December 21, 2014 | 876 users online

Candles - Bath and Body Works - Marshmallow Fireside

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the fragrance oil, which is much more economical than candle, i think. My new fav, absolutely obsessed. Not too heavy like some bakery scents can sometimes be. To me, its the nice middle ground.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Lkatz90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a huge fan of the smell of most candles, however I love the smell of this candle as well as "Fireside".

I typically light these candles during times when I am stressed or when I am having a hard time falling asleep. They both do a great job at helping me to relax!

I rate this a 4/5 only because I have not found a candle I love more than Fireside, but this definitely comes in second!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am working my way through my BBW candle stash, and this is a scent I will certainly repurchase. Definitely a comfort scent, perfect for late fall and early winter, but I'm also enjoying it now on an unseasonably chilly, misty July afternoon. As others have mentioned, the woodsmoke element of the fragrance is very muted - there's nothing salty or singed about this scent. Instead, it smells to me like a campfire off a short distance, so that only the sweet, rich aspects are noticeable. And, of course, it has that sweet burnt sugar marshmallow note as well, which manages never to become cloying. This is the scent of being snug and cozy in a remote cabin while frost forms on the windowpanes.

In terms of the technical element, BBW candles generally perform very well, with good scent strength, throw, no smoking, no drowning wicks, and no tunneling if burned properly. The snug-fitting lids for all glass jar candles makes it very easy to snuff the flame without smoke, and the labels are easy to remove for a more attractive look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am SO glad I finally bought this gorgeous scent after putting it off for so long!

I was originally discouraged because many reviews mention this smelling like "smoke" - I despise the smell of cigarettes or anything smoky, so I overlooked it for the longest time. I'd instead describe the fragrance as a light, sweet marshmallow with a woody edge to it, distinctive but not offensive or truly smoky.

I have the new medium size mason jar of this burning at the moment - I only notice the scent lightly when I move around the room or re-enter the room, though this isn't a bad thing as I wouldn't want it to be overpowering. The scent doesn't hang around the room for much more than 10 minutes after replacing the lid. Mine burns perfectly even with no smoke or any residue on the sides at all - I've yet to have a problem with any of the mason jar versions.

Marshmallow Fireside is only sold around Christmas time, though it's the perfect candle to accompany you beyond the festive season on any dreary, chilly winter evenings as it gives off such a warm comforting scent - sweet and a little masculine, ideal since the truly sweet scents can be a little sickly. I'd recommend this to anyone who loves Mahogany Teakwood as you'd probably love this too. I only recently bought the medium size but I've already ordered a 3 wick size from Ebay and hope to make it last!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by metalmynx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This candle is the best! I stocked up this year at the year end sale. The smell is exactly like marshmallows and woodsmoke, absolutely beautiful. I keep an unlit one on my desk at work to give my office a nice aroma. Love it and I hope BBW never discontinues this one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Sarah1325

At first I loved this but after 3 hours of burning it I started to get sick of the smell. It can be overpowering so I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I smelled this at Bath & Body Works after hearing so much about this candle. I must say that I expected a warmer or sweeter scent. I still love Bath & Body Works though. I will not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

After moving back to a city with four seasons, I have become obsessed with finding the perfect candles for each one. This one, Marshmallow Fireside, is the perfect winter scent. I use it alongside my Diptyque Feu de bois and it gives my bathroom or bedroom the coziest campfire, woodsy scent with that sweet kick of vanilla/marshmallow that it needs to avoid smelling too much like a "mandle". (man-candle) ;) To be honest, I could see myself burning this year-round, whenever I crave a fireside scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Jennorrrita

Bought it on sale 2/25 for my mom thinking she would love the scent, but as it turns out it was too strong for her. That's okay, I happily took it off your hands! Love the smell. Scents up my entire living room beautifully. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this scent! It's like a scent-memory of camping. The way your sweater smells after a campfire, with an added touch of sweet vanilla. Sooo good! Wish they'd make this all year 'round.

I have used the 3-wick candle and the wallflowers.