December 22, 2014 | 1743 users online

Lip Gloss - Hard Candy - Tinted Lip Balm - Miss Independent

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by fyere

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm coming to the end of my tube, so I thought I'd review this. 'Miss Independent' looks like a deep berry-purple, and I was disappointed with it at first, because when I started using it it didn't show up as any colour at all on my naturally medium-pink lips. However, I found that as I wore it down and it got softer, it does show up as a deep pink with a couple of coats. After the initial gloss wears off a natural-looking stain is left behind; I actually like the look of this most after a few hours, when I've applied and worn off a couple of coats and it just looks like my lips are naturally flushed rather than shiny with product. It's fairly moisturizing - it made my lips flake a bit, but most things do, so I think that's more me than the balm. I will repurchase if I can find it again, because it's a low-fuss, low-maintenance way for me to build up a bit of colour. You're never going to get the purple look of it in the tube, but it's still nice.
Packaging: nothing particularly special, but the black tube is kind of cute and the lid has never come off in my bag, so I call it a win.
Smell: mild, inoffensive sweet scent, not too noticeable.
Texture: slippy but not sticky, can get a little greasy if warmed up or as you wear the bullet down, medium lasting power.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by BonBonMouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The Hard Candy Tinted Lip Balm in Miss Independent is a deep berry shade in the tube. It compliments my natural lip color and provides a very natural-looking shine without being OTT. It has decent staying power and is moisturizing without feeling thick, oily, or being a hair-magnet.

I have pigmented lips and this is a great bargain compared to the SUGAR tinted lip balms, which can cost eight times more than the HC balms.

I would definitely re-purchase, and I am planning on picking up the other shades as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by ravenbarbie

I decided to give this lip balm a shot since one of the colors really stuck out to me. The one I chose was Lovestruck, which is a bubblegum pink. The packaging is especially cute in true Hard Candy fashion. I can't quite pin the scent of the lip balm, but it definitely has a sweetness about it. I love the way this product glides on my lips. It's not tacky nor heavy, and it does an impressive job with keeping lips soft and moisturized. If you're looking for a lip balm with a lot of color pay off, this may not be something you'd want. It gives a subtle hint of color, which I like because I love to layer a lipstick on top. My one gripe about this product is that you cannot retract about a half an inch of the lip balm in the tube. Therefore, you have to use extra care to not scrape the product against the cap when opening and closing it. Overall, I am definitely pleased with this lip balm and will be purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

Picked this up on a whim while shopping at Wal-Mart recently. Hard Candy's flashy packaging always gets me and I am often disappointed with the actual product. In this case, I could not completely remove the outer plastic wrapping protecting the product from being tested/tampered with in the store. While I applaud the use of a sealing wrapper on any makeup product, I hate having to spend minutes trying to peel it off. I have yet to completely remove the plastic, thus ruining the "flashy packaging" I was so fond of. As a lip balm this is an okay product. I bought the "miss independant" shade which looked to be the darkest red-pink color in the line but it barely shows up on my lips. It moisturizes and keeps my lips hydrated as I talk on the phone, and it has a slightly fruity taste. It had a "New" sticker on the tube but I'm not sure when these came out as I don't shop the MU aisle at Wal-Mart very often. I would not buy this again as I prefer other lip balms over this and I prefer a little more color on my lips when choosing a tinted lip balm. Don't waste your money on this one, even though the tube is cute.