Tom's of Maine Natural Long Lasting Deodorant in Wild Lavender

1.5

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The first time I tried this it lasted all day, and I noticed I sweated less. Then after a few days I sweated profusely right after applying it.thought that was odd. Then after that my armpit had a reaction (red and itchy). I stopped using it for a few months and tried it again after the Jason Lavender deo failed...and it's lasted all day and I noticed I've sweated less. All the different reactions I've had seem so odd. I know people talk about different bacteria reacting differently, and armpit detoxes....who knows. I'm going to use this in the winter, and may try out the crystal deodorants.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am still trying to find an effective aluminum free deodorant that is natural based. This long lasting deodorant is the best one I can find so far. It only smells mildly of lavender but it does last most of the day for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

To be frank, I have extremely sensitive armpits. When I began to use deodorant in about 5th grade, I constantly got rashes under my arm pits. One reaction from Secret caused me to miss almost a week of school and I had to see a special dermatologist and take steroids to fix the problem. I have experienced similar problems since but never that severe since I usually just stop using it and apply a steroid cream. The deodorant I've been using the past few years Degree of all sudden began to irritate me so I decided to try some natural brands.

I was excited for Tom's. One because Lavender is one of my favorite scents and two because it was free from a lot of the ingredients to irritate me. I also love their toothpaste. This was the first deodorant I've ever used that didn't cause any sort of itch, however it did nothing to combat my BO.

I am a female and yes I get smelly and sweaty armpits. This deodorant's smell only masked the smell for a few hours then I would smell like I didn't shower. I kept with it because I'd rather be smelly that itchy but I shouldn't half to apply this every two hours. Yesterday I bought a different drugstore brand I've never tried because I couldn't stand smelling my pits anymore.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I only use aluminum free deodorants, and I used this one for about six months with no problems. I have a job that requires a decent amount of physical labor, and I only use deodorants once a day after my shower in the morning. I actually liked the lavender scent and could smell it through out the day. It is clear which is great because it means no dyes and no horrible white marks on dark clothing. Its about about 5 dollars for a little over 2 ounces; so pricing is not bad for a natural deodorant. It is also available at grocery and drug stores. I have no problems with this deodorant and have already purchased more.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've only used this one day and I can't stand it. It is supposed to smell like lavender but it doesn't really to me and especially doesn't when I put it on. It did not itch which is what I'm after but really smells awful. No thanks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this for the first time 2 days ago and my armpits are SO ITCHY!!! I've never had an itch on my armpits before, so I'm almost 100% sure this deodorant is the culprit. It goes on sticky and doesn't really dry up either. Ugh, totally regret trying this!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Long lasting? No. I used this and after an hour it smelled like I put nothing at all. I do not recommend

Update

I gave it to my husband to use but then he eventually started stinking. I ended up throwing it away. Waste of money

I had Bo all week. Enough said. In the trash it went.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used up a whole tube and never experienced any itch or irritation like some other reviewers mentioned. I don't have bad body odor but my armpits do smell when I sweat. This product keeps me fresh for a couple of hours and I do need to reapply once or twice if the weather is humid and hot or on the days I go to the gym. Overall, just an average product. "No aluminum" is its selling point to me but I do wish it performed better.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This stuff is f-ing HORRIBLE! DO NOT BUY!

This crap irritated my underarms like nothing before! It was really bad and took a few weeks for my underarms to recover. I developed a rash that stung and darkened my underarms also (been applying coconut oil to my underarms every night for several weeks to soothe the area during the night).

If you check out the ingredients, I believe the culprit is ascorbic acid, other people say it is the ingredient 'zinc ricinoleate'. What ever the case is, this natural deodorant has been the worse deodorant I have ever tried (and even if the rash/burn never occurred, this deodorant left me fresh no longer than half the day.

The ironic thing about this product is that I purchased the Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Wild Lavender roll on and have never had a reaction from that one AND it keeps me fresh for at least two days without reapplying (probable the salts). So try the roll on version.

Top Rated Tom's of Maine Products