July 23, 2014 | 1134 users online

Lip Gloss - Avon - Glazewear -- Intense Plum

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this product has such bad reviews haha! I love this lipgloss and I loved it when I was a little girl too. It says intense but it gives medium coverage. It definitely does give color and is pretty pigmented for a gloss but I wouldn't call it intense. I like the color and think the soft natural plum color looks great! The formula is still wonderful too. It is not sticky, smooth, amazingly scented (super light vanilla/sweet scent), and shiny but not too shiny. It has a tiny bit of shimmer but is barely noticeable and I don't mind that because I prefer no shimmer anyways. :) the price is reasonable and it lasts around 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. Not long which I don't mind, some girls might do however. Still a great gloss and hope they don't discontinue. Been a fan since I was 7 years old. I would repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For $2.99 I figured I'd give it a shot. This is not an intense color - more of a sheer mauvey-plum. Meanwhile, my 8 year old likes this color. I gave her the tube. No big loss - and not a HG! Cheap formula. Not hydrating. Will not repurchase.

Update: Downgrading from 2 lippies to one. So dehydrating. Cheap formula. You can feel it the moment it touches your lips (I have dry skin/lips) - it almost stings. YUCK.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by QuyneKayVi

As the first reviewer said, I was expecting a darker, more INTENSE plum color on my lips. I received neither of that. It was quite sheer and should have been in the "Shine" category. My first Intense AVON Lip Gloss was Cherry Liqeur, which was as intense as advertised. It was like a liquid lipstick, but not as harsh. I started to collect more plum lip products this season and thought I should try the plum intense lip gloss. It just wasn't satisfactory and didn't quite follow Cherry Liqeur's footsteps. However, it is a pretty color, but the advertising was just too misleading, as well as the category that it's in.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always come back to these little gems from Avon. They do have some chemicals in them, but they're definitely not as bad as some of the other high end lip glosses out there. This particular color isn't as intense on me as I thought it would be and it definitely can be worn everyday. It's a glossy, moisturizing and well pigmented plummy color that I will re-purchase as long as Avon continues to sell it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have not found Avon's Glazewear glosses to be bad. I purchased Intense Plum because of a look on a model in one of the catalogs. The lipcolor she was wearing, a bright, highly pigmented, rich magenta/raspberry color, really caught my attention but was not identified (I hate when they do that!) so I sent Avon an email asking what the lipcolor was. Their response to me was "Glazewear lipgloss in Intense Plum" so I ordered it immediately. Once I received the lipgloss it was quickly apparent that it was not the same thing as the model was sporting. Intense Plum is a soft, muted pink that is nowhere near intense, nor is it plum. Although it is a pretty color, it is not what I was in the market for/expecting, and was therefore disappointing. I'll still wear it, but I'd still really love to know what that model in the book was wearing for real.