavy. It still has a tendency to frizz as well. I picked this up thinking it would make my wavy hair wavier but actually what it does is provide volume and eliminate frizz without any stiffness or crunchiness. This is $3.99 for a big 20 oz bottle at CVS.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is my favorite gel that I have ever used. I have thick 3C curls so I need something that lasts all day, doesn't make my hair crunchy, and doesn't dry it out either. It's great at taming frizz and it doesn't leave a lot of build up. It's also a great price (I find it anywhere from 2 to 4 dollars) and I love that its in a squeeze bottle as opposed to a jar. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a good, cheap gel to try this.

I purchased this product about 2 weeks ago. I have 3a/3b fine curly hair and I don't like to use a lot of sticky gel. I applied this gel to on top of my Shea Moisture Biotin milk. and under my Shea Moisture Souffle. This gave me great curl formation and made my hair really shiny and defined. I totally love this product the price was really cheap I spent $3 for a really large bottle which was great for the price.

the CON, it gave me shrinkage. I tried to work with the portion for no matter what I got shrinkage. Its not too bad since my hair is pretty long but I guess I will get use to it.

If after a month, I still am in love with it I will be buying at least 2 or 3 more. Usually products that I end up making them my HG end up being discontinued.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i LOVE this gel!!! It smells so good, and doesn't make my hair frizzy. I actually think it makes my wavy hair, curly and pretty. I wet my hair in the sink, put it in a towel for about 2 or 3 minutes, then flip my head over, spray it with Gariner Wave Shaper, and then scrunch L.A. Looks Nutra Curl into my hair. When it dries, it sorta has a wet look to it, or just a scrunched look, but my hair always comes out beautiful. I buy it at the dollar store for about well a dollar hahaha :) The bottle is HUGE too, and it lasts forever. thank god i found such a good product for such a cheap price!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was at Rite-Aid to buy my HG curl gel: Garnier Fructis curl scrunch, and it was sold out! My eyes were drawn to the big green bottle on the bottom shelf, L.A Looks Nutra Curl. Seeing as it was dirt cheap, less than $3 for 20 oz of gel, I decided to purchase. Normally, I spend $3 for 6 oz of Garnier, so this is quite the savings because you get over three times the product for the same price. Overall, it's good stuff, I like the smell--fresh and fruity, and it does not leave my hair too crunchy. However, it gives more "crunch" than the gel I normally use, so maybe I will use less next time. The definition it gives my curls is truly beautiful for such a cheap product, they look really well defined and frizz free all day! The reason why I took a lippy off is due to the "crunch" factor, I prefer a more touchable hold.

Popular Styling Products