April 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Eyeliner - Yves Saint Laurent - Effet Faux Cils Cream Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by GMaryroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

It is a great eyeliner. I bought the cherry black which is a dark black with purple tint and a hint of shimmer. The color goes on rich and lasts really long, like from 8a to 4p (I live in Hawai'i so its impressive in this humidity in addition to my oily lids).
It's important to have a good brush to apply it with and I noticed cleaning the brush after every other use makes it super easy to apply. If you let the brush build up with product, it can get clumpy and that results in some fall out and smudges on the cheeks and eyes. So make sure to clean your brush!
The packaging is very luxe and nice, I dropped it and thankfully it did not crack.
The amount of product will probably last over a few months or more, so that's a plus!
I just started experimenting with gel/cream liners and this has been really great for a beginner like me. I usually use Stila's liquid liner which I hold onto for the days I need a quick cat eye, but the cream liner lasts longer for me and is more versatile in terms of eyeliner thickness and style (especially if I want a little smudge).
Bottom line, its long lasting and rich in color; with a good clean brush it goes on super smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by pslovetoshop

Okay, so I bought the Black color. Honestly, I do not know how "safe" it is to use a cream liner in my waterline but I was fed up okay?! I have spent hundreds of dollars trying out ALL the eyeliners from all the brands and NOTHING works! Absolutely nothing! So when I read some reviews online about people using this on their waterline, I thought I must absolutely try it out. And surprise surprise it works!! I am quite impressed! Thumbs up!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily and hooded eyelids; most primers don't work other than Proof 10 (Etude) and to a lesser extent, NARS.
I bought Sea Black, a dark blue with a tiny hint of shimmer-enough to keep it from being flat-in December of 2011. I still have the same pot; I store it upside down in the original box. Some months it's a bit dryer but it is still creamy enough and will not flake.

I use a bent eyeliner brush and have plenty of time to refine a winged eye. It sets well and for me it lasts all day. This year I bought Ashy Black, which is black with a hint of gold shimmer. It is creamier, being newer, and glides on more readily. Both of these liners last me a 14-hour day. I get no lid staining or irritation either.

I use it on upper lid only. For people who tightline this would smudge as it's a cream and hence not water-soluble and won't "adhere" to the lid lining. A gel (BB, MAC) would be preferable.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Amerah

AMAZINGGGGGGGG

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No different than any other eyeliner. Smudges and fades within 1 hour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know how to put it other than: These liners are AMAZING!!! I purchased my first one in Cherry Black and within a week I had gone back to get 3 more colors. I have a love hate relationship with eyeliner...I love the way it looks and defines my eyes, but I have super sensitive and watery eyes that will almost always win the fight with eyeliner leaving me looking like a badly made-made up crying raccoon! However, these gems from YSL are as tenacious as it gets but they don't irritate my eyes at all. My eyes tend to be watery anyway, and these puppies withstand my faucet eyes, workout sweats, humidity, everything!! They are super easy to apply, great for tightlining, and aesthetically gorgeous. I use the Sephora pro gel liner brush or Laura Mercier's flat top push liner brush and they glide on like a dream (and I suck at applying potted liner!). My mom has commented on my eye makeup every time she sees me and I happen to be wearing one if these liners (and she's my toughest critic so that's pretty huge!). They dont flake, budge, feather, migrate, transfer or run. The texture is smooth and creamy, and just a dip in the pot gets me an adequate amount for once across the lid. They can also be built up easily without the color sliding all around (to fill in mistakes, thicken the line etc... these babies are opaque and pigmented!) Once they've set, they're bulletproof, so a seperate eye makeup remover is necessary, or if you use a cleansing oil like me, it does a great job at removal as well. The price may seem steep but they're worth the money, trust me!! The opacity and quality of this liner makes the amount in the pot enough to last forever and ever...I haven't had problems with drying out yet, so hopefully it stays that way. Just remover to screw the lid on super right every time and store them as recommended. These are truly splurge-worthy and are my HG! I have them in Deep black which is exactly what the name implies, Cherry-black which is more of a deep blackened purple, sea black which imo isn't black at all, it's a gorgeous dark blue (but not as deep as navy), jade black which is a beautiful deep green, and bronze black which is actually more of a khaki, but is gorgeous nonetheless!! These liners from YSL reawakened my love for eyeliner!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thoroughly enjoying this product. I bought the Jade Green and the navy blue (forgot name).

I have a difficult time with gel liners but will not give up on them either. This one applies like a dream, very soft. The colors are elegant. the packaging.. meh, they all come in some form of pot which unless closed very carefully will give you a dried up product in short order.
The coverage is excellent and they draw a very defined line. So far I have not had any problem with messy tear duct leakage. I have to remove with Bifacil not because they are entirely waterproof, but because I don't like to tug at my eyelids.

I did not purchase the black because I have quite a few from many other lines and black is the most simplistic color around.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I bought the 'Jade Black' shade because I wanted a green gel liner to wear with my favourite green eyeshadows, such as MAC Greensmoke, Humid and Sumptuous Olive. It's a gorgeous green with a black base, and applies very smoothly. Once on the lid, it stays looking vibrant and does not flake off at all. I also use it on my waterline and it stays put all day. It's worth purchasing for the unique colour combination of green and black. Bottom line: if you're looking for a gel liner that is long-wearing and stays looking fresh, get one from YSL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Fabulous product. I have ashy black, which is a deep graphite shade. It applies like a dream, lasts all day (I set it with a dab of powder), and removes easily. What more can you ask for from a cream liner?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I ended up purchasing this eyeliner after I found out that the Givenchy cream eyeliner I'd been using prior to this had been discontinued. Although expensive, this is the best cream eyeliner I've used thus far.
I'm someone who wears a cat-eye every single day, and I'm pleased to say that this eyeliner has lasted me almost a year! In that time, it has maintained quality, consistency and pigment over this period. I apply it with an angled MAC eyeliner brush, and finish off with a pointed eyeliner brush. This product is super pigmented, and super black- which is exactly what it should be for this price. It glides on really easily, and dries quite fast, which is great if you're in a hurry. The other eyeliners I used prior to this, be it liquid or cream have irritated my eyelid; this does not do so.

The only problem I have with this product, is that it is prone to smudging. This can be corrected by touch-ups with eye makeup touch up sticks like the ones Simple makes.

I am impressed with this product, and will consider buying this product again. However, I am also going to be considering other products with longer lasting power on my next purchasing trip.