Philips Milk of Magnesia

on 9/11/2014 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin but my t zone is very oily. I tend to use as primer smash box oil free and I like it. Saw online about MOM and I had to try it. Let me say I Love it ! It is not perfect I get oily by the end of the day but I just retouch and use a setting spray and it lasts longer. I prefer MOM over any primer. I have heard it dries your skin if you use it everyday therefore I haven't tried it everyday. I probably use it twice a week for special occasions. I feel like it had helped with my acne. I love this product ! Recommend to anyone with combination skin. ✌️

I wanted this product to work so bad for me. I have acne and heard it did wonders, I tried it as a mask, a spot treatment, cleanser and nothing worked. I really don't have an oily face so I cant say if this product helped. I was disappointing :( I thought I had found the solution to my long term acne.

on 1/27/2013 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is extremely oily, and this product just stopped the shine to about midday. not good.

on 9/2/2012 2:19:00 PM

I love this site so much !! Only here did I learn about the other uses for MoM. What a wonderful product!

I am in mid late 40's, yet still struggle with trying to keep makeup on vs having still-oily skin. I read this thread and decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. I prefer to dab on a very thin layer with a tissue, let it dry and then put on my perfector-base makeup. I still can't quite believe how well it works!

Also, I had just recently noticed that my deodorant wasn't working anymore, like it should. I'd been noticing a slight smell and was just whining about the fact that I'd have to switch to a "clinical deo" (and the fact that it's 3x price of regular deo). I tried MoM for use as a deodorant and OMG, what a miracle it is ! MoM is way better than any clinical deodorant and my $7 bottle (I'm Canadian, so there's no way I could find it for $3 anywhere around here) will last me at least 6 months.

This wonderful product has given me confidence and for such a cheap price !! Thank you, MoM !

on 7/10/2012 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Works well for me as a primer. I have extremely oily skin & this product mattifies it. Ive been using for over a month and havent experienced any breakouts or irritation.

If your skin isnt super oily this may be drying. It also can leave a white residue on ur skin but i apply my powder right ontop and it erases the white residue issues.

on 9/29/2011 8:01:00 PM

I have been using Philips Milk of Magnesia (the white kind, not the pink kind) on a cotton ball in the morning, and putting it on my forehead and down my nose to help with oiliness. I let it dry on my face, and then put on my makeup. This product works pretty well at keeping the oiliness at bay for most of the day. The pink Milk of Magnesia does not work well, but the white Milk of Magnesia works very well for me. I have tried the cosmetic versions of this idea, Philosophy's Never Let Them See You Shine, and Bare Minerals Primer, but neither work for me at all. I am oily within an hour. With Milk of Magnesia I am oil free for a long time. Who would have thought that a product like this could do such an amazing thing, and be used as a skin care product.

Popular Treatments (Face)

Retin A
Lemon Juice
Nerium AD

Top Rated Treatments (Face)