April 20, 2014 | 1588 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Instant Definition Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this in mini size as GWP. The formula is quite thick and dries quickly on the lashes. It creates very long and full eyelashes with a good curl. However, it's so thick it creates very clumpy eyelashes which must be combed through quite well.
There is no noticeable flaking or smudging either.
So if you want definition, DO NOT buy this. If you want volume and length and don't mind the slightly fiddly application and the high price, go for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by tabacblond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Worst mascara I've ever had. Got panda eyes just an hour after wearing it. Liked the brush though, it made application easy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by sandyylee

Total waste of money! pretty packaging but makes my eyelashes stick together and clumpy. The formula is super wet, it smudges and smears soo easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by kaelores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This coats my lashes well and I can certainly build it up to crazy fluffy volume. It can get a little flaky later in the day though. The brush is annoying but I can get over that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by Stephmua93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara and it has probably replaced my make up for ever smokey lash as my favourite! The packaging is gorgeous and the way it makes my eyelashes look is incredible! Full, and long, almost like false eyelashes! My only problem is if you're not careful it'll clump horribly, so take your time! A definite repurchase!! ( its a little more expensive than my mufe one, 27 instead of 24.. But it's worth it!)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by xmermaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Product does what it says, gives very defined lashes and the tube is really gorgeous and elegant. The brush tip sometimes can pick up a little too much mascara, so you have to watch out for clumps. For me, this mascara is too inconsistent. My eyelashes look different every day and I'm not into that. Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I received some minis of this mascara from the SA at the Clarins counter. Since I'm a mascara junkie, I had been itching to try this... the elegant gold tube of the full-size product just looks so nice, and I was curious about the brush.

As previous reviewers have mentioned, the brush is sort of interesting. It is a plastic brush with hard bristles, and one side of the brush is flat. Additionally, the tip of the brush has a long nub that comes out, which is supposed to be good for defining lower lashes and inner/outer corners.

For reference, I have short, thin eyelashes, so I need all of the help I can get! Instant Definition has a very deep, dark black formula that instantly makes your lashes stand out. I used 2 coats on the top lashes and got a considerable amount of volume without clumping, and also decent length. It also did not detract from the curl of my lashes. It seemed to "set" and hold my lashes in place.

I did not experience any flaking, which was good. I only have 2 complaints: (1) The weird tip thing does have a tendency to pick up too much product and glob it on; (2) The mascara is hard to remove at night. Even after throughly wiping with my makeup wipes, I still had some raccoon eyes when I got out of the shower after washing my face.

Overall, a good mascara, and expensive at $24, but not insanely pricey. I would most likely purchase the full-size if I happened to be at the Clarins counter when I needed mascara. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by daniellealexandra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got a mini sample size of this thanks to a Glamour magazine coupon.

The brush was unlike anything I'd seen before -- a normal brush with a smaller tip on the end. I found it messy and the end tip got smudges all over my bottom lashline.

The mascara itself was a nice consistency, but I probably wouldn't use it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Beautiful packaging.
Two sized wand in one idiotic idea. The skinnier tip does not get the excess product scraped off when removibg from tube, so it is unuseable, unless you wipe it first. At that price, you should 't have to. Very wet formula, have not been able to get decent results, lashes sticking together, clumpy, heavy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a sample size of this mascara but it does have the "patent pending double brush". I usually don't wear mascara because so many of them end up on my under-eye area (even when I don't put any on my bottom lashes). Now, Clarins has a great sealant called Double Fix that is great for this problem but most days, I just don't have the time. Anyway, this new mascara - Instant Defintion - wears beautifully all on its own and even when I apply it on my lower lashes, it doesn't make "raccoon eyes" so I am really liking this. I don't know whether or not it's waterproof - Clarins seems to be very much against waterproof mascara and the packaging doesn't say anything about it being waterproof but it sure is "endurable". I honestly find the brush design a bit odd...the plastic-y end thing is supposed to help get tiny inner and outer corner lashes and it does, indeed, do that but I find it applies too much product which I then have to brush away with a clean spoolie or my mascara comb. Perhaps on the full sized tube, this plastic brush works better but I don't know - I somehow doubt it. The full sized mascara has the gorgeous new gold toned and almost architectural looking tube that is on most of Clarins's new makeup products from Everlasting Foundation to Rouge Prodige lipstick and it is very, very nice - streamlined and classic. I will most certainly purchase the full sized tube of this when I'm done with the sample. This might turn me into a regular mascara wearer!