Clarins Instant Definition Mascara

on 9/15/2015 8:20:00 AM

I have been in touch with Clarins today to complain about this mascara - totally allergic to it largely because it doesn't dry properly and you end up with panda eyes and further product IN your eyes which irritates resulting in sore and tearful eyes.
They were so helpful - spoke to Amy who told me that they have discontinued the product after a very short time on the shelf so I guess we can draw our own conclusions. They are sending me my usual Wonder lash - which to me is the best mascara you can buy. I only wish they hadn't stopped making it in Brown!
So still love you best Clarins

on 5/4/2014 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love Clarins face products, so was very disappointed with this mascara. It flaked all over my face, a problem I have only had once or twice with the dozens of mascaras I've tried over the years. I ended up with flakes on my upper cheeks and under my eyes, and sparse blond eyelashes peeking out from beneath what was left of the mascara on my lashes. Very sad; it is expensive, and the packaging is just gorgeous.

on 7/24/2013 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received this in mini size as GWP. The formula is quite thick and dries quickly on the lashes. It creates very long and full eyelashes with a good curl. However, it's so thick it creates very clumpy eyelashes which must be combed through quite well.
There is no noticeable flaking or smudging either.
So if you want definition, DO NOT buy this. If you want volume and length and don't mind the slightly fiddly application and the high price, go for it.

on 2/13/2013 5:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Worst mascara I've ever had. Got panda eyes just an hour after wearing it. Liked the brush though, it made application easy.

on 2/4/2013 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Total waste of money! pretty packaging but makes my eyelashes stick together and clumpy. The formula is super wet, it smudges and smears soo easily.

on 5/2/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This coats my lashes well and I can certainly build it up to crazy fluffy volume. It can get a little flaky later in the day though. The brush is annoying but I can get over that.

on 4/26/2012 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this mascara and it has probably replaced my make up for ever smokey lash as my favourite! The packaging is gorgeous and the way it makes my eyelashes look is incredible! Full, and long, almost like false eyelashes! My only problem is if you're not careful it'll clump horribly, so take your time! A definite repurchase!! ( its a little more expensive than my mufe one, 27 instead of 24.. But it's worth it!)

on 2/6/2012 10:41:00 AM

Product does what it says, gives very defined lashes and the tube is really gorgeous and elegant. The brush tip sometimes can pick up a little too much mascara, so you have to watch out for clumps. For me, this mascara is too inconsistent. My eyelashes look different every day and I'm not into that. Would not repurchase.

on 12/23/2011 1:38:00 PM

I received some minis of this mascara from the SA at the Clarins counter. Since I'm a mascara junkie, I had been itching to try this... the elegant gold tube of the full-size product just looks so nice, and I was curious about the brush.

As previous reviewers have mentioned, the brush is sort of interesting. It is a plastic brush with hard bristles, and one side of the brush is flat. Additionally, the tip of the brush has a long nub that comes out, which is supposed to be good for defining lower lashes and inner/outer corners.

For reference, I have short, thin eyelashes, so I need all of the help I can get! Instant Definition has a very deep, dark black formula that instantly makes your lashes stand out. I used 2 coats on the top lashes and got a considerable amount of volume without clumping, and also decent length. It also did not detract from the curl of my lashes. It seemed to "set" and hold my lashes in place.

I did not experience any flaking, which was good. I only have 2 complaints: (1) The weird tip thing does have a tendency to pick up too much product and glob it on; (2) The mascara is hard to remove at night. Even after throughly wiping with my makeup wipes, I still had some raccoon eyes when I got out of the shower after washing my face.

Overall, a good mascara, and expensive at $24, but not insanely pricey. I would most likely purchase the full-size if I happened to be at the Clarins counter when I needed mascara. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a mini sample size of this thanks to a Glamour magazine coupon.

The brush was unlike anything I'd seen before -- a normal brush with a smaller tip on the end. I found it messy and the end tip got smudges all over my bottom lashline.

The mascara itself was a nice consistency, but I probably wouldn't use it again.

Top Rated Clarins Products