October 25, 2014 | 1729 users online

Polishes - Essie - Glamour Purse

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by benchwarmer

According to a description on Amazaon, the Essie Fall 2011 collection was inspired by handbags of the 1940's and 50's. The collection consisted of: Glamour Purse, Lady Like, Case Study, Very Structured, and Power Clutch. I wore Glamour Purse on short nails with a smidge of length. I would describe it as a medium neutral color, not light nor dark. I pretty much stick to light colors only, sheers that I build up to opacity or creme nudes like Sand Tropez and Topless & Barefoot. This was a venture out of my comfort zone to have my nails be more apparent and I was pleasantly surprised. It is the just right hue in terms of it's level of intensity, not too dark for someone like me who shies away from that. I imagined it would be a pure taupe creme but noticed after application (which was streak free and easy, the usual quick strokes method works best) that there was a touch of gray in the hue. Was I bothered by that bit of gray? Probably not, just didn't notice it before hand and didn't anticipate it. I know Chinchilly, Miss Fancy Pants and others have significant gray tones but I seriously hadn't expected there to be any gray in Glamour Purse. I still think it is very on trend that it actually has a bit of gray to it and it's not overly saturated with the gray, the taupe is definitely the predominant hue. I used Poshe over it and won't do that again because I could swear that it made it a shade lighter than it was before I put on the top coat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this shade. It reminds me of Chanel Particuliere, but it's a bit lighter and pinker, and so more feminine. My bottle was a bit thin (as Essie polishes have been lately), which made it a bit more difficult to apply, but I got opaque coverage with two coats. It wore well for a full week, so no complaints there. I don't care for the Essie brush, but I'll put up with it if I really like the shade--like this one. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by missdugu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

glamour purse is the perfect shade for fall/winter. it reminds me of a lighter version of opi over the taupe. it's a really warm and milky cocoa brown, which is really nice if you want to sit in during winter and admire your nails while drinking hot cocoa hahah :) application was gorgeous, 2 coats and you have a glossy and non-streaky finish. definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

Glamour Purse is a lovely warm medium taupe from Essie's Fall 2011 "Carry On" collection. The color is opaque and pigmented - with two coats its slightly darker than in the bottle. This is a great neutral for the office; my SO even noticed that it matches one of my suits! Like another reviewer mentioned, this is similar to OPI's You Don't Know Jacques - but Glamour Purse is lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great neutral gray/brown with a purplish hue. Great application and finish. Part of Essie's "Carry On" Fall 2011 Collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Simoneelise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This reminds me of a lighter version of OPI You Don't Know Jacques, which I also own, but find a bit too dark for me most of the time. This shade works at the office on not-too-long nails. I'd call it a warm, chocolatey medium taupe. Great shade for fall. I've taken off one point because I find the formula is not as smooth as my other Essie polishes. It has more "drag", almost as if the polish were old and starting to thicken. With a second coat it evens out fairly well and a good top coat smooths out any imperfections.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Beautiful neutral brown-grey with the crappiest np formula I've ever tried. Maybe I just got a bad bottle but it was crazy runny, like I was trying to do my nails with colored water. It also chipped if I so much as looked at it funny. Returned, and probably won't touch another Essie np again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful neutral for fall... released in the Purse/Handbag Fall 2011 Collection called "Carry On"

Gorgeous color, goes on perfectly smooth and great coverage (I'd use two coats though). It's a tad darker on the nail than it looks in the bottle.

In the bottle it looks almost identical to Butter London "Yummy Mummy" but Glamour Purse is much darker on the nail.

I would def buy again if I ever ran out. Love Essie polishes!