October 24, 2014 | 1807 users online

Makeup Brushes - Laura Mercier - Pointed Eye Liner Brush - Pull Apart

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: August 2014

I downgraded this brush to a 4.

Although the brush tip has held up exceedingly well, the handle started falling apart where it joins together, during use -not where it joins the ferrule, but at the juncture the two parts if handle fit together (it's a travel brush)

This is annoying because it can make application of eyeliner unsteady, and I eventually began to use it without the handle extended, and even though it's not too stubby, it's not what I prefer.

It does stay closed up fine, so, for actual travel, there would not be an issue with it coming apart in makeup bag. But, when put together, the handle is now wobbly.

Depending on ones expectations of longevity of a makeup brush, this might or might not be an issue for you.

I'd estimate I first started having problems with this late winter/early spring of 2014.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

Absolutely, hands down, the best pointed eye liner brush I've ever used! And, as I have worked for many years as a successful artist, I definitely have an opinion about brushes :)

Why I've been fooling around with eyeliner pencils, felt tipped eyeliners, eyeliners that have a brush as the "wand" in a tube of eyeliner, and gel eyeliners with inferior brushes is beyond me (now, of course.... in hindsight )

I switched to LM Tightline cake in the Marine Bleu shade, and honestly can't remember the last time I was so wowed by an eyeliner. In fact, I've probably never been wowed by an eyeliner before!

I do not use this brush to tightline, as I have permanent eyeliner tattooed in my upper lash line. (where tightlining would go) So, I use this brush to draw a traditional line with a flick. It is just perfection—no other words for it.

The pull apart design is nice, because it works as a long handled brush for daily use, but is great for travel too.

There is no downside to this brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the same as the one with the long handle but it has a cap making it convenient for travel.The pointed tip is good for lining the lips precisely