Frederic Malle Coffee Society

3.0

on 9/28/2011 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought Coffee Society because I liked the scent AND it was much less $$$ than the other 2 I wanted (details to come). I wanted to see how they burned, diffused scent, etc. before even considering the pricier scents. Now I slap myself that I even spent what I did but I think I'm always going to splurge (just once in a great while now) on beautiful candles (my faves still being Cire Trudon and to a lesser extent Annick Goutal. The Astier candles are also nice). Okay, I'll start w/a rundown on the scents: Gardenia ($140!) is absolutely gorgeous, Santal Cardamon ($125) is very nice, Russian Nights ($95) was good-smelled a lot of opoponox in there if I remember right, Saints de Saints ($95) I hated-it smelled strongly of cumin to me. Pkg.: beautiful but quite modern in style and color-a strong red & the inside of the glass is white. It stands out a bit & it's not really my style yet it is quite nice nevertheless. Performance: this is where lippies start dropping. My candle smoked quite a bit even though I know to trim the wick, etc. It did so until it was prob. half-way burned down. It did not burn so well in other respects either-I had to really take time to push down the sides because it never liquified all the way to the edges (I hate that!). It's a very interesting wax, very pliable and rubbery. The Coffee Society ($95) scent also smelled at times like citronellol (sp?) but overall I did enjoy the scent (smells nothing like coffee btw-a bit musky, a lil floral) although it didn't diffuse all that well. So that's my take on the Malle candles. Don't think I'll buy another but never say never. I would like to check out the diffusers next, esp. since they have the Gardenia scent available. Oh & I'm loving the room sprays, esp. the Jurassic Flower!

Popular Candles