Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose

4.1

on 5/4/2015 4:39:00 AM

My absolutely favorite perfume. I always get lots of compliments when I wear it :) very warm sexy scent

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was at Sephora sniffing around like I always do, and just nothing really turned me on, until I tried this at the end of the counter. I used to love Stella, but it's in a new bottle, and it might be re-formulated, but this kind of reminded me of it. I love a nice sophisticated rose that isn't too in your face ROSE. This is just beautiful with plenty of juicy blackberries, fresh rose, and lots of fleshy musk with cedar in the base. The heart notes with my chemistry are very similar to "Roses Musk" by Montale, yes, very VERY similar. I love it! I usually will buy a perfume when I feel as if I can wear it in any situation, night or day, and in any season. This is just so lovely, I can't imagine anyone hating it. And it has amazing sillage and longevity!

on 9/24/2014 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wine captured and turned into parfum. It intoxicates, mesmerizes, addicts. It's full bodied and sweet but not heavy or cloying. It lasts for hours and the dry down lingers and is so feminine. Free spirited and so original - it can be worn all day and night and into the evening... any season really. It may possibly turn into a signature fragrance! I have never owned a fragrance like this one. Just like the original Tresor, this one is an original of its own as well. I don't really get the name "Midnight Rose" nor why it is even a flanker of the original. They are completely different! I think this one should be called "Coquette" if I could me the master name maker at Lancome!!!!;) It is romance and flirtation. I was back and forth a lot among all the fragrances and it took me a good month to decide which one I liked the most - and this was the one, and no regrets! I haven't been this enamored with a fragrance since Chanel's Eau Tendre. This one is so different than what I am use to wearing. I was helping a client the other day, and she said "What is that smell? It smells so good!" It was this little magical elixir:)

This is a surprising fragrance. If you do not give this fragrance a chance and stop merely at the top notes, sure, it will smell like many other frags out there now. When you smell it from the nozzle or from a tester strip, all you will really get is the berries and blackcurrant. Only when you spray this on your skin... letting it settle and swirl with your chemistry... will you understand. It quickly moves beyond the fruitiness into the heart of the florals... rose and jasmine done right. It dries down to all the above, but with the warmth of musk and vanilla. It will smell a little different on everyone.I love spraying this after my bath before I go to bed. It relaxes me and I feel so pampered. When I wake up, I catch what lingers of this ... it's soft, elegant, feminine... beautiful. It has that French charm that only Lancome has mastered.

on 7/27/2014 1:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I got this as an unexpected gift from a friend. Normally, I would pass anything that has to do with berries, as I think it tends to smell very young, but I was pleasantly surprised how well rounded and balanced this scent is. This definitely does not have an age range, in my opinion. I don't smell much of rose, which on me can be a bit cloying. The dry down is a snugly musk. Every time I use this scent, it's an instant mood lifter and lasts on me all day. To me this is a going out scent, for day time and night. For office, this might be too exuberant.

on 7/18/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Most of the scents I wear have always leaned on the 'heavier' side so it was a surprise I fell in love with this. Midnight Rose, unlike what its nama suggests, is sweet, light, uplifting and very very suitable for daily wear to the office. I love that it settles down to a subtle lingering scent after 2-3 hours of application. I love it! My husband wasn't impressed when he first caught a whiff of this scent from the bottle, but he had nothing but compliments when I wore it on. I would recommend everyone - young and old - to give this a try. Even if you couldn't love the scent, at least you have to love the cute rose on the bottle!

** EDIT ** Unfortunately I have stopped using this in the daytime because it is attracting insects, flies and what have yous.

on 5/27/2014 3:21:00 PM

I have to say firstly that one review I read said it only suited ladies in their twenties and thirties??? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but those ladies in their forties please don't be put off. I love wearing this during the evening on nights out as I feel it's too sexy for the workplace lol !!! The fragrance is bursting of berries and is so sweet. The smell lasts for ages and have never had to reapply. The packaging is beautiful as well. I would definitely repurchase this fragrance.

on 2/15/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

In this snowy cold weather, this isn't "midnight-ish" (ie, dark) enough for me. And quite frankly, it's not rosy enough either. After lately wearing the wonderful Givenchy Very Irresistible L'Intense (plum, rose, patchouli) -- and Stella, Dior Midnight Poison, Euphoria, and Victoria's Secret Seduction (dark orchid) -- this one doesn't live up to its "midnight" name IMHO -- it's not dark enough. -- or rose enough.

Tresor Midnight Rose is much sweeter & fruitier than the above-mentioned perfumes -- almost like a cross between Stella and Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy -- nice, but just lighter, sweeter, & fruitier than I'm in the mood for. Today, I'm back to wearing Givenchy Very Irresistible L'Intense, which is perfect for being snowed in. Tresor Midnight Rose will just have to wait until the weather gets warmer.

Really pretty bottle. If I recall correctly, I think the face was actress Emma Watson (played Hermione in the Harry Potter series), and it was extremely successful when it launched.

on 2/11/2014 6:54:00 PM

This sort of reminds me of Versace Crystal Noir, only this is a little bit lighter and fruitier. I don't smell much floral; definitely not rose. It's a wonderful lady-like perfume. I have this on order along with the Versace because I couldn't decide which one I preferred. I will probably end up liking both. To me, this is a nice pleasant scent. I think it can be worn during the day, all year around, although I'll probably use it as a winter scent.

I have since received the Midnight Rose in the mail. I'm disappointed. I knew it was light but I didn't expect it to be THIS light. On my skin, you can barely smell it. It truly does pale in comparison to Versace Noir. Some of the notes are the same, I think, but it's no contest--Crystal Noir wins. I'll be returning the Midnight Rose. Too light, too fruity, no lasting power, not enough winter appeal; pretty much not enough of anything.

I absolutely love this stuff. I got a sample of it in Sephora and couldn't wait to purchase. I can see how some would say it could be cloying -- but when applied with a light hand (and in tune with my chemistry), it works beautifully. The top notes are rose and raspberry; the middle notes are jasmine, peony, cassis, and pink pepper; and the base notes are musk, Virginia cedar, and vanilla. It's a wonderfully warm fragrance. The rose is not overwhelming and blends beautifully with the raspberry. However, this is not a typically fruity floral. The musk and vanilla keep it warm and perfect for fall and winter, but the Virginia cedar in particular stands out on me. It's a warm, woodsy, wonderful fragrance that I love to wear in fall and winter (currently in rotation with Gucci Guilty Intense).

This has to be my favorite Lancome sent (other than the orange blossom scent). I love the berry/ vanilla mix. It stays on well, especially if you place it on your pulse points. It's a great buy during the holidays as it usually comes with one of their great mascaras:)

Popular Fragrances